• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • This argument is like saying that someone who wins the first two games in a best of three competition hasn't won because there were two rounds and not three.
    • The ace wins, but really they lose when you consider the cost of drinks compared to the small amount won for closest in two!
    • Yes, I'm going to go through all the tutorials. I also started the flight plan to look at Cabot Cliffs in Nova Scotia, but it was too late. Let me get the hang of everything and I'll check out the mutlitplayer. MSFS has already used up 100 GB I suspect it'll get to 200GB.
    • I actually haven't done it, yet.  Used to be in the Traffic menu, there was a section to see online multiplayers or friends--but I haven't been in that menu in months.  I think then you can just get together and decide on a place to spawn, and you'll see one another and can possibly chat on headset.  Not sure if more is needed for the chat piece.  I know I can see my one random friend's online status and his scores on the landing challenges.  Maybe there's some option to "find" them in the sim?  I'll look more into all the multiplayer stuff tonight.  But friend me if you want, and we'll see if we can figure it out. I don't have it on my XBox...pretty limited space on that guy these days.  But, yeah, I bet it'd drain controller batteries like crazy if it's constantly rumbling.  Not sure how much flying, or sim-flying you've done, but if you're just starting out, maybe some of the AI-assist options around trim and power/mix control could help.  The training items seem to be pretty informative, too.   Tying it into golf, I've checked out a bunch of famous courses...everything in the Monterrey peninsula area, a lot of the UK, Bandon, etc.  I usually start at some random city, then pick a course I want to 'play', takeoff, find the course and give it a flyover, then land at the nearest airport in a little 'pretend mission' like I'm going on a golf buddy trip in my private plane. .  Then next time, takeoff from there and pick the next course.  I just made the hop from northern Ireland over to the west coast of Scotland a few nights ago.  In that part of the world, if you enable live weather, it can turn into a real challenge in smaller planes.
    • Day 32 (28 Jul 21) - Played nine today with the 5yr old grandson.  We got back before the rain started.  Used this practice round to work on ball striking and carry distance.  Using the Approach S20, I had planned to used the back distance of the greens as the "carry" factor on the approaches.  Of course if the pin was in the front, then I used the middle distance (center of green) to figure what I needed to carry.  Planned well, executed poorly as the round had only 1 GIR and 4 nGIR.  
  • Today's Birthdays

1. 3putt71
      3putt71
      (64 years old)
    2. cdutra40
      cdutra40
      (22 years old)
    3. Doovy
      Doovy
      (27 years old)
    4. JLeeWildcat9
      JLeeWildcat9
      (35 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...