Sign in to follow this  
SteelDriver

Ball Markers and how you mark your balls...

Note: This thread is 4310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

42 posts / 6060 viewsLast Reply

Do your ball markers mean anything to you, and do you mark your balls in a special way?

I think its kinda neat when I play with people who have some kind of meanings behind those things, so I thought I would ask all of you.

The 1st time I ever played golf in my life was with my father-in-law, whom is an avid golfer. After the round he bought me a ball marker that had the courses name printed on it and told me that it was a reminder of the 1st time we played together. Been using it ever since.

On my balls I put a C3 (its a C to the 3rd power) on every one of my balls. My wife and 2 son all have names that start with C.

I see a lot of alma mater ball markers, those are always cool too. Gets the trash talking going some times.

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

i just put my first letter of my first name on the ball. You should check out the titliest website. they have all these different ball marks. some are pretty interesting

As for ball markers I use the one that came with my Nike divot tool, or the one that slips on my hat and has the logo of the amatuer golf tour I play on. As for marking my ball... I put a blue "41" next to the factory ball #. Blue because I like blue, and 41 because it has been my hockey number for many years.

It is not how you mark your ball, it is how you mark your Titleist...

Go to:

www.titleist.com

and under Mark your Titleist and you will see all kind of way to mark your Titleist...lol.

Have fun...

On the green, no special way to mark my ball. Will use dime or ball marker or...

i just put my first letter of my first name on the ball. You should check out the titliest website. they have all these different ball marks. some are pretty interesting

I think the thread starter is asking what sort of coin you use to mark your ball...

I use RCMP ball markers which stay attached to my hat clip and if you want to know about ball markings... I mark mine with boobs (not detailed though) ...so when I look down and am angry I will always remember that it's just a game and I have something positive to go home to, thinking happy thoughts.. haha

I use a coin I picked up in Mexico. It's huge. As for marking my ball I put a dot above the logo. That's it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i use an old course marker that my sister picked up for me when she was in scotland, and i haven't decided how to mark my balls with sharpies yet.....i used to underline the #, but it was lame

I use a 1914 Wheat Penny that my grandfather used to use when he was out on the course.

He gave it to me when he couldnt make it out to play, always loved to watch though. Used it ever since, goes in a plastic container after each use so I dont lose it.

As for the ball mark, not really picky when it comes to that. Just put a green and yellow dot on each side of the logo for Green Bay colors.

I use a 1914 Wheat Penny that my grandfather used to use when he was out on the course. He gave it to me when he couldnt make it out to play, always loved to watch though. Used it ever since, goes in a plastic container after each use so I dont lose it.

Now THAT is pretty darn cool right there!

I mark my ball with two black or red lines,then I use the lines to line up my putting line. Ball marker is usually from a nice course I've played.

Daddy,
Tom Bacon Custom Designs in Mesa, AZ sells personalized silver or gold markers for a pretty good price if you don't lose them often. I don't have a seb site, but they can be reached at (806) 283-1978. My gold markers were $8 each and he can do pretty much any customization. Tom and his wife were great to do business with when I was down there.

Normally I don't mark my balls-because I go through too many, and a lot of the ones I have were used anyway. During an official round I'll put three black dots above "Titleist" in a triangle.

I use an Divot tool and ball mark ...I bought it back when I owned a 3-ball putter (which I soon got rid of and got a Scotty)...I use this becuase it works well (mark slides on and off easially) and it is bright so you can see it well on the green. Also the divot tool works very well and it is strong so I think it will be around for a long time...
Attachment 893

I play TP Red balls...I mark my ball by coloring in the "O" in the word TaylorMade as I do not like a lot of marks on my ball plus it reminds me of my favorite Grandmother (God rest her soul) who's last name was Taylor...
Attachment 894

I normally use a ball marker with a Chicago Cubs logo; if the Bears or Fighting Illini are playing that day, I'll use a marker with their logo.

Mark the ball by filling in the "o" in Hogan and drawing a short aiming line, both with a green Sharpie. I don't like a lot of marks on my ball.

I use a penny, because I have so many of them and I don't care if I lose it because it's practically worthless anyway.

Note: This thread is 4310 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!