IGNORED

Presidential Medal of Freedom

Sandy Lie
Note: This thread is 1166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Since it is the president who decides who gets the medal. Its tough in this case to justify it is from the office and not Donald Trump. 

There are some people who look like they deserve it. There are some it is clearly a blatant kick back to the person because they were a large donor to Donald Trump.

In this case, I can't blame someone for not accepting it from Donald Trump. I don't think it is clear as you should accept it. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

FWIW, Obama gave out 118 over two terms (59 per term). Trump has given out 24 or 25, depending on whether you count Coach Hoodie.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

"Recently, I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients. Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award. Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation's values, freedom and democracy. I know I also represent my family and the New England Patriots team. One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions. Continuing those efforts while remaining true to the people, team and country I love outweigh the benefits of any individual award."

-Bill Belichick

7 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

"Recently, I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients. Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award. Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation's values, freedom and democracy. I know I also represent my family and the New England Patriots team. One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions. Continuing those efforts while remaining true to the people, team and country I love outweigh the benefits of any individual award."

-Bill Belichick

Bill, we'll give you the TST Medal of Freedom.

Okay, @iacas you can delete this post if it's getting too political. I will not be offended. Unless you wear a white belt at the time you delete it. 🤣

Anyway, to all of you who are saying you would not accept the Presidential Medal of Freedom. I understand your points. I agree with many of them. I truly don't know what I would do if offered the award. Luckily for me, that's not likely to be a problem. 

Now, here's my question. I just got a stimulus check... literally 5 minutes ago it arrived in the mail. Should I refuse to accept it because Donald Trump's name is on it? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Okay, @iacas you can delete this post if it's getting too political. I will not be offended. Unless you wear a white belt at the time you delete it. 🤣

Anyway, to all of you who are saying you would not accept the Presidential Medal of Freedom. I understand your points. I agree with many of them. I truly don't know what I would do if offered the award. Luckily for me, that's not likely to be a problem. 

Now, here's my question. I just got a stimulus check... literally 5 minutes ago it arrived in the mail. Should I refuse to accept it because Donald Trump's name is on it? 

That’s a very different question, and the amount you must now pay has gone up another $250,000.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

That’s a very different question, and the amount you must now pay has gone up another $250,000.

I'd like to say in the spirit of living and letting live I've decided to resign my presidency of the No White Belts for Men Society. I realize that I'm the glue holding the society together. But I've decided to resign and pursue new even more impactful campaigns. I'd like to say I've learned my lesson and I've changed my ways, but really it's just getting too expensive for me. I think I need to find a new crusade. I'm thinking of working to increase the number of people sporting personized photo headcovers. 

22 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'd like to say in the spirit of living and letting live I've decided to resign my presidency of the No White Belts for Men Society. I realize that I'm the glue holding the society together. But I've decided to resign and pursue new even more impactful campaigns. I'd like to say I've learned my lesson and I've changed my ways, but really it's just getting too expensive for me. I think I need to find a new crusade. I'm thinking of working to increase the number of people sporting personized photo headcovers. 

You lost my support at "impactful."  Too bad--I had such high hopes.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

54 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Use a magic marker and black out his name.  The bank won't mind.

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

Use a magic marker and black out his name.  The bank won't mind.

The check isn't coming from the non-rich President, that's just marketing.  The money's, in part, from the Treasury.

50 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Sounds like you're inciting us to insurrection over white belts.

57 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

@iacas 🤣

Why? Is it from his personal account? 

Vishal S.

Interesting.  I had problem trying to post yesterday in any of the threads.  I was thinking I got banned for wearing white belt....

Anyway, it's hard to imagine this topic would not involve some political bias depending on your view.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Sounds like you're inciting us to insurrection over white belts.

Uh... hmm... I went to Chicago Public Schools. Could you please use smaller words. 

17 hours ago, Sandy Lie said:

So Belicheck turns down the Medal.  Should Player and Sorenstam have done the same?  Should Tiger give his back as well?

It's a personal decision.

But like most decisions, there are consequences which usually dictates the decision.

And it usually centers around money.

If it were me, and I honestly felt I deserved it, I'd accept.

5 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Uh... hmm... I went to Chicago Public Schools. Could you please use smaller words. 

Sounds like you're in citing us to in sur rec tion over white belts.

I was going to use smaller text but that looks like it is no longer an option since the new server came on board.  But I can use different colors.

5 minutes ago, NHpro said:

It's a personal decision.

But like most decisions, there are consequences which usually dictates the decision.

And it usually centers around money.

If it were me, and I honestly felt I deserved it, I'd accept.

I really don't know what I'd do. 

• On the one hand, like you said If I really felt I deserved it, I'd want to accept.
  • On the other hand, the situation is so toxic right now. So many emotions running high. 
  • On the other hand, You should never sacrifice your principles.
  • On the other hand, I was always taught to respect the office, no matter who sitting in it.
  • On the other hand, Some people do things that may be unforgivable. Does accepting mean you are forgiving?
  • On the other hand, Perhaps this is an opportunity to discuss and perhaps help the a person who's lost right now find his way.
  • On the other hand, What if your employer feels that they need to be distanced from the situation? Are you risking your relationship with your employer? 
  • On the other hand, How many other opportunities are you going to get to receive such an honor?
  • On the other hand, It is kind of an arbitrary award, which is considered by many to just mean you are this president's buddy.
  • On the other hand, I don't align myself with any political party. So, would this mean I am now publicly aligned with this administration's party?  
  • On the other hand, .... 

I think I need more hands. 

How's that? Have I properly sat on the fence? 

31 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I really don't know what I'd do. 

• On the one hand, like you said If I really felt I deserved it, I'd want to accept.
  • On the other hand, the situation is so toxic right now. So many emotions running high. 
  • On the other hand, You should never sacrifice your principles.
  • On the other hand, I was always taught to respect the office, no matter who sitting in it.
  • On the other hand, Some people do things that may be unforgivable. Does accepting mean you are forgiving?
  • On the other hand, Perhaps this is an opportunity to discuss and perhaps help the a person who's lost right now find his way.
  • On the other hand, What if your employer feels that they need to be distanced from the situation? Are you risking your relationship with your employer? 
  • On the other hand, How many other opportunities are you going to get to receive such an honor?
  • On the other hand, It is kind of an arbitrary award, which is considered by many to just mean you are this president's buddy.
  • On the other hand, I don't align myself with any political party. So, would this mean I am now publicly aligned with this administration's party?  
  • On the other hand, .... 

I think I need more hands. 

How's that? Have I properly sat on the fence? 

How many hands do you have?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 1166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!