IGNORED

Soft Trail Arm Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 1172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

This is hard. Took a lot of tries.

You're a mod, so you can edit, but add the A4 picture when you get a chance.

Like given!

And give the Likes to the ones who went before you, too. It's a Like Party!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Really seeing a drop-off here in the participation of this drill. C’mon folks, it’s a good one.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@Greg 504 this is a good drill for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, Greg 504 said:

OK, here goes. I like the feeling of width this drill provides.

image.thumb.png.ea0cabbecb2a744f87dca26fd4204cfe.png

Well done, and you didn't even need any mobility exercises to turn more ;-)

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

@billchaothanks man. Appreciate the suggestion to give this a try. I can tell it will help with shoulder turn and ball striking consistency if I can maintain that width and not let it break down when I don't think about it.

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

• Administrator

Liked! Nice work.

Two gloves eh?

Just now, iacas said:

Liked! Nice work.

Two gloves eh?

Issues with my fingers and hands, needed to two gloves to just play and hold the clubs.  After I got hand surgery it help a lot but I still need to wear both.  Still will lose the club in my hands from time to time. 

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, djake said:

Issues with my fingers and hands, needed to two gloves to just play and hold the clubs.  After I got hand surgery it help a lot but I still need to wear both.  Still will lose the club in my hands from time to time. 

Gotcha. Makes sense.

You've liked the posts of others doing the drill, per your obligation? 🙂

It's a "Like Factory" here!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Gotcha. Makes sense.

You've liked the posts of others doing the drill, per your obligation? 🙂

It's a "Like Factory" here!

One that is needed - did I do the drill correctly?  First time I tried to hit the ball doing it, I hit off the toe of my iron, it went hard left and ended up inside a 5 gallon box of paint stripper.  Someone in the USA will be getting a free golf ball with their product.

Edited by djake
add content

- Dean

Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, djake said:

One that is needed - did I do the drill correctly?  First time I tried to hit the ball doing it, I hit off the toe of my iron, it went hard left and ended up inside a 5 gallon box of paint stripper.  Someone in the USA will be getting a free golf ball with their product.

Yes, you did. The point isn't always to hit the ball better immediately, but to change the picture and feel something different. 

• iacas changed the title to Soft Trail Arm Challenge
  • Administrator

I updated the language in the first post. I encourage everyone to re-read it.

I may even re-do my video with a little more emphasis on the wrist hinge part.

7 hours ago, iacas said:

I updated the language in the first post. I encourage everyone to re-read it.

I may even re-do my video with a little more emphasis on the wrist hinge part.

Reread your instruction.  Easier for me to follow what to do.

Planning on revisiting this one, thanks for the update

- Dean

Note: This thread is 1172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!