IGNORED

What Is The Longest Club That You Would Want For A 2nd Shot into a Par-Four?

Note: This thread is 1022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Longest Clubs into Par Fours  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What's the Longest Club You'd Want into a Par 4?

• 3W/Hybrid
    • 4I/5I
    • 6I/7I
    • 8I/9I
    • Wedge

For me it is 4H. That is the longest club in my bag after the driver at present. We have a par 4 that is almost 500 yards (from the back tees) and the last 20 or 30 yards is uphill to an elevated green.  Playing that tee in tournaments is the hardest second shot for me.  If I have hit a really good drive, I still need to catch my hybrid perfectly to hit the green.  Most of the time I just aim to be just next to the uphill and hope I can chip decently from there.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...

I said 5 iron, because that is the longest club in my bag that has a dispersion zone about the same size as the nGIR zone, so that I feel I have a reasonable chance of making a par after a good drive.

So that means my maximum comfortable par 4 hole is about 420 yards, 240 drive + 180 5 iron.

Playing courses in the 6,000 to 6,300 yard range means that there are rarely more than one to two par 4's outside my range, per round.

Marshall

Just now, Divot Master said:

I said 5 iron, because that is the longest club in my bag that has a dispersion zone about the same size as the nGIR zone, so that I feel I have a reasonable chance of making a par after a good drive.

So that means my maximum comfortable par 4 hole is about 420 yards, 240 drive + 180 5 iron.

Playing courses in the 6,000 to 6,300 yard range means that there are rarely more than one to two par 4's outside my range, per round.

Sounds like you’ve read LSW I gotta pester @iacas for another copy, due to losing it when I got separated.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Probably 4h (195 carry) for me. Maybe my 7w (205-10 carry). But once I get to my u510 (or 5w) or my 3w, it better be a par 5 😀

10 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

Sounds like you’ve read LSW I gotta pester @iacas for another copy, due to losing it when I got separated.

I have an extra. PM me your address and I’ll mail you one.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I have an extra. PM me your address and I’ll mail you one.

He's got one on the way already. 🙂 But that's nice of you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!