IGNORED

NHL 2020-21 (or just 2021)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

These two teams are stupid fast.

True and Vegas had a size advantage and it played out in their matchup.
Every game in the Cups Playoffs has been fun to watch as usual.
I would like to see Tampa and Vegas in the finals.

The Av's are surprising good this year. I hadn't seen many of their games,
but they have been very good in the playoffs !!!  :beer:

• Like 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I doubt it will happen, but I'd love to see the Islanders in the finals again.  I was just a wee boy when they had their dynasty run. 

Corey

On 6/11/2021 at 10:59 AM, Club Rat said:

True and Vegas had a size advantage and it played out in their matchup.
Every game in the Cups Playoffs has been fun to watch as usual.
I would like to see Tampa and Vegas in the finals.

The Av's are surprising good this year. I hadn't seen many of their games,
but they have been very good in the playoffs !!!  :beer:

Vegas yes, Tampa, no… I think that the officials know that the two fourth-lines want to line brawl…

I wouldn’t be surprised is Barry Trotz starts, the fourth-line as well as Tampa an there is a line brawl at the start of game three on Thursday… 

I think the Isles win in 6. Vegas in 6 as well I think the Habs can win a couple games just because of Carey Price, but I don’t know that they have enough to make it to the finals.

On 6/11/2021 at 8:04 PM, Warren Zevon said:

I doubt it will happen, but I'd love to see the Islanders in the finals again.  I was just a wee boy when they had their dynasty run. 

If they win Games 3 and 4 in the Coliseum. I think they can win the series. Even if it goes back to Amalie 2-2 they can win the series. I think it favors Tampa if the series goes 7 games though.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

8 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

That was crazy.

Felt so bad for Staal.

Then Fleury took him off the hook.

They should give Fleury a primary assist on the tying goal 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

I haven't been watching but I've heard the reffing, go figure, has been quite shitty.

Best sport, worst league.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

I haven't been watching but I've heard the reffing, go figure, has been quite shitty.

Game last night was awful. The most egregious one was Corey Perry getting slapped in the face with a stick, bleeding profusely as he went straight to the locker room. No call.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

12 hours ago, billchao said:

Game last night was awful. The most egregious one was Corey Perry getting slapped in the face with a stick, bleeding profusely as he went straight to the locker room. No call.

Don't think that didn't get noticed by yours truly.

12 hours ago, iacas said:

They always swallow the whistle in the playoffs. When it is your team involved you just hope the calls or non-calls even out.

1 minute ago, mcanadiens said:

Don't think that didn't get noticed by yours truly.

Yea and they showed the replay, too. Sad.

1 minute ago, mcanadiens said:

They always swallow the whistle in the playoffs. When it is your team involved you just hope the calls or non-calls even out.

Yea that’s stupid. Why even bother having rules at all if they’re not going to be enforced properly?

Bill

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

Yea that’s stupid. Why even bother having rules at all if they’re not going to be enforced properly?

Gray space. ... Oh crap we did that discussion already.

That said it is a remarkable difference between what they call in the regular season where a game isn't worth so much and the playoffs.

It probably is something the league needs to look at. It's really almost like two different games when we get to the second season.

12 hours ago, billchao said:

Didn’t that used to be a 5 minute major/game misconduct? A second stick foul by the same player in the playoffs was subject to a supplemental discipline?

I don’t think Jonathan Marchessault did it intentionally. If Perry wanted to make sure it was called, you are coached to stay down.

Corey Perry is tough though.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

5 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

It's really almost like two different games when we get to the second season.

It really is. And it’s stupid that it’s like that.

And I’m also especially bitter about it because the Devils got killed in Game 6 of the 2012 SCF on a 5 minute boarding major that should have never happened because the officials missed a high stick or something earlier in the shift that would have put them on the power play.

7 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

Didn’t that used to be a 5 minute major/game misconduct? A second stick foul by the same player in the playoffs was subject to a supplemental discipline?

I honestly don’t remember that.

7 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

I don’t think Jonathan Marchessault did it intentionally. If Perry wanted to make sure it was called, you are coached to stay down.

It doesn’t matter if it’s intentional or not. Or if the player stayed down. Chances are if he stayed down, they still wouldn’t call the penalty and all he’d do is force his team to play down a man for a bit.

He got up and immediately went to the bench so another player could jump on. He did his job. The refs did not.

• Like 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

43 minutes ago, billchao said:

It really is. And it’s stupid that it’s like that.

And I’m also especially bitter about it because the Devils got killed in Game 6 of the 2012 SCF on a 5 minute boarding major that should have never happened because the officials missed a high stick or something earlier in the shift that would have put them on the power play.

I honestly don’t remember that.

It doesn’t matter if it’s intentional or not. Or if the player stayed down. Chances are if he stayed down, they still wouldn’t call the penalty and all he’d do is force his team to play down a man for a bit.

He got up and immediately went to the bench so another player could jump on. He did his job. The refs did not.

Still should have at least been called… it would have been reviewed and probably upheld as a 5 and 10, but mitigating circumstances might have made it a double-minor. 

In other news, the Isles win game four against Tampa to tie the series and guarantee at least one more game in the Coliseum.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

I really thought Vegas was making a mistake by benching Fleury, but you got to hand it to Lehner. He was very good last night.

DeBoer has pulled that lever one too many times now. Fleury's time in Vegas is over, but shouldn't be. He's always made an occasional stupid mistake, but he makes up for them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

DeBoer has pulled that lever one too many times now. Fleury's time in Vegas is over, but shouldn't be. He's always made an occasional stupid mistake, but he makes up for them.

I agree. What is DeBoer going to do when Lehner lets 3 in within the first 12 minutes tomorrow?

Lehner was a good playoff goalie… in the AHL for one season. 

Edited by onthehunt526

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Note: This thread is 1008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!