Jump to content
IGNORED

2021 Masters


nevets88

Recommended Posts

(edited)
9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Not remotely true.

I am referring to the term "beneath" and its implications, not the notion that a golfer can be successful by bypassing tournaments.

Yeah...but I am sure some arrogant dicks have gone on to be very successful.

Edited by Shorty
Link to comment
Share on other sites


24 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Anyway, I like the naming of the holes.  I am tempted to give names to the holes at my home course, but I don't know if anyone else would adopt them.  I have only decided the name of one such hole, though, and that's the 18th, which is Palmer-to-Patricia (

I used to play Camden Valley in Sydney back in the 90's and one hole was a steep climb from tee to green, it had a number of names which can't be repeated here lol. It was very hilly and challenging course that I was a member of, has good practice areas too and the Pro's would play a round with the members. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Administrator
23 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I am referring to the term "beneath" and its implications, not the notion that a golfer can be successful by bypassing tournaments.

Yeah...but I am sure some arrogant dicks have gone on to be very successful.

No, it's not remotely true that some tournaments aren't "beneath" some golfers.

There are.

Should Lucy Li gain anything by playing in US Kids Golf events against girls shooting 100 from 4400 yards when she was playing in the US Women's Open? Or would those events be "beneath" her a bit?

They would be. She'd gain nothing, and she'd be kinda f***ing with the other girls who were playing in the event.

My daughter has won Hurricane Tour events, and so some local events are mildly "beneath" her ability level. Ditto a few other local really, really good golfers. Their time is better spent either practicing, or not playing in them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Shindig said:

I am tempted to give names to the holes at my home course...

Oh, I have names for holes at my course... but they ain't flowers.

  • Funny 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Oh, I have names for holes at my course... but they ain't flowers.

Skunk Cabbage?

Carrion Flower?

Pitcher Plant?

Prickly Pear?

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Naming golf holes in Michigan could turn ugly.   Can you imagine naming a hole 'Flint' (nasty water)?   I don't have a preference for naming holes on a golf course but I can remember that hole 4 comes after hole 3.  It helps to use numbers when you get older! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Naming golf holes in Michigan could turn ugly.   Can you imagine naming a hole 'Flint' (nasty water)?   I don't have a preference for naming holes on a golf course but I can remember that hole 4 comes after hole 3.  It helps to use numbers when you get older! 

Naming a hole "Buckeye" would never fly in Michigan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

54 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Naming a hole "Buckeye" would never fly in Michigan.

damn right!  buckeye, what the hell!  🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

damn right!  buckeye, what the hell!  🤣

Definition of buckeye

1: any of various shrubs or trees (genus Aesculus) of the horse-chestnut familyalso : the large nutlike seed of such a shrub or tree (basically, just a nut!)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Billy Z said:

Definition of buckeye

1: any of various shrubs or trees (genus Aesculus) of the horse-chestnut familyalso : the large nutlike seed of such a shrub or tree (basically, just a nut!)

So it's related to "buckaroo"...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
2 hours ago, Zippo said:

Skunk Cabbage?

Carrion Flower?

Pitcher Plant?

Prickly Pear?

My names for my league course holes.

  1. Swing Away - Par 4
  2. Trouble left - Par 5
  3. Black hole bog left- Nemesis Par 3
  4. Ski Slope - Long Par 4
  5. Trouble Right - Par 5
  6. Junk Yard Dogleg Right - Par 4
  7. Goat Patrons - Par 3 with actual goats
  8. Almost Reachable - Yeah in my dreams Par 4
  9. Orchard Free Drop - Uphill Par 4
  10. Scottish Moor - Par 4 over a marsh
  11. The Underestimator - Uphill Par 3
  12. Don’t go right - Par 4
  13. Pond would be good for you. - Par 4
  14. Junk Yard Dogleg Left - Par 4
  15. Easy Peasy Parsy Threesy - Short Par 3
  16. Poodle Pond - Par 4 with water left off tee, then right on approach.
  17. Swing Away Part Deux - Downhill Par 4
  18. Cut the corner - Dogleg Par 5
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

My names for my league course holes.

  1. Swing Away - Par 4
  2. Trouble left - Par 5
  3. Black hole bog left- Nemesis Par 3
  4. Ski Slope - Long Par 4
  5. Trouble Right - Par 5
  6. Junk Yard Dogleg Right - Par 4
  7. Goat Patrons - Par 3 with actual goats
  8. Almost Reachable - Yeah in my dreams Par 4
  9. Orchard Free Drop - Uphill Par 4
  10. Scottish Moor - Par 4 over a marsh
  11. The Underestimator - Uphill Par 3
  12. Don’t go right - Par 4
  13. Pond would be good for you. - Par 4
  14. Junk Yard Dogleg Left - Par 4
  15. Easy Peasy Parsy Threesy - Short Par 3
  16. Poodle Pond - Par 4 with water left off tee, then right on approach.
  17. Swing Away Part Deux - Downhill Par 4
  18. Cut the corner - Dogleg Par 5

All with signage, yes?  😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

All with signage, yes?  😄

No. they have actual names, but mine are better. I don’t mind the names at Augusta. We never refer to them by those names as viewers though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

No. they have actual names, but mine are better. I don’t mind the names at Augusta. We never refer to them by those names as viewers though.

The actual names are probably pretty bland... I'll go with yours.  Now, you need to rename the Augusta National holes.  I'll start... #12 = "Splash! Oh Fu*k!".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
28 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The actual names are probably pretty bland... I'll go with yours.  Now, you need to rename the Augusta National holes.  I'll start... #12 = "Splash! Oh Fu*k!".

Or, The Poseidon Adventure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anybody going out on a limb and choosing a winner?

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/2021-masters-odds-picks-jordan-spieth-rory-mcilroy-predictions-from-proven-model-that-nailed-reeds-win/

2021 Masters odds

Dustin Johnson 9-1
Jordan Spieth 10-1
Justin Thomas 10-1
Bryson DeChambeau 11-1
Jon Rahm 12-1
Rory McIlroy 14-1
Xander Schauffele 22-1
Patrick Cantlay 22-1
Brooks Koepka 25-1
Patrick Reed 28-1
Collin Morikawa 30-1
Lee Westwood 30-1
Tony Finau 33-1
Daniel Berger 33-1
Viktor Hovland 33-1
Webb Simpson 35-1
Hideki Matsuyama 35-1
Cameron Smith 35-1
Sung-Jae Im 35-1
Scottie Scheffler 35-1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...