IGNORED

2021 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got 2 birdies today. I got number 10, which might be the most difficult on the course. I also got number 13... which I already had. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well only one on Saturday and its a dupe. Got 5 left. Anyone else think about this when you are playing? I only think about it when I am putting for birdie on a rascally hole.  

• Funny 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

9 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

Well only one on Saturday and its a dupe. Got 5 left. Anyone else think about this when you are playing? I only think about it when I am putting for birdie on a rascally hole.  

I'm with you. I pretty much don't think about it while hitting my full shots. But I always seem think about it when I'm lining up a birdie putt. I'm like "Ooo, this would be a nice one to cross off." or sometimes I just remember that I've already got this one. 

The last two times I've played I've had reasonably good chances at birdie on number 7. Which at my course is a 170 +/- 10 or so par 3 over water. It's a tough hole because it's back in the corner or the golf property and kind of secluded from the wind. That is until your ball gets up in the air. Anyway, I've never birdied it. I've had two shots at it lately with putts of around 7-8 feet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Haven't decided if I'm going to let it count yet, but I got birdies on 1, 7 (definitely not counting this one as it was on a provisional green and played a lot shorter than normal) and 13 on my homecourse on Saturday. It was from the the red tees. I'll let it count, but with red number for now. Will hopefully be replaced with black/yellow numbers later this summer. 

Missed a 12 feet eagle-putt on 1 (460 yard par 5) and sunk a 2 feet tap-in birdie on 13 (350 yard par 4) 

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

Picked up # 4 yesterday, still missing #9 and #12 the two longest par 3s on the course. Won't get a chance to try again for a few weeks as they are top dressing this week and my group is headed elsewhere until the greens are playable again.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Playing on Saturday I picked up a birdie on hole #4, which is nice since that's definitely the hardest par 4 and I've got it finished for both the front and back 9 now. The other two birdies in my even par 34 were duplicates, but I only have holes 1 and 9 remaining for the front by now.

The back nine was decidedly less nice, since I followed up my up and down front nine 34 with a horrifying 42 that contained a double, a triple, and three bogies with zero birdies to offset any of it. I was playing Wolf with those in my group and took a lot of risks off the tee on the back 9 because my partners were already in safe position, and precisely zero of those risks paid off. In the future I'll likely just use standard stroke play strategy around the course even if a higher-risk option could be better for a cash side game, because otherwise that little course will eat you alive off the tee if you play aggressively and miss. 

Edited by Pretzel

I made a sweet 12 foot putt on number 2 for birdie. Then I birdied number 18 from the championship tees.  

I had a great chance on 17. I had a 5 footer up hill. Burned the right edge.

• Thumbs Up 1

Made 3 birdies today, but only 2 counted, but have now birdied two of our hardest Par 4’s, 9 & 18.

Edited by jsgolfer
  • Like 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Picked up another one today.  Always nice to birdie the first hole, and wow was it windy today, whew!!

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Picked up a birdie on #9.    Par 5 and one of the better birdie chances on the course.   But, nice to get the ball rolling in the first rd of the season. 

#11 still eludes me from last year.  Picked up a triple-bogie there today.  So no where to go but up here. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Birdied 7 and 12, and 7 is new. Completely lucky to chip in on both of them. Thinned the shot on 7, hit the flagstick, and it dropped in. 🙂 Just lucky to have it roll in on 12.

Finally got my birdie.  Eighth hole at Sugar Hill Golf Club.  Par 3 - 110 yards, slightly uphill.  Pulled my wedge slightly left of the pin, and had about a twelve foot putt.  This was probably the only good putt I hit all day.  It broke ever so slightly to the right and dove right into the cup.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Hole 18. 14 left to go.

1355577172_hole18.thumb.jpg.23d1b15eb76397ae8273fe1371c03cfe.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Made a birdie hole 10 today. A 535 yard par 5 with a strong dogleg left after 350 yard that played directly into 15 mph wind today. I hit a bad slice of a drive around 230 yards to the rough on the left side, and the safe route to the dogleg corner was blocked by a tree so had to look for other options. If I hit it back into the fairway, I would need 4 to reach the green, so I went with the risky option: to hit it over the dogleg, a 200 yard carry over OB into the wind from the rough. I hit my 4 iron and cleared the OB by a couple of yards, and was left with around 60 yards to the green, pitched a smooth wedge to 8 feet and sunk the heavily sloped putt. 

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

I hit the ball well today. I had to start on 10 (big league on the front... we’re talking like 80 players maybe more...) I shot +1 37 on the back... got lucky on 16 again my second shot decided to stay on the bank... no birdie though. I hit 15 greens and made exactly squat until my last two holes of the day... I missed 10, 17, and 7 and hit all the rest...

On 8 I knock PW to 8 feet and made the putt like I knew what I was doing, I hit a good drive at the 9th okay pitch and made a 20 footer for back to back birdies to close and a 1-under 70. My handicap is actually currently at 1.5 I just haven’t updated it.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Snagged another birdie yesterday, made a long putt on our Par 3, 4th hole.  I'm still searching for my first birdies of the year on our back 9 Par 5's, had a great chance yesterday and just missed one on 14 and 15.  Just not putting well at this time.

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!