IGNORED

Ball Markers and how you mark your balls...

SteelDriver
Note: This thread is 5870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I mark my ball with 4 blue dots on the "north pole" of the ball, 1 dot for each of my kids, blue because blue ribbons are first place, but green is my favorite color so I will probably go buy a green sharpie and change it for good.

Mark the ball in scrambles and league play with a smiley face marker (it's the "have a nice" day look) that is on one of my divot tools.

When I play by myself or with my kids I use the marker my kids gave me for Christmas.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

See what i'm saying? Everyone has some kind of personal thing going on. lots of cool ideas.

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

I use either a 1994 or 1998 quarter. Those are the years my sons were born. I don't mark my ball, but I am planning on starting that this year. The Titleist website is pretty cool. I figure I better come up with a good one.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I've mentioned this before, but it's still true today.
I don't mark my balls. The course I play most is right against a busy street and I have sent several balls out that way.. If I ever do hurt someone or shatter a windshield, I don't want anything that could tie that ball back to me.

I think it comes from being married to a lawyer..

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

I dont mark my ball, but i think i will this year for good luck. For a ball marker i use a marker with my clubs logo.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

My ball marker is a just the logo for the University of Alabama.

I mark my Nike One's by outlining the top of the swoosh with a blue sharpie. Just a little mark that gives some depth to the logo.
In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

I always use this tool that I have. you can check the link below(Not the same ball mark tho) I always clip it to my left pocket, the ball mark is a magnet, it attaches to the divot tool. I use this all the time, I feel almost naked without it. Its just so convienant and reliable. I always laugh when people dont have a ball mark and ask me for one, but of course i never have a second haha

http://www.pennantgolf.com/images/gd0961f-2.jpg

I mark my ball with the Zen Enso symbol:

I cut up the tip of a Sharpie to get the brushed look. I look at it every tee shot and put to remind myself to stay in the now and not dwell on the past or start thinking of the future.

For a ball mark, I like the simple little plastic ball marks with a stem on them so they stay in the ground. Also, I don't get mad when I loose them. I've lost a lot of nice coins over the years. Sometimes I'll put an Enso on them as well...

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

I use a button from by Brooks Brothers blazer to mark my balls. Reminds me of all the good times I've had in it. My ball mark repair tool is a scotty.

I mark my ball with three red 'cherry bombs' on top of the 'titleist', ala Scotty Cameron.

1979 quarter, year I was born.

In the Bag:
Driver 907 D2, 8.5*, Accuflex x-stiff
3 Wood 904F 15*, Accuflex V2, x-stiff
Hybrid 585H, 19*, Aldila NV 85S
Irons MP 57's, + 1", 1* up, Project X 5.5Wedges Titleist Spin Milled 56* and 60*, oil can, +1/2", 1* upPutter :Scotty Cameron: Newport 2Ball ProV1Bag: OGIO Gromwww.quail...

I put a line on my ball using a tool I picked up at a retail store. That's about all I do to mark my ball.

For ball markers, I have a couple of Divvy Tools that I use that have magnetic spots for markers. I have two markers that came with the two tools. On is my alma mater, Georgia Tech, and the other is the U.S. Navy seal. I have two other markers that are custom markers that Divvy made for me that I gave out as gifts to my friends in a former Navy squadron I was in. I switch between markers from round to round.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

as far as ball markers I grap loose change from my car that day and place it in my Left Pocket and when needed just grap and use the 1st thing that comes out.

as far as marking my ball I place a Jesus Fish with a Cross in the middle and My Mothers Initials as she just recently passed on.

Um I have a titleist hat with the "Magnetic field" (lol) and I use the marker 4 that koz it matches my Pro-V1x Ball.........

yeh
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I use a few different markers from courses I played when I used to live in FL.

in my grom stand bag:

Driver: HiBore 9.5* fujikura stiff
3w: HiBore 15* fujikura stiff
2i hybrid: HiBore fujikura stiff3-sw: MP-57 +1/2 2* up stiff steelPutter: 2ball SRT 36"GPS: SG3 Sky caddieCart:Clicgear 2.0Home Course: Lake Spanaway http://www.lakespanawaygc.com

I use one of three options:
-$1 or $2 Peso
-A rusted out 1974 quarter
-Any other quarter from the 60's (reminds you of what youre looking to do)

As for my ball, three small dots to the left of the number.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

I mark my ball with a T (first letter of my first name) under the number on each side, and I use some change or any other marker to mark my ball.

In my Stand Bag
Driver- 905T 9.5* w/ Aldila NV Stiff
3-Wood- 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Irons 3-PW- 704 CB w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges- CG10 52* Vokey 56* Oil Can Spin Milled Vokey 60* Oil Can Spin MilledPutter- Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Ball- Prov1 (Or any nice soft...

I have a couple of different ball markers that I use. Lately I've been using a poker chip sized one with my home course name and logo on one side and the year it was built (1971) on the other. I also use a number of coins from other countries, most recently a 50 and a 100 Colones coin from Costa Rica.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!