Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi All

Looking at this AMG video below , was wondering whether it is just a setup issue at address that can prevent the pelvis moving prematurely towards the ball-target line ? So if if there is unweighting of the trail leg in the early downswing (while the 'Core' rotates the pelvis and spins the trail hip) , the improved AMG setup with centre line of hips directly over the ankle joints (or slightly forwards towards the mid-sole) will cure this issue? But is there an explanation why this is a cure?

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
44 minutes ago, Warlock said:

Looking at this AMG video below, was wondering whether it is just a setup issue at address that can prevent the pelvis moving prematurely towards the ball-target line?

I don't think they're saying that it's only the setup issue. You can see that even after correcting the setup, it took "John" a few swings to play around with the feeling a bit.

44 minutes ago, Warlock said:

So if if there is unweighting of the trail leg in the early downswing (while the 'Core' rotates the pelvis and spins the trail hip) , the improved AMG setup with centre line of hips directly over the ankle joints (or slightly forwards towards the mid-sole) will cure this issue? But is there an explanation why this is a cure?

I think you're conflating two things here.

To the video specifically, if your balance is too far in the heels and/or you rotate around the right hip on the backswing, your lower center (hips) will move forward toward the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

 

This was perhaps one of the most powerful images in the video.

tilted_shins.png

 

I don’t think I would have guessed that but makes sense.  If I’m not paying attention I tend to get weight more in my heels at setup.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, iacas said:

I don't think they're saying that it's only the setup issue. You can see that even after correcting the setup, it took "John" a few swings to play around with the feeling a bit.

I think you're conflating two things here.

To the video specifically, if your balance is too far in the heels and/or you rotate around the right hip on the backswing, your lower center (hips) will move forward toward the ball.

Many thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/14/2020 at 6:44 PM, iacas said:

This was perhaps one of the most powerful images in the video.

tilted_shins.png

This just opened my eyes. Thank you for pointing this part out of the video. I've been looking to find a position that is comfortable and I've been messing around!! Great share

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Love these pro vs am videos.  I am a numbers person to help me go with feel. My only advice, only watch these videos if it’s your true problem, they may make swing worse if you have another cause and affect in your swing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, grubby98 said:

Love these pro vs am videos.  I am a numbers person to help me go with feel. My only advice, only watch these videos if it’s your true problem, they may make swing worse if you have another cause and affect in your swing. 

Wondering what the golfer has to do that will recreate those Pro movements (at the correct time in the whole kinematic sequence)? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
14 hours ago, grubby98 said:

Love these pro vs am videos.  I am a numbers person to help me go with feel. My only advice, only watch these videos if it’s your true problem, they may make swing worse if you have another cause and affect in your swing. 

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with watching these videos for academic purposes. I don’t generally watch golf videos to fix faults in my own swing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • It’s been a month or two since I last played, but I took Classic out for a spin, and it worked just fine. The data was able to transfer from my device using my computer as well. 
    • Do you guys watch or like any YouTube instructions channel? I’m as a newbie follow a few that think help me learned. It might not better than lesson but for now it will do. I plan to take specific lesson though like griping and swing path. I watch a lot from Danny Maude and Mike Breed.
    • I was thinking “liquid metal” was what someone meant to be “hot melt”.
    • @Shorty, @boogielicious, and @iacas thank you for adding well-reasoned and factual statements to counter @Billy Z’s nonsense.   While I tend to agree to a limited extent that people can be overly sensitive these days, “Indian” and the equivalent (“red skins” and the like) are, as all of you pointed out, offensive—and not just a nitpicky level of sensitivity—but offensive to all reasonable people, given historical context and usage. Therefore, I think the ball club made the right decision. However, I’m not a fan of “guardians,” but I’m happy to see the change. 
    • This nails it. And if he read this he’d think..’yeah…another minion.’ 
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Armando Araujo
      Armando Araujo
      (46 years old)
    2. chris3putt
      chris3putt
      (54 years old)
    3. CrazyHorsePete
      CrazyHorsePete
      (34 years old)
    4. DHak20
      DHak20
      (44 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...