IGNORED

2021 Masters

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Okay...this guy is due. Paul Casey -10.

• Like 1

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Justin Thomas, -15

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Hey, those are real birds I hear in the background!

12th hole

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'll take Jon Rahm, riding the high of just having a new baby. I'll say -11. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

My pick was I went - eeny meeny miny moe, lol.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Jordan Spieth -15

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Louis Oosthuizen -12. Few knocks on the door. Has always lurked. Has game and my fav swing on tour. 

Vishal S.

On 4/5/2021 at 1:21 PM, iacas said:

Yes, many do. It's only a few days in a year and you get a chance to go to Augusta National.

Not all, of course, but many of the "all" are international people. DCP is mostly U.S.-based (with some parts of Canada coming in to compete, though maybe not so much last year).

Has your daughter or any of your students entered the competition?

Since it started in 2013 I would think that some of the past participants that made it to Augusta would have been of college age by now.

On 4/5/2021 at 6:36 PM, Shorty said:

I am referring to the term "beneath" and its implications, not the notion that a golfer can be successful by bypassing tournaments.

Yeah...but I am sure some arrogant dicks have gone on to be very successful.

I look at some of the older participants that made it to Augusta and it just seems that they don't seem to have exceptional talents. I know that there are 14 to 15 year olds that participate at a high level in the game and would probably mop the floor with the DC&P crowd. I was just wondering what the deal was.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

My pick was I went - eeny meeny miny moe, lol.

I based mine on astrological influences, palmistry and phrenology, plus a bit of channeling. And, contrary to what you might suspect, alcohol played only a minor part.

• Funny 2

Bryson D at -13

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'll take Jon Rahm, riding the high of just having a new baby. I'll say -11. 

Riding high? He now has the pressure to support her in a certain lifestyle... jet-setting wife and daughter

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Carl3 said:

Has your daughter or any of your students entered the competition?

Yes, my daughter finished third at Baltusrol and we have taught more than a few who won or competed at Augusta National.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, Carl3 said:

I look at some of the older participants that made it to Augusta and it just seems that they don't seem to have exceptional talents. I know that there are 14 to 15 year olds that participate at a high level in the game and would probably mop the floor with the DC&P crowd. I was just wondering what the deal was.

I don't think DC&P is where you look to see stars of the future. It's a #growthegame initiative.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Dustin Johnson -17

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

On 4/6/2021 at 1:13 PM, iacas said:

I'll give a free TST towel to the first person who names the winner (full name, not just last name) and the correct winning score in relation to par.

Only one entry per person, and your first entry is the only one that counts. Entries must be posted before 7am eastern time on Thursday.

This is a Players Towel, so they're quite nice.

Xander Schauffele, -11

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 1100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!