IGNORED

NHL 2020-21 (or just 2021)

iacas
Note: This thread is 989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

Man, Tom Wilson just can't help himself.

He's not just a goon, but he undermines his actual ability when he pulls stupid shit like this.

He should be out for awhile. But it's the NHL, and they don't care about protecting their stars, so he'll probably end up with a small fine or something.

Sickening.

Play f***ing hockey, not whatever stupid shit this is.

Wilson was suspended earlier this season.

Haven't read this yet but am about to:

tom-wilson.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=12

Enough is enough. Tom Wilson should be banned for the rest of the season and the playoffs.

Never mind. I hadn't seen this.

Pathetic.

Agreed.  He shouldn't be in the league. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That was a puke move by Wilson.

As mentioned before, I grew up with "caveman hockey", but punching a guy in the back of the head like that is something else.

A crummy $5K fine is pretty weak. With the Rangers out of the playoff picture, I wonder what happens on Wednesday.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

A crummy $5K fine is pretty weak. With the Rangers out of the playoff picture, I wonder what happens on Wednesday.

Yup.

Look, IMO, the NFL goes a bit too far in protecting QBs. Not much, as they're the moneymakers, but a bit. IMO they could protect some running backs a bit more, too.

But the NHL almost encourages the opposite to happen. They almost embrace and encourage the thuggery. The bigger the name they take out, the better.

When the NHL realizes that fewer and fewer people are going to see people running around, and they'd love to see some SKILLED players making AWESOME plays, we'll begin to see a change.

But that feels like it's still a decade or two away sometimes.

They're still probably joking about concussions internally.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

44 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yup.

Look, IMO, the NFL goes a bit too far in protecting QBs. Not much, as they're the moneymakers, but a bit. IMO they could protect some running backs a bit more, too.

But the NHL almost encourages the opposite to happen. They almost embrace and encourage the thuggery. The bigger the name they take out, the better.

When the NHL realizes that fewer and fewer people are going to see people running around, and they'd love to see some SKILLED players making AWESOME plays, we'll begin to see a change.

But that feels like it's still a decade or two away sometimes.

They're still probably joking about concussions internally.

This.  Listen, I enjoy a good hard physically played game, but when you see guys on the ice making plays that are just so pretty, it makes the game so much more enjoyable to watch.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• Administrator

Oy.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I like how the Rangers publicly called out for the resignation of Parros. 

As for Wilson, the fine is laughable.  The shot to the face while the guy was down was bad enough, but to keep going on Panarin for defending a teammate is just a joke.

I find it somewhat hypocritical he gets a 5K fine, while Zack Kassian got five games or so for ragdolling Tkachuk.

Corey

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

As for Wilson, the fine is laughable.  The shot to the face while the guy was down was bad enough, but to keep going on Panarin for defending a teammate is just a joke.

I find it somewhat hypocritical he gets a 5K fine, while Zack Kassian got five games or so for ragdolling Tkachuk.

And Gostisbehere gets a hearing.

19 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

The NHL has always been particularly funny about the people it picks for that job. 

Of course, Parros was an enforcer in his playing career with 36 points and 1,092 PIM over 474 games. The guys that preceded Parros were Stephane Quintal and Brendan Shanahan. Both notorious rough players. 

8 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

The NHL has always been particularly funny about the people it picks for that job. 

Of course, Parros was an enforcer in his playing career with 36 points and 1,092 PIM over 474 games. The guys that preceded Parros were Stephane Quintal and Brendan Shanahan. Both notorious rough players. 

It's like a DOPS puts on a blindfold, and then launches a dart onto a screen of the nights infractions.

If Parros gets the sack ( that's pretty much an opinion call, it's a shit job anyway), who gets it next?  Matt Cooke, Chris Pronger, or Dale Hunter?

• Like 1

Corey

• Administrator

Pronger already worked for the league. While still being a player. They didn’t care.

Maybe it's time for the  league to hire someone from the opposite side of the spectrum, like someone who's had to retire due to injury.  Possibly someone like an Adam Deadmarsh, or even Marc Savard.

Corey

3 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

I did, too, but now they’re apparently trying to walk it back and scrambling to save face.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

And Gostisbehere gets a hearing.

Deservedly so. Wilson should have gotten one, too, and suspended.

2 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

It's like a DOPS puts on a blindfold, and then launches a dart onto a screen of the nights infractions.

If Parros gets the sack ( that's pretty much an opinion call, it's a shit job anyway), who gets it next?  Matt Cooke, Chris Pronger, or Dale Hunter?

Just to play a little devil’s advocate, could their line of thinking be to hire these types of guys because they “understand” how to be rough without crossing the line? Or that they understand the difference between being physical and having intent to injure?

Not saying I agree with it or believe it, but I’m just trying to see it from a different perspective.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
2 hours ago, billchao said:

Deservedly so. Wilson should have gotten one, too, and suspended.

Yeah. I didn't record the first part of the game tonight, but someone told me there were multiple fights.

6 total fights to start. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah. I didn't record the first part of the game tonight, but someone told me there were multiple fights.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Thanks. 100 penalty minutes.

And of course f***ing Keith Jones thinks "credit to the players" for handling this, etc. Said "this would have happened even if Tom Wilson had been suspended for a game." Bullshit.

Poorly handled by NHL. Wilson should have been fined heavily and suspended. They left the Rangers no choice tonight. 

I am a NYR fan. But man this team is soft. That is why Davidson and Gorton were fired. Quinn is next. Must get tougher in offseason. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Note: This thread is 989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!