IGNORED

2021 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have not birdied any holes in my 5 rounds at my new course, but have par'd 16 of 18.  My swing was out of sync, or should I say felt like I completely lost it, but it's coming around now.  Main struggles on the course was not hitting fairways and greens, the rough is very punishing, and the drastic increase in 3-putts, which I would rarely have at my old courses.  Greens are tough, need to spend more time reading them.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty excited to post today’s birdies. Was on the range and one of the pros stopped in because while he was giving a lesson he noticed something in my setup. Tinkered with my hand position for a few min and as Phil would say I was hittin bombs all day! Honestly best ball striking all season. Birdie at 2 which was a 4 iron par 3 today and my first birdie ever on that hole. Also stuck a 9 iron in there at 13 for birdie. Also my first birdie on that hole ever. Made a kick in 1 foot birdie at 8 but I birdie that hole often.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Well I made nothing today... I had a birdie on 18, however it was my only birdie of the day, 1 birdie, 1 bogey, 1 double, 15 pars.  73... 14/18 GIR. 1 water ball.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Hit a lob wedge to 3-feet on 1, made the putt.   And putted one on from the rough on 16 for birds.  

though, embarrassingly.  On 15 (par 5) hit 3w to green side bunker.  Blasted out to a foot.   (Literally, one foot) missed the putt for birdie.    I could make that putt 20 times in a row with my eyes closed.    

• Funny 1

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

No new birdies today but shot a bogey-free 68, 1 eagle, 1 birdie, and 16 pars.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

28 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

No new birdies today but shot a bogey-free 68, 1 eagle, 1 birdie, and 16 pars.

I would take bogey free any day!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Got a new birdie on #18 today.

Hit my best drive of the day through the end of the fairway into a swale of rough short of the apron leading to the green. Had about 65 yards to the pin, so too a bit off a 9-3 sand wedge. Hit the approach to about 12 feet, and rolled in a left-to-right putt to end the round with a birdie.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Finally birdied the 2nd hole!  It's a 125yd par-3 that should have been my first birdie on the course.  Somehow, it took 25 tries... A couple of the other 'easy' holes are also like that for me.  Oh well.

...can't say anything good about the rest of my round though - doubled three in a row and it wasn't bad luck...

Knocked off #3 today with a Par (doing Par Challenge).  Overall decent round but only the one par.  Should have pared the #4 Par 5 hole but I flippin 3-putted.  At least it was from @ 55' so not like I was close to begin with.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

1 minute ago, mcanadiens said:

I thought I had a birdie for a moment last week. Then I realized I just hit a really crappy drive.

Then you realized your Habs have a mountain to climb to get to the Finals.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

4 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

Then you realized your Habs have a mountain to climb to get to the Finals.

No. I knew that already. Overachieved to get to this point, but still hoping they can make em sweat before it is over.

On 6/3/2021 at 7:29 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

I had a great time playing in the rain last night. Let's just say it had been a bit of frustrating couple of days and last night was a great release. I remember now why I play golf. 

Anyway, I made zero birdies (although I played well). The driver swing changes are starting to take. ... sort of ... kind of ...

I also FINALLY made a par on number 11. So I no longer have any red or orange numbers on my TST Birdie Challenge Sheet. 

Played 18 yesterday. I shot a 92. No birdies on the card. I played at Deer Ridge with the TST gang on Sunday. No birdies there either. 

I haven't made a single birdie in my last 4 rounds. Yet, I'd swear the swing changes I've been working on are starting to improve my swing. I keep heading out there with tons of optimism only to play terribly. My handicap is on the rise, but I maintain my optimism. I have golf league tonight. It's got to come together some time.... right? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

21 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Played 18 yesterday. I shot a 92. No birdies on the card. I played at Deer Ridge with the TST gang on Sunday. No birdies there either. 

I haven't made a single birdie in my last 4 rounds. Yet, I'd swear the swing changes I've been working on are starting to improve my swing. I keep heading out there with tons of optimism only to play terribly. My handicap is on the rise, but I maintain my optimism. I have golf league tonight. It's got to come together some time.... right? 

OMG! I MADE A BIRDIE LAST NIGHT DURING LEAGUE! 

Wow, it felt like a long time between birdies. We played the back. I birdied 18. I already had it, so I can't add it to the list. It was really good feeling to get off the schneid. 

So in 9 holes, I made 1 birdie, 4 pars and 4 "others". One of the "others" was a 10 on a par 5 without taking a penalty or losing a ball... 🤪 It's the damnedest thing, I seem to play each hole either really well, or like a blind orangutan performing brain surgery with a crowbar. 🦧

My scores aren't showing it yet, but I actually feel like I'm close.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

I knocked off birdies on 1, 4, 7, 10, and 16 in my composite, and somehow three of those five counted, I think! It may have even been four. Either way I'm at 13 on my composite course(s) now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Played my first round away from my home course yesterday and snuck into two birdies on holes 4 (par-3) and 10 (par-4). 🙂  Started composite stats now. 

Yesterday I got one of the tough ones, Hole 4 at Stoneleigh.  Uphill par-3 playing about 180, real good 5-iron that ended up maybe 4 feet away.  Still 6 more to get.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I lipped out an eagle putt on the #2 hc hole, but tapped in the remaining 1 footer for birdie. It was on hole #5 which was vacant of a birdie on the excel sheet. My driver was working well for me today. - 8 at this point. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Note: This thread is 824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!