Jump to content
IGNORED

New Member from Clovis, CA


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, my name is Mike and i started playing the game 24 years ago at the age of 41.

It's the most satisfying sport that I enjoy. Meeting new people has been the best part of the game for me.

I am currently the area field superintendent for my company. We are in the finish end of home construction and I watch over the installations (flooring and quarts/granite countertops) and finalize the QC end of our work in the valley. My background for the last 40+ years has been Architectural Showcasing/Millwork. 

I am just coming back into the game after a 5 year layoff and am really enjoying the sport even more now that I have taken the time to understand the equipment this time from reshafting to restoring numerous clubs I have accumulated over the past 5 years.

Happy to part of this community.

regards

Mike

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • iacas changed the title to New Member from Clovis, CA

Welcome to TST! Glad you’re here. Do you have some pics of your club work? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

23 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Welcome to TST! Glad you’re here. Do you have some pics of your club work? 

No pictures. I just get satisfaction out of doing my own work and not seeing the heads fly off at the range😁

I am neat and tidy with my work though. Now that you mention it though, I think i'll do a few shots and post here this weekend.

14 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Hi Mike,

Welcome!  I grew up in Fresno.  Moved away many years ago but still visit a couple of times a year.  Where do you like to play?

Hank's, Airways and Riverside. Madera is a lot better now that some of the trees have grown over 4 ft😎

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mikem65d said:

No pictures. I just get satisfaction out of doing my own work and not seeing the heads fly off at the range😁

I am neat and tidy with my work though. Now that you mention it though, I think i'll do a few shots and post here this weekend.

Hank's, Airways and Riverside. Madera is a lot better now that some of the trees have grown over 4 ft😎

Awesome, I grew up on those courses.  Not sure if you remember because even though you are older than me, this was well before you started playing:  I actually learned as a kid when Hanks was just a driving range at the airport right there off Chestnut, between Dakota and Shields.  I also played a lot at Palm Lakes when it still existed.

And I disagree with you about Madera - it was my favorite course throughout the 90's SPECIFICALLY because the trees were sparse and tiny lol!!  As long as I didn't go left, especially on the front, I could score really well from anywhere haha!

I also used to spend a lot of time at Fig Garden because I had a couple of friends on our high school golf team that worked there.

Now, my family that still lives in town have joined Belmont, so whenever I visit (usually Easter and Christmas) that is where I play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/13/2021 at 9:19 AM, Golfingdad said:

Awesome, I grew up on those courses.  Not sure if you remember because even though you are older than me, this was well before you started playing:  I actually learned as a kid when Hanks was just a driving range at the airport right there off Chestnut, between Dakota and Shields.  I also played a lot at Palm Lakes when it still existed.

And I disagree with you about Madera - it was my favorite course throughout the 90's SPECIFICALLY because the trees were sparse and tiny lol!!  As long as I didn't go left, especially on the front, I could score really well from anywhere haha!

I also used to spend a lot of time at Fig Garden because I had a couple of friends on our high school golf team that worked there.

Now, my family that still lives in town have joined Belmont, so whenever I visit (usually Easter and Christmas) that is where I play.

Ha.....I didn't know that about Hank's. Hank's is where a friend took me in '96 to learn how to hit a ball....A day later we played the 9 holes there and I was hopelessly hooked.

Palm Lakes was so cool at that time because hardly anyone was playing there anymore and I could play 2 balls on each hole to practice even more. Too bad it closed.

I've never played at Fig Garden.

Good times ahead 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjan21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Popular Now

  • Posts

    • We plan to release our new design of the Pure Ball Striker in the summer of 2021. Our partners have made modifications to ensure satisfaction in compliance with the fundamental traits of any great golf swing. As many of you know we had a product being produced about 10 years ago but with much devotion and energy we have decided to start producing the Pure Ball Striker again. Please like, comment, and turn notifications on for more updates. The release dates and where to pre-order with be up as soon as possible.
    • Day 22 - Blast putting work between work breaks 
    • I played 9 on Saturday when it was 32 and sunny. Had to use handwarmer packets and keep my hands in my pockets when I wasn’t swinging. Walking helped a little too. The ground was still frozen underneath, but not as bad as when I played at the end of December and had my approach shots bouncing off the green. Shots were actually sticking for the most part. Putting was tough, I’ll blame it on the temperature and not having much feeling in my hands. I’ll take what I can get at this point, it’s been ugly out, but at least there hasn’t been too much snow here this winter.
    • Copper "should" have a very soft feel. I wonder how they plan to keep it as Copper though.
    • Really awesome! Do you get the video of video game version of @coachjimsc swing?
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Aynfan
      Aynfan
      (153 years old)
    2. DDBowdoin
      DDBowdoin
      (36 years old)
    3. drw72
      drw72
      (49 years old)
    4. jest
      jest
      (68 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...