IGNORED

Hogan Apex 98/99 Blades Reshaft?

I've just bought my third set of Hogan 99 blades after playing srixon z forged blades that weren't correctly statically fit to my length/height. I'm really in the camp of having my clubs correctly statically fit to start with, then learn how to strike, shape my shots from there better. Rather than trying to get better with clubs that aren't really fit right for me.

my question is I was going to add half an inch to these Hogan's but then thought maybe I just go the whole hog and re-shaft them all with newer shafts? I do like Nippon modus tour105 stiff that would probably be similar weight to the Apex 4s that are in them already. 

in my fitting I was fitted to those 105 because I liked feeling the weight of the clubhead more vs the 120s. But then they just went forward and fitted 120s because the fitter wanted to 'lower my ball flight'. 😡

so in summary, fit new shafts like 105 with extra length in these Hogan's or just add half an inch to the Apex fours in them now? 

Any experience? Suggestions?

• iacas changed the title to Hogan Apex 98/99 Blades Reshaft?
10 hours ago, Swardmusic said:

in my fitting I was fitted to those 105 because I liked feeling the weight of the clubhead more vs the 120s. But then they just went forward and fitted 120s because the fitter wanted to 'lower my ball flight'. 😡

You liked the 105s but the fitter went ahead and built the clubs with 120s without your consent? And you paid for these clubs anyway?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There is no reason you can't just put 1/2 inch extensions in if you are just wanting a bit more length. If you are wanting to refresh the set a bit more then go with the 105s. Don't do the 120s. You like the the 105s, go with the 105s. 

Fitters trying to change things with shaft specs is unfortunate/a result of what they have to work with/understand. If you really want to change your ball flight in a significant way, then you bend down the lofts a degree or two. That is how you adjust ball flight. Shaft changes will be far less significant and in many cases not permanent as your body will adapt to the different shaft feel so what you see from your first handful of swings will be mitigated as you continue to use them over time.

17 hours ago, billchao said:

You liked the 105s but the fitter went ahead and built the clubs with 120s without your consent? And you paid for these clubs anyway?

I swear that I was fit with 105 then when I picked up the clubs they had 120 in them. basically the srixon fitter couldn't really remember so they all just tiptoed around it and suggested that the 120s are right for me. Pretty shity really. And yeah also didn't put in extra length in the shafts based on my toe down swing at the time.  instead of just fitting me properly and letting me learn to swing the club properly.

15 hours ago, Adam C said:

There is no reason you can't just put 1/2 inch extensions in if you are just wanting a bit more length. If you are wanting to refresh the set a bit more then go with the 105s. Don't do the 120s. You like the the 105s, go with the 105s. 

Fitters trying to change things with shaft specs is unfortunate/a result of what they have to work with/understand. If you really want to change your ball flight in a significant way, then you bend down the lofts a degree or two. That is how you adjust ball flight. Shaft changes will be far less significant and in many cases not permanent as your body will adapt to the different shaft feel so what you see from your first handful of swings will be mitigated as you continue to use them over time.

Yes I like and agree with that advice good to hear thank you for your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

So on further inspection weve also found that my custom set of srixons disnt have any of the 4 extra wraps under the grips like i was fitted for lol... 

They did offer a refit after e-mailing their help which is good. 

But im moving back to my hogans anyway.... 

• Like 1