• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I understand keeping the Northern states off the list. Winter stinks up here.  But 115F is no picnic either. Neither is 95 with 90 RH. My friend who lives in Vero Beach, FL in the winter says golf there in the summer is brutal. He leaves in May for NH. My niece lives in Phoenix and she says summer is unbearable. I would think the best places would be where you can play all year comfortably. Hawaii, the Carolina Coast and West Coast California. It can get cool on the coast, but it doesn’t snow that much in Charleston.
    • I don’t mind different grips, but within each of these club types, the grips must match: Fairway woods hybrids irons The different grip types in these categories often gives me a semi-conscious tactile reminder of the slightly different swings for the club types, if that makes sense. 
    • My iron set is: 6-9, PW, AW and SW. According to the 85% figure (8i relative to driver) that has been thrown about, my distances seem in line with the norm. I am guessing that with most golfers perhaps 9i would be the club that would be half the length of a driver on average.  
    • I usually get a new cheap straw hat every spring, but this year I am thinking of an Aussie Chiller.
  • Today's Birthdays

1. blkjazz
      blkjazz
      (71 years old)
    2. bluebaws82
      bluebaws82
      (39 years old)
    3. g30rg35m1th
      g30rg35m1th
      (21 years old)
    4. Otis2014
      Otis2014
      (58 years old)
    5. Phil Marsh
      Phil Marsh
      (50 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...