IGNORED

Is There Such a Thing as Too Much Golf?

woodzie264
Note: This thread is 1154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is There Such A Thing As Too Much Golf?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. If physical aches/pains/problems were non-issues, and money and time were no object, how often would you play?

• Once a week?
    • Twice a week?
    • 3-4 times weekly?
    • Daily?

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I'm playing today in a swamp because it's the last day before nine straight days of frozen tundra, with the courses closed.

I get some of my longest drives on frozen fairways. I carry a steel awl so that I can punch a hole in the frozen tee box for my tee peg.

6 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You've seen my photo from North Bell in the tundra?

13935267929811.jpg

OK. That's a day I stay home and watch TV golf...

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

That is insane. Do you have a picture of a fairway?

I have a picture somewhere but can't find it right now. The remainder of the course was about 90% free of snow. There was a local rule for that day if your ball ended up in a snowdrift you got a free lift and drop.

Wow! That is incredible. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I play just about every day in the summer. If it were up to me I would play everyday. I might take a day off here and there, but only playing 3 or 4 times a week when I could play as much as I want seems like a wasted opportunity. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 hours ago, NM Golf said:

I play just about every day in the summer. If it were up to me I would play everyday. I might take a day off here and there, but only playing 3 or 4 times a week when I could play as much as I want seems like a wasted opportunity. 

Greek poet Hesiod (c.700 bc), ‘observe due measure; moderation is best in all things’, and of the Roman comic dramatist Plautus (c. 250–184 bc), ‘moderation in all things is the best policy.’   😷

Speaking of moderation, I was asked to "man" a golf simulator in a shopping mall one day a couple years ago.  Very few came in, so it was mostly me playing it for 8 hours.

I could not move for two days afterwards.

Edited by Ole Duffer

Man of the Year in Michigan 

54 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:

so it was mostly me playing it for 8 hours.

I could not move for two days afterwards.

WOW.   Two hours on a simulator is all I want.   I can play 36 and practice for about 1/2 hour.   That's a lot of shots.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

One fellow I used to know had a pretty sweet setup where his business more-or-less operated itself. He and this buddy of his were at Kittyhawk basically every day. They would routinely play a full 18, then they'd get lunch, then bounce around playing random holes (which you really weren't supposed to do) and then top it off with league in the evening. Only sub-forty-degree or rainy weather ever stopped those guys.

Much as I like the game, I couldn't imagine wanting to play that much golf. 

20 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

WOW.   Two hours on a simulator is all I want.   I can play 36 and practice for about 1/2 hour.   That's a lot of shots.

Ditto.

It's been a while since I've played on a simulator. But I agree with you. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Well, there wasn't today. Played 18 with my buddy, who I've known for 45 years. Shot a stupid 77, with a 4 putt on the 18th green.

Came off the course, and a group that plays Friday mornings at 11 AM yelled over asking if I wanted to play another 18. They were short a guy. This would be the first time I played 36 holes in years. Ok, we're in carts, the last 36 holers I played were walking, carrying my bag. I accepted.

Ended up shooting 75.

So, no there is not too much golf. I was ready to go another 18.

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

3 minutes ago, Rkrider99 said:

Shot a stupid 77, with a 4 putt on the 18th 

There are no stupid 77’s in my book! ☺️

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

10 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

There are no stupid 77’s in my book! ☺️

I guess I should have rephrased that as a stupid 4 putt on the 18th green for a good 77. 😃

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

On 1/7/2021 at 7:25 PM, woodzie264 said:

If there were no external limiting factors, how much golf would you play per week? 

The thing is, there is always external limiting factors, just ask a married individual with kids. Wouldn't it be something to not have any interference from any source and play everyday? Even then, as I chose 3-4 times per week, I would not golf every day. I love playing golf, but for me, there are other things much more important.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

7 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

The thing is, there is always external limiting factors, just ask a married individual with kids. Wouldn't it be something to not have any interference from any source and play everyday? Even then, as I chose 3-4 times per week, I would not golf every day. I love playing golf, but for me, there are other things much more important.

I am married with two kids...that was why I prefaced it with that clause; if I didn’t, people would only play what they are able to play, not necessarily as a much as they wanted to play. The point of the thread is to see how much people would want to play if not limited by outside factors. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

13 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I am married with two kids...that was why I prefaced it with that clause; if I didn’t, people would only play what they are able to play, not necessarily as a much as they wanted to play. The point of the thread is to see how much people would want to play if not limited by outside factors. 

A quote from my post: "as I chose 3-4 times per week"

34 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

The thing is, there is always external limiting factors, just ask a married individual with kids.

@Billy Z, I read what you wrote, I was responding to your first statement. I didn’t want you to think I was ignorant of the fact people are are innately busy, and that I prefaced my original question with that in mind. Like you said, I couldn’t play everyday as there other more important things and responded 3-4/week as well :-)

-Jonny

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

@Billy Z, I read what you wrote, I was responding to your first statement. I didn’t want you to think I was ignorant of the fact people are are innately busy, and that I prefaced my original question with that in mind. Like you said, I couldn’t play everyday as there other more important things and responded 3-4/week as well :-)

Good point, thank you. Sorry if I said it wrongly.;-)

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!