IGNORED

2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills

iacas

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Sandy Lie said:

Side note on Player and Sorenstam being presented the Presidential Medals of Freedom the day after the chaos.  Couldn’t believe they didn’t cancel.  Shameful day for Golf.

You can respect the office without respecting the guy in the office.

Would you voluntarily turn down a Presidential Medal of Freedom? Meh. You can say yes here because you’re not being awarded one.

The PGA chose to go there, though, so it’s a different thing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

You can respect the office without respecting the guy in the office.

Would you voluntarily turn down a Presidential Medal of Freedom? Meh. You can say yes here because you’re not being awarded one.

The PGA chose to go there, though, so it’s a different thing.

Yes I respect the Office have my whole life until the actions of this guy. Yes I voted for him but did no expect him to be or become a narcissist.

From that SOB I would turn it down. I think whomever got one from Trump should give it back.

PGA hasn’t learned anything over the years about doing the right thing when they need to.  In fact Sports in general only wait until it hurts their bottom line.

• Administrator

Again let’s avoid the political here.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Once you go down that road of "boycotting" or moving tournaments away because a few people don't like the venue, the people running the tournament, or its political leaders, we might never see golf played again. Remember Augusta with its no women policy? They held the tournament anyway and the players played. I don't remember them moving it elsewhere. Just play golf !

3 minutes ago, ken on the course said:

Once you go down that road of "boycotting" or moving tournaments away because a few people don't like the venue, the people running the tournament, or its political leaders, we might never see golf played again. Remember Augusta with its no women policy? They held the tournament anyway and the players played. I don't remember them moving it elsewhere. Just play golf !

I think this is a different issue than people not liking the venue or who runs the tournament. When Augusta did have that policy there were protests by womens groups which eventually helped force them to change the policy. Imagine all the change that never would have happened if everybody just continued to do the same thing thats always been done. 

• Like 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, mclaren4life said:

I think this is a different issue than people not liking the venue or who runs the tournament. When Augusta did have that policy there were protests by womens groups which eventually helped force them to change the policy. Imagine all the change that never would have happened if everybody just continued to do the same thing thats always been done. 

You don’t know that the protests worked, though. It was years before they admitted women.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

You don’t know that the protests worked, though. It was years before they admitted women.

And you dont know that it didnt. Your point? Changes doesnt happen quickly when it comes to being inclusive or equal. 

• Like 1

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, mclaren4life said:

And you dont know that it didnt. Your point? Changes doesnt happen quickly when it comes to being inclusive or equal. 

You said “which helped force them to change…”

You don’t know that.

I didn’t argue that it didn’t.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

You said “which helped force them to change…”

You don’t know that.

I didn’t argue that it didn’t.

Yes and I stand by that. Those protests brought more eyes to the issue. More eyes eventually equaled some kind of monetary loss. Thats usually how change happens for the most part. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, mclaren4life said:

Yes and I stand by that.

That’s dumb. You have no idea, but you’re standing by it.

It may have even delayed ANGC adding female members so they weren’t seen as capitulating. You don’t know.

Anyway, back to the topic now. It isn’t ANGC.

Gotta draw a line. Gotta take a stance. No way I will watch. I suspect there are players who will sit out which would be courageous. I hope PGA has or finds the balls to do the right thing. I hope the sponsorship strong arms them if they don't. 

I completely get the irony in this as exclusion has been HIS calling card. 

Vishal S.

10 hours ago, mclaren4life said:

Yes and I stand by that. Those protests brought more eyes to the issue. More eyes eventually equaled some kind of monetary loss. Thats usually how change happens for the most part. 

I agree to an extent with what @iacas said, Augusta National is small enough and rich enough that they might have delayed inviting a woman member specifically to avoid the impression of caving to pressure.  I don't believe that the PGA of America is in a position to be nearly as independent, so seems to me to be more susceptible to a pressure campaign.

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

19 hours ago, ken on the course said:

They did say they would not play at certain venues based on certain membership policies. Shoal Creek was called out for not having/allowing African-American members. Some courses complied with the Tour's policies concerning women and minorities, and some did not. Cypress Point used to be one of the courses in the old Crosby, but they dropped out rather than be told what they had to do. I always found it curious that some of our esteemed lawmakers are members at Burning Tree which is an all mens club.

Personally I see it as an endorsement if it's not moved.   I'd move it.   The controversy would be a distraction to the players.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

27 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:
2MIUYYZLJNCH3FTIJUKIWPYCYE.jpg

The golf major will be moved, according to a report.

It's the right call, and I personally find it an easy one. He represents the worst of golf and your country.

• Like 1