IGNORED

2021 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Got a lucky chip in on 14 - that's a new birdie! 😄👍

Four left. Of those, two are very gettable - 11 (390yd par 4) and 15 (160yd par-3).  The other two... hole 6 is a 420yd par-4 that finishes uphill and hole 13 is a 210yd par 3 that is wide (L-to-R) but thin (front-to-back). I usually struggle to hit the green on that one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Last time out I did make my first birdie of the year at 3. Hit a PW up hill to a 125 yard flag to 6 inches. Landed it short of the stick with a low trajectory hoping to skip it back to the flag and have it check up. Couldn’t have missed making a 2 my very much. Rest of the day I did my best to Kevin Na some birdie putts. Was feeling it after that shot. At 4 I smoked a driver and then hit a gap wedge from 92 to within 5 feet. I hit what I thought was a great putt and started walking it in.... lipped out on the high side tho. At 11 I hit my 2nd way right but my 3rd within 5 feet at the par 5. Again tried to walk one in only to lip on the high side: guess I should leave the walking in of birds too the pros!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bookended my round with birdies today. #1 is new, #18 is not.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Added a new birdie on #4 today, and a repeat on #13. Six birdies left to get, with three months to go.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Finally got birdies on 3 and 14. 5 left now 

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

Just 3 birdies needed to complete the challenge, time is running out though. One hole the 15th I have never had a birdie on it. It is the index 3 I think and it is a long par 4 with the toughest green on the course. Fingers crossed I complete it this year. My best year since I've started playing without doubt. 

• Administrator

I haven't played the back nine at Whispering Woods more than eight times this year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've come to the realization that I am not getting all 18 this year.  I am 4 holes short, and probably only 2-3 weeks left in our Northern MN golf season.  I suppose I could go out to the course on a day that isn't busy and play just those 4 holes until I get a birdie on each, but that seems like cheating. 

John

Last day of September it’s crunch time. 6.12,15,17,18 are missing for me. I can hit a drive big enough to be hitting a wedge on 6.12,17. 15 is a par 3 and 18 is a par 5. No reason I can’t make a birdie at any of those holes before year is up!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Finally checked off 12 today. Nearly a -2. Hit a gap wedge from about 118 to the hole. Slight wind at my back or I prob won’t go with a 52 plus out of the rough so I’m sure it won’t check up too much... all over the pin and hits kicks back and I thought it was going in. Ended up a 6in tap in 3. Now I’ve only got 4 left to birdie this year and some time to do it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Birdied #9 and #12 today, both new.

Hit my drive on #9 in the right rough and had an uphill blind approach to a back pin. Hit PW to 8' behind the hole, made a tricky downhill right to left breaking putt.

On #12 I came as close to a hole in one as I can remember. 8i from 160, hit it to about 14".

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

WOOO - HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

After a couple of weeks without a birdie I got 3 of them today. Number 11 was a new one! A huge drive (by my standards) and hit gap wedge to about a foot and a half. I have one birdie left to get on the back nine and three left to get on the front. The only problem is I'm running out of golf season. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Birdied the 14th hole today, into 20 mph wind, gusts to 30.  Eight holes done for the year.  ten left to go (looks at the calendar and shakes his head).

49384870_hole14.thumb.jpg.492f81d6be98b3d19accdec3e3fb1220.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Got a birdie on hole 5 today.  180 odd yard par 3 with pretty much all carry over water.  Into a bit of a headwind.  Hit a 4 hybrid and it dropped and stopped like 1 or 2 feet from the hole.  Close enough to actually have a one handed tap in for birdie

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

51 minutes ago, pganapathy said:

Got a birdie on hole 5 today.  180 odd yard par 3 with pretty much all carry over water.  Into a bit of a headwind.  Hit a 4 hybrid and it dropped and stopped like 1 or 2 feet from the hole.  Close enough to actually have a one handed tap in for birdie

Sweet dude. One handed tap ins are the best! 

Have you ever missed one? That looks silly. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Sweet dude. One handed tap ins are the best! 

Have you ever missed one? That looks silly. 

Actually, I probably have during friendly games where it was conceded.  But, definitely looks silly

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Finally got a 2 on hole 11. My 2nd ever birdie on the hole and the last one was in 2006… It’s a tough par 3 

Still miss birdies on 6, 7, 8 and 16 this year. All doable, but I only have 2-4 weeks left and little daylight after officehours, so it’ll be hard. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

Birdied 5 and 8 on my away composite today. 8 was new.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!