IGNORED

NHL 2020-21 (or just 2021)

19 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

I agree. What is DeBoer going to do when Lehner lets 3 in within the first 12 minutes tomorrow?

Easy there getting my hopes up. Keep saying stuff like that, I'm going to hold you to it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nikolaj Ehlers (#27 in blue) is properly getting a lot of credit for holding the scrum back from the injured Evans.  

Man, Tom Wilson just can't help himself. He's not just a goon, but he undermines his actual ability when he pulls stupid shit like this. He should be out for awhile. But it's the NHL, and th

I’m having a hard time seeing this. First, you said someone is really going to get hurt one of these days, even though the kid is out with a concussion. Then, you said you were thinking of something m

Is Tampa a lock to win the cup?

16 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Recent history would show that you should never call anyone a "lock".

I'm sure Tampa is a betting favorite right now.

The Isles laid an egg last night, and Barzal lost his cool, if you’re going to get a major, take the other guy with you, it’s that simple. He drops the stick, he probably gets the other guy to fight. Stupid stupid game last night.

5 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Easy there getting my hopes up. Keep saying stuff like that, I'm going to hold you to it.

That’s what happened to Varlamov last night.

On 6/22/2021 at 9:21 AM, Billy Z said:

No, the Isles in their history have stolen some Game 7s.

The Isles are that boxer that no matter how many you knock them down, they get back up. Tampa last I heard was down to 10 forwards for Game 7. 

If last night’s game was the last ever game in the Coliseum, what a way to close the old barn.

14 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

No, the Isles in their history have stolen some Game 7s.

I love how @Billy Z posed his question the morning after NYI got blown out and you responded the day after they tied the series up in game 6.

I responded to the Game Five 8-0 blow out by Tampa.

On 6/22/2021 at 1:48 PM, onthehunt526 said:

The Isles laid an egg last night, and Barzal lost his cool, if you’re going to get a major, take the other guy with you, it’s that simple. He drops the stick, he probably gets the other guy to fight. Stupid stupid game last night.

That’s what happened to Varlamov last night.

See @billchao and overall I don’t think even if Tampa goes to the finals they are a lock to win the Cup. So, in general, no. Tampa is not a lock to win the Cup.

The Isles laid an egg in game 5, but even after giving up 12 goals in a row, picked themselves off the mat, stayed disciplined and won Game 6 and forced a winner-take-all Game 7 at Amalie.

And Montreal advances.  I know a few guys who will be overjoyed.

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I love how @Billy Z posed his question the morning after NYI got blown out and you responded the day after they tied the series up in game 6.

Two things prompted my comment, one was that they are the reigning Champs, and two 8-0 is quite a lopsided win. 

13 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Two things prompted my comment, one was that they are the reigning Champs, and two 8-0 is quite a lopsided win. 

Even Cup Champions lay an egg in a playoff game once in a while. 

If Tampa is down to 10 forwards for game 7, they’re really going to be depending on Vasilesky (sp). Point and Stamkos will try to take over for Tampa. It’s gonna either be a laugher or an epic 7th game.

Anybody want to go out on a limb and pick the winner and game score for tonight's hockey game?

Well that was a pretty comprehensive job by Tampa last night.

It was just constant pressure. No space for anyone to work. The Habs got to the point where they were shooting anything the moment they had the chance and missed the net with a ton of them. TB manages to be dynamic offensively and rarely out of position on defense. 

Plenty of teams lose Game One and come back, but Montreal is going to need some adjusting if Game Two is going to be any better.

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Don’t they have a few superstars who just recovered from an injury that they can activate, @mcanadiens? 🙂

"Superstars"? 

I'm supposing there is a joke in there that I'm too dull to catch at the moment.

Guess Armia was scratched because he just came back from covid protocol. Haven't heard anything about Tatar, but I never would have thought to call either of those guys a superstar.

11 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

"Superstars"? 

I'm supposing there is a joke in there that I'm too dull to catch at the moment.

I think @iacas is making a TB joke. Because you know, salary cap circumvention is selectively punished around the league.

5 minutes ago, billchao said:

I think @iacas is making a TB joke. Because you know, salary cap circumvention is selectively punished around the league.

Ok. That makes sense.

As far as I understand the Kucherov situation, the NHL allows it and Tampa Bay took advantage. It's the definition of a loop hole.  You never like the people that exploit these things, but sort of wish your own club had managed something like that.

Another mess the NHL needs to clean up, but nothing can be done about it now.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, billchao said:

This.