IGNORED

My Wife Bought Me an Edel Sand and Lob Wedge for Christmas!

MattM
Note: This thread is 1184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 hours ago, MattM said:

About the only negative so far is that I'm kind of hesitant to practice with them for fear of the milling being prematurely worn off and losing the ability to add so much spin.  

I wouldn’t worry about this. I’ve had one set, 50, 54, 58 for several years with lots of practice and the milling is still fine. I bought these used too. These are 304 stainless steel and are pretty hard from a durometer standpoint. Chrome plated steel ranges between 66 - 70 Rockwell and 304 Stainless is 79, I looked at several sources. So 304 is more scratch and wear resistant.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, MattM said:

About the only negative so far is that I'm kind of hesitant to practice with them for fear of the milling being prematurely worn off and losing the ability to add so much spin.  

Firstly, Great job from the Spousial Unit.

Secondly, Unless you are hitting them in the sand a lot. You probably won't degrade the grooves while practicing. I had a golf coach tell me one time that chips, and bumps and runs, and even pitch shots do very little to dull the grooves in your wedge. It's the bits of grit and more importantly the sand that can "sand down" your grooves over time. So, keep 'em clean and practice away.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Is your wife single?

😉

Or have a single sister?!  

• Funny 3

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Hahaha!  You guys are funny!!!  Christmas is a funny thing...I got two wedges and she got a Dyson and an irobot.  She was pretty happy with her Christmas too...

I suspect I'll be using the Dyson a lot more though...so I guess it was more for me as well...lol!!

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Hahaha!  You guys are funny!!!  Christmas is a funny thing...I got two wedges and she got a Dyson and an irobot.  She was pretty happy with her Christmas too...

I suspect I'll be using the Dyson a lot more though...so I guess it was more for me as well...lol!!

I bought my wife a home appliance for Christmas ....  only once!   As it turns out, it became my responsibility.  She taught me about Christmas presents.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

One thing I'll really be keen to see is if I still will get that same type of aggressive check when it gets warm and on dry greens.

I will say that the greens Sunday weren't acting super soggy (they had rolled them) and there was still a layer frozen about a half inch to an inch below the green's surface. That will really tell me if I'm going to see major improvements..  

If they really are that much better then, when coupled with my much improved putting, my short game should really be a strength for me this year! 

Note: This thread is 1184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!