IGNORED

Green Topography For The Tour

Colins69
Note: This thread is 1150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

17 minutes ago, MiuraMan said:

Here is a digital green reader I bought years ago. It is the Exelys Breakmaster. See link below. It is pricey.

One thing about that, beyond the price, is that it doesn't read in percent, which is what the Aimpoint system uses.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

One thing about that, beyond the price, is that it doesn't read in percent, which is what the Aimpoint system uses.

1 deg = 1.1%

2 deg = 2.2%

3 deg = 3.3%

4 deg = 4.4 %

5 deg = 5.6 %

35 minutes ago, MiuraMan said:

1 deg = 1.1%

2 deg = 2.2%

3 deg = 3.3%

4 deg = 4.4 %

5 deg = 5.6 %

Not quite correct.  100% (1 up to 1 horizontal) is 45 degrees, 90 degrees is "infinite" in percent terms.  The tangent of 1 degree is 0.0175, so 1.75%.  2 degrees is 3.49%, 3 degrees is 5.2%.  Even in those near-horizontal situations, its not linear, and its certainly not 100% correlating to 90 degrees.  But no matter the actual correlations, if you're going to learn Aimpoint, and Aimpoint uses degrees of slope, I'd recommend buying a level that reads in percent, especially at 1/3 the cost.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

4 hours ago, MiuraMan said:

Here is a digital green reader I bought years ago. It is the Exelys Breakmaster. See link below. It is pricey. I have had mine for many years and will carry it in my back pocket when playing practice rounds. Over the years I have mapped out the slopes for all the common pin positions on my home course.

Are you looking for Exelys Breakmaster? InTheHoleGolf.com has a huge selection of golf clubs, golf training aids, and golf equipment.

bm2.jpg

I have an AimPoint level like this, but it’s too small for an accurate measurement. Small variations in the green can skew it. The 12” one I have is better because it is the length of my feet.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
6 hours ago, TRUCKER said:

👌...He told me about that. I didn't know they were $40 though. Oh well, that's 1/2 the price of a green topo book...🤷‍♂️

Plus you can use it around the house. It's still just a level. 🙂

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

And it doesn't tell you the slope across your line. You'd have to do trig to figure that out.

3 hours ago, MiuraMan said:

1 deg = 1.1%
2 deg = 2.2%
3 deg = 3.3%
4 deg = 4.4 %
5 deg = 5.6 %

No…

A 3% slope is ~1.7°.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, MiuraMan said:

1 deg = 1.1%

2 deg = 2.2%

3 deg = 3.3%

4 deg = 4.4 %

5 deg = 5.6 %

Easy Excel Function

=DEGREES(ASIN(SLOPE[%]/100))

image.png

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

My level also has a “laser”.

Austin Powers Movie GIF

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I use one at my regular course and I don't mention I putt dramatically better than before. I still have to get my aim right, and most importantly get the speed right. It really doesn't matter how long I stare at that darn book if I blow it by 4 feet. I think it makes very little difference in the overall scheme of things.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Well my son had the Aimpoint lesson yesterday. Normally it's an 1 1/2 hr. lesson, but the instructor didn't have any other students after, so he spent 3 hrs. with him. I watched the last hour, and was surprised how much the eyes can play tricks on you. They were both feeling breaks on putts that looked flat, or going the opposite direction of what my eyes saw. It was an indoor facility, so there were 3-4 spots strategically designed for that reason. I've taken an Aimpoint clinic, kind of, so I thought I knew what it was. This private lesson was on a whole different level. That's to be expected though. Kinda like comparing a group golf lesson to a private. He has a 2-day tournament tomorrow and Monday, so it's going to be put to the test right out of the gate.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2020 at 12:41 AM, Colins69 said:

This has always stuck in my gullet, the best in the world can’t read greens without a picture showing the fall around the hole and the whole green. Plus the yardage from any point from the Tee box to the green, and me as a bloody half blind man can’t get that help. I appreciate their ball control but jeez that’s a lot of help, no wonder they hit over trees etc on a course they’ve never played before.

Go back to the Pro and caddie doing their own course management before the Tournament starts, let’s see who’s in the Top50 then bet it’s different....

I think with every professional sport today's technology is aiding the athlete more so than yesterday's. If I decide not to use it I am at a disadvantage. Golfers still have to make decisions and hit the ball.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

3 hours ago, Billy Z said:

I think with every professional sport today's technology is aiding the athlete more so than yesterday's. If I decide not to use it I am at a disadvantage. Golfers still have to make decisions and hit the ball.

Granted, my brother suggested I have a camera recording my shot so I can replay to see where my ball has gone, allowed or not???

18 minutes ago, Colins69 said:

Granted, my brother suggested I have a camera recording my shot so I can replay to see where my ball has gone, allowed or not???

I suppose it is up to the rules, and your tolerance of carrying a video camera around. 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

On 2/14/2021 at 9:42 AM, Billy Z said:

I suppose it is up to the rules, and your tolerance of carrying a video camera around. 

Spoke to the Pro and I can use a camera to record where I've hit my ball, yahoo...

3 hours ago, Colins69 said:

Spoke to the Pro and I can use a camera to record where I've hit my ball, yahoo...

If you have a camera good enough to follow your ball all the way to where it stops, you're not hitting it far enough.

Dave

On 2/17/2021 at 1:52 AM, DaveP043 said:

If you have a camera good enough to follow your ball all the way to where it stops, you're not hitting it far enough.

My eyes have lost the ball within 30meters, I'm hoping the video will give me the direction at least. Plus I will see how I'm hitting the ball through my rounds, bonus for me ....

On 2/17/2021 at 3:45 AM, TRUCKER said:

🤭

What?

Note: This thread is 1150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!