IGNORED

2021 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 hours ago, Sammydreep said:

What’s going on!

After being the only hole I didn’t birdie last year, I’ve birdied number 1 two days in a row 😎

Karma!

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had my best ball striking round in a long time from the back tees today with a smooth 76 and added birdies to #4 and my most birdied hole last year #12. I missed 2 birdie chances from inside 6 and 8 feet and I had lots of looks today hitting 2/3s of the greens. The wind was blowing a solid 15 and I played the TP5x which held its line pretty well. Good start to the birdie challenge with 3 rounds and 4 down. 

Edited by TourSpoon
clarification
  • Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I'm in!

Three rounds this year, and I've managed three birdies so far, one on 17 which might not happen again all year.

I expect that 6, 13, and 18 will be the most difficult to get for me.

• 6 is a 420yd par 4, a small stream cuts across the fairway about 140 out from the green,
  • 13 is a 200yd par 3, with a wide but shallow green that I rarely hit
  • 18 is a 400yd par 4 that should be easier than it is - visually, water and trees pinch in before the green, but I'm often 160-170 out, so it shouldn't be that difficult

...also been away from TST for a few years, so this seems a good way to get back in!

I got my first bird of the year yesterday! In the middle of a struggling round, I made a twisty little eight-footer on the par-3 tenth hole for a deuce.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I added #3 and the dubious #6 (a sandy in the can) for a total 6 birdies in 4 rounds. So now I have 3, 4, 6, 7, 12, 13. The only hole to hide from parksy is #2 which is my bogey hole. Two is not that difficult, it's a par 4 390 with OB left and trees right. I seem to flirt left a little too much lately. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Got my 4th birdie this afternoon on the 3rd hole.

Had a tailwind on a short par 4. Drove it 10 yards short of the green. Knocked it close. Sank the putt. 🙂

Edited by Roblar

On 1/15/2021 at 1:57 AM, boogielicious said:
On 1/14/2021 at 4:06 PM, Sammydreep said:

What’s going on!

After being the only hole I didn’t birdie last year, I’ve birdied number 1 two days in a row 😎

Karma!

And again today!

Also ticked off stroke holes 3 & 6 , had a couple of reasonable eagle chances.

Course is running a lot, very dry as is common for the time of year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, I signed up for this again. Last year I literally only played 2 rounds on "my home course". I am bound and freaking determined to play more golf this year!

F.U. CORONA VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I'm in again this year as "Par Challenge".  Last year I pared 12 of 18 on home course and 0 birdies.  I look to fair better this year.  Do not expect a round at home course until April so I'll be dormant her in Michigan for a little while.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Two new birdies today, on holes that I am usually scrambling for par or bogey, so nice to check these off early in the year.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Today was a big birdie day with 3 (5, 13, 17) in the first round shooting 78 and then in the PM, I birdied another 3 (6, 10, 11) in a skins game. I finally got the last par with the illusive #2. To sum it up on the home course, in 6 rounds I have 11 birdies and 7 pars. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

disastrous round today - three-way miss (left, right, and ...fat) and no confidence.  But I birdied 12!  ...and it was this challenge that kept my head in the game for the final three holes... (So, thanks to @Iacas for the challenge!)

• 2 weeks later...

First “home course” birdie of 2021 today! The hole I birdied was the par-5 ninth (only 443 whites). I needed to get up-and-down from in front of the green, which is no easy task on that hole, especially with the pin in front where it was today. I’m hoping for another crack at getting some birdies tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Two more rounds in the books and nothing last week. Today brought a kick-in on 12 and a 2 footer on 17. Too bad I already had those done for the challenge! 

Note: This thread is 851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!