I love golf hats. All kinds. But this thread is for those special hats you own that are in your personal Hall of Fame. Preferably non-OEM. Let's see them! 

First up is Seminole. I have played in three stroke play tournaments there and its an incredible place. Second up is my Crosby hat from the Clambake. I have never been but it was a gift from a great friend of mine and tied in the black and brown I used to wear. The logo is supercool and a suede bill that screams 80s. 

Seminole.jpg

Crosby.jpg

The first time I played Pebble Beach it was raining so I reluctantly put on a golf hat.  It was a cap I had from the Breckenridge Ski Resort in Colorado.  My caddie had skied there, too.  So we instantly had a bond.  By hole #8 the rain had stopped and a rainbow came out!  I removed the hat, and haven't worn it since.  Definitely HOF material.

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The first time I played Pebble Beach it was raining so I reluctantly put on a golf hat.  It was a cap I had from the Breckenridge Ski Resort in Colorado.  My caddie had skied there, too.  So we instantly had a bond.  By hole #8 the rain had stopped and a rainbow came out!  I removed the hat, and haven't worn it since.  Definitely HOF material.

Is it blue?  I have one from Breck but it wouldn't be in my HOF.   I've never really give any thought to hats being in my HOF.   They just keep the sun off.

@TourSpoon, I like the hats you've displayed.   Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Is it blue?  I have one from Breck but it wouldn't be in my HOF.   I've never really give any thought to hats being in my HOF.   They just keep the sun off.

@TourSpoon, I like the hats you've displayed.   Thanks for sharing.

Black.  And TourSpoon, that Crosby hat is fantastic!  It's that time of the year to bring back the Crosby/Bowie Christmas music.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 8:58 PM, dennyjones said:

I've never really give any thought to hats being in my HOF.   They just keep the sun off.

Same, here. I don’t even own a “golf” hat.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

It's hard to believe that I am the only one with some unique headwear. Come on! 

Hats are, to me, almost entirely functional. I wear them until they're kinda gross or old looking, and then I throw them out.

I am not a collector of hats and as others have said, I wear one to keep the sun out of my eyes, prevent sunburn on my head through thinning hair and when cold, keep me warm.

That being said, I will talk about two pieces of head gear.

I have worked for "HealthCap" many years.  They have taken me on a lot of great golf trips.  One was where I acquired the cap below (the 3rd photo shows one the original color).  It is my grass cutting hat now.  😉

IMG_0100.JPGIMG_0101.JPGIMG_0102.JPG

The second item dates from 2011.  I played in a GAM Golf Day at Radrick Farms.  Radrick was Pete Dye's first 18 hole course.  It is owned by the University of Michigan.  A really nice course.  At any rate, I placed in the money that day, both net and gross.  I waited until the end of the season when everything in the clubhouse was marked down. I bought some socks and the below sock hat/beanie.  That hat stays in my bag from September to the end of May.

IMG_0103.JPG

Edited by bkuehn1952
  • Like 2

Okay, I'm not sure what qualifies as Hall of Fame material. 

Normally I just wear a hat that keeps the sun of my scalp and is comfortable. I actually like the "trucker hat" style the best. Two reasons... 1 - I like the venting to keep my big brain from overheating. 2 - They go great with cargo shorts..... 👍🤪👍

Here's the hat I picked up at the TST Whispering Woods, Chautauqua, NY/Erie, PA gathering. See this thread for information: 

Chautauqua, NY/Erie, PA Gathering - August 1-2, 2020 - Member Outings & Meetups - The Sand Trap .com

Anyhoo, it was a great time. I really enjoyed it. I played pretty much the worst of anyone there. And I got this hat. I like it a lot. 

20201203_092638.thumb.jpg.5d176c9da940dde61ae0b5eebb2d742e.jpg20201203_092704.thumb.jpg.0a9266cbb3c3559742feabda9e60bacb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, iacas said:

Hats are, to me, almost entirely functional. I wear them until they're kinda gross or old looking, and then I throw them out.

Agreed. I have tons of hats. I also saw somewhere on Youtube, they have a hat spray that stops the sweat marks from appearing.

I'm a bit of a hat collector. But I don't think I've worn a different hat golfing since I got this one :-)

master_kush_hat.png

Runner up is probably this one. My version is no mesh and all dark grey. It's the ghost tree hat from Old MacDonald at Bandon. My least favorite of the courses there but by far the coolest hat!

bandon_ghost_tree_hat.png

• Like 1

My personal favorite!91RcuKa224L._AC_UY1000_.thumb.jpg.512f7ce39694fda79d3582f6ac8ada8e.jpg

No in all honesty I feel the same way @iacas feels, they are purely functional until they are so gross that they must be tossed. Working at a golf course for all these years has ruined me from buying hats when I play different courses. I know how much those hats really cost wholesale, and I have a hard time paying $35-$40 for a $13 hat, I don't care if it does say Pinehurst no 2 on it. 

42 minutes ago, jamo said:

spacer.png

That's a great hat! I have one just like it, plus various other Red Sox, Patriots, and Bruins hats. I played with a Yankees fan one day while wearing a Red Sox hat,and I told him that he was a very lucky man because he could look at my hat for four hours.

38 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

That's a great hat! I have one just like it, plus various other Red Sox, Patriots, and Bruins hats. I played with a Yankees fan one day while wearing a Red Sox hat,and I told him that he was a very lucky man because he could look at my hat for four hours.

When you missed that one foot putt did you tell him your name was Bill Buckner?  😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NM Golf said:

My personal favorite!91RcuKa224L._AC_UY1000_.thumb.jpg.512f7ce39694fda79d3582f6ac8ada8e.jpg

No in all honesty I feel the same way @iacas feels, they are purely functional until they are so gross that they must be tossed. Working at a golf course for all these years has ruined me from buying hats when I play different courses. I know how much those hats really cost wholesale, and I have a hard time paying $35-$40 for a $13 hat, I don't care if it does say Pinehurst no 2 on it. 

It really depends on the bowl of soup that comes with it.