IGNORED

Summer Golf Hat

Note: This thread is 919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would prefer no hat but given my balding scalp does not like getting burned I wear a standard ballcap but apply sunscreen liberally, especially the tips of the years, nose and back of neck.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, StuM said:

but given my balding scalp does not like getting burned I wear a standard ballcap

I’m glad I don’t have that problem. 

...who ami kidding. 😒

• Funny 1

- Shane

11 hours ago, Billy Z said:

That's a neat looking hat, but a couple things come to mind. First, that Nike logo looks super-imposed, maybe it isn't. Two, sure, that will keep the sun out of your eyes, but what about the sensitive parts of your face like ears, cheeks, neck, etc? Often times skin cancer is not really a consideration until someone gets it. It's sort of like the idea that "it will never happen to me".

I have this hat. It is good for most weather, but agree if you want full coverage then a full brim hat is a must.

10 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Brooks makes anything look boring.

It’s the perfect hat for a Parrothead like me!

604E1FA8-991B-4B16-889A-8E2661A9BD10.jpeg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 2/14/2021 at 2:49 PM, Billy Z said:

I don't see him as looking ridiculous, but I suppose many do. The word 'vanity' comes to mind.

+1. I get laughed a lot by my leatherneck buddies for wearing needle tops like these. Some of them who see dermatologists routinely to get 'spots' removed. I am bald and ugly anyway so wearing one of these is no 'skin off my back'. Pun intended. I wear sun block too.

PXL_20210321_123845845.jpg

This white bucket one of new favorites..

PXL_20210321_124554261.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, John2021 said:

Tilley type by Stetson, 1" mesh strip around brim

not sure which hat you mean, could you include a link?

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

not sure which hat you mean, could you include a link?

You could Google "Tilley Stetson" and you'll see what he's talking about.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 2/14/2021 at 1:43 PM, Billy Z said:

This is what I used this last summer, and it does a nice job blocking the sun, but I still get burnt a bit, and also the sun's heat takes it's comfort toll as well. A large brim hat helps keep you cool and the sun out of your eyes. The combo of sun block and large brim hat work the best. What I find amazing is that more PGA golfers don't wear large brimmed hats, maybe because they are younger and feel invincible? Nothing like skin cancer to quickly change one's mind. 

SunBlock.jpg

Get a higher spf. Put it on when you get to the course. Rub it in and clean your hands off with your towel. Re-apply at the turn. Works for me. 

Also, FYI, they make a “roll on” sunblock that is in a container like deodorant. This is useful for neck and face. You could try that and spray & rub for arms and legs. 

I like the bucket style. I just bought the $20 one from Walmart. Now if I can find a Srixon or Cleveland bucket hat. I'll have to settle for the Amana one at the Consignment shop for a buck.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

On 5/29/2021 at 10:05 PM, iacas said:

You could Google "Tilley Stetson" and you'll see what he's talking about.

I tried and still not sure, no biggie. 

On another note, I started this thread on January 3rd, in the middle of winter, and before you know it here we are in sun protection time of the year. My legs and arms seem to get the worst of it, but the most sensitive parts are the facial features and neck area. I purchased some 50 SPF sunblock and am going to get serious at keeping the Sun from burning parts of me. Going to look at some arm protectors and order some very soon.

17 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I tried and still not sure, no biggie. 

On another note, I started this thread on January 3rd, in the middle of winter, and before you know it here we are in sun protection time of the year. My legs and arms seem to get the worst of it, but the most sensitive parts are the facial features and neck area. I purchased some 50 SPF sunblock and am going to get serious at keeping the Sun from burning parts of me. Going to look at some arm protectors and order some very soon.

Inspired by life out of doors. Our iconic Tilley hats include bucket hats, hats for men, hats for women, sun hats, wide brim hats, toque style hats, plus clothing like travel clothes for women and men and outerwear all...
logo.png?height=628&pad_color=f1eeea&v=1

An American heritage brand since 1865. Shop timeless hats, boots, apparel and more.

Tilley is a company that makes very nice brimmed hats. So is Stetson. I have a LTM6 Airflo Hat from Tilley.  It is nice for very hot, bright sun days.

Scott

My Swing Thread

LTM6 Airflo Hat from Tilley = nice looking hat. A bit pricey, but worth it from what I heard. My go to in the hot sun will be this one I purchased last year:
https://www.villagehatshop.com/product/sun-protection/451139-420752/henschel-breezer-ultralite-aussie-fedora-hat.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**LP - Shop - Outdoor Hats&utm_term=4583108067387412&utm_content=451139-423722 | Henschel Aussie Breezer Ultralite Hat%3A SIZE%3A S Khaki | %2438

It is a very light, breathable wide brimmed hat.

17 hours ago, Billy Z said:

LTM6 Airflo Hat from Tilley = nice looking hat. A bit pricey, but worth it from what I heard. My go to in the hot sun will be this one I purchased last year:
https://www.villagehatshop.com/product/sun-protection/451139-420752/henschel-breezer-ultralite-aussie-fedora-hat.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**LP - Shop - Outdoor Hats&utm_term=4583108067387412&utm_content=451139-423722 | Henschel Aussie Breezer Ultralite Hat%3A SIZE%3A S Khaki | %2438

It is a very light, breathable wide brimmed hat.

The Tilley hats are guaranteed for life though. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

The Tilley hats are guaranteed for life though. 

At my age that doesn’t mean as much as it used to…. 😁

• Funny 1

• 2 months later...

I wear a boonie hat that my daughter and grandkids bought me. It keeps my shaved head and ears well covered. I also have a profound hearing problem and it keeps my hearing instruments covered if I get caught in a downpour, like I did yesterday.

I wear a couple of big brimmed Nike golf bucket hats from circa 2014-15. I’ve got a white one and a black/grey one. I put a couple of push button “locks” on each hat’s strap to secure the hat on my head in windy conditions as well. The hats also did well at Disney World last week in the scorching heat and even at the pool. 

Note: This thread is 919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!