IGNORED

2021 Masters

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

38 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

But I got the usual as above as well as the ever familiar and undying claims that a new golfer is gonna win multiple majors because he’s having a moment at The Masters ( Zalatoris).

I think if you glued Zalatoris and the tour rookie Charles Howell III together you'd barely get a 200 lb. man.

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

David Duval seems to think he could walk along the practice area and fix every golfer’s swing. Lol....poor bastards.

I just figured out how he could resurrect his playing career, but it requires a lot of people to cooperate.  If he does this at the next UKBO, and everyone listens to his suggested swing changes, he could win a second major, which he could follow up with additional wins at the other majors he's then invited to because of this, leading to a huge next swing of his career. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The My Group feature on the site is pretty cool. It suggests choosing 6 players and then it cues up the video as it become available. There is a little delay as each shot is cued, but it basically works. If there are no shots available among your choices, it'll pick someone.

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 1.29.33 PM.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Collin Morikawa putting is atrocious. He has missed 4 putts within 4 feet just in the front 9 of the third round. He also missed 2 putts within 6 to 7 feet.

Irons: 0.5 inch short and 2* Flat Mavrik 5 to AW (AW-105, PW-120, 9-135, 8-145) The lofts for these clubs are about 3* to 5* stronger  than standard.

Wedges: Mizuno MP-R series 52* and 56*. (80, 60)

Nickent: 4DX 2 hybrid 17* and 4 hybrid 23* (185 and 170 carry)

3 Wood: Tour Edge XGC 13* (195 carry)

Driver: Callaway FT IZ Driver 9* (210 carry, ~230 total)

This is how the selections have been picked for The Masters winner. I do see a slight problem in that two people picked JS at -14 . From what @iacas mentioned, if I am not mistaken, there can only be one selection for a particular golfer with reference to their final score? I noticed Darkfrog selected JS first at -14. Check out all the selections below:

Colins69                Tony Finau -11

phillyk                    Patrick Canlay -11
ncates00               Patrick Cantlay -13

nevets88               Rory McIlroy -12
pganapathy            Rory McIlroy -17

Darkfrog               Jordan Spieth -14
onthehunt526       Jordan Spieth -14

woodzie264          Dustin Johnson -14
RickK                     Dustin Johnson -17
iSank                      Dustin Johnson -18

DewSweeper09    Justin Thomas -9
Birdieputt              Justin Thomas -13
Billy Z                    Justin Thomas -14

Zippo                     Bryson DeChambeau -11
Hardspoon            Bryson DeChambeau -15

False hopes          Lee Westwood -11

Yukari                    Collin Morikawa -14

Bucki1968             Paul Casey -10

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Check out Laird’s third shot on 18.

Quite impressive.

• Funny 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

This is how the selections have been picked for The Masters winner. I do see a slight problem in that two people picked JS at -14 . From what @iacas mentioned, if I am not mistaken, there can only be one selection for a particular golfer with reference to their final score? I noticed Darkfrog selected JS first at -14. Check out all the selections below:

Colins69                Tony Finau -11

phillyk                    Patrick Canlay -11
ncates00               Patrick Cantlay -13

nevets88               Rory McIlroy -12
pganapathy            Rory McIlroy -17

Darkfrog               Jordan Spieth -14
onthehunt526       Jordan Spieth -14

woodzie264          Dustin Johnson -14
RickK                     Dustin Johnson -17
iSank                      Dustin Johnson -18

DewSweeper09    Justin Thomas -9
Birdieputt              Justin Thomas -13
Billy Z                    Justin Thomas -14

Zippo                     Bryson DeChambeau -11
Hardspoon            Bryson DeChambeau -15

False hopes          Lee Westwood -11

Yukari                    Collin Morikawa -14

Bucki1968             Paul Casey -10

Looks like @onthehunt526 and I made the same pick (true I was first though), but Jordan needs to go on a run if he's going to get to -14 and win.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

2 hours ago, khalespace said:

Collin Morikawa putting is atrocious. He has missed 4 putts within 4 feet just in the front 9 of the third round. He also missed 2 putts within 6 to 7 feet.

My fault, he came to me for a putting lesson and I taught him everything I know.

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

Didn't I pick Xander?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

My set top box died on me, my OTA antenna only works for the small tv, found out I could stream the broadcast on my phone and Airplay it to the big tv. Had no idea I could do that. Thought I was going to do a trial period of YouTube Live or something. The picture is probably better quality than the set top box (FIOS).

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

6 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I think if you glued Zalatoris and the tour rookie Charles Howell III together you'd barely get a 200 lb. man.

If it was really windy, they’d half to put a weight belt on Zalatoris to keep him from blowing away!

• Funny 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

If it was really windy, they’d half to put a weight belt on Zalatoris to keep him from blowing away!

He can sure pound the ball, though.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Xander with an eagle to take a share of the lead! 😄 

And Rose with a birdie to reclaim the lead right after.

And Matsuyama with an eagle to take it over both of them.  Xander right back to two back seconds after an eagle to take a share of the lead. 

Jim Nantz tells me the sequence I described above was all of 90 seconds. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

32 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

A white one...😉

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

After Hideki's second shot on #18, I really wish I had his composure.  Obviously he is better than I am at all aspects of golf, but after hitting out of a bunker and well past the green, the look on his face said "finally, I have an interesting third shot on one of these holes.  It's been a while."  Of course he'd rather have a short putt (or have sunk his second), but that's far better than how a lot of players react, especially those of us who aren't likely to ever compete at Augusta. 

Justin Rose just had a great reaction to a par save on #14 too.  Like something out of a video game.

And what a great chip by Matsuyama at 18. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

8 minutes ago, Shindig said:

After Hideki's second shot on #18, I really wish I had his composure.  Obviously he is better than I am at all aspects of golf, but after hitting out of a bunker and well past the green, the look on his face said "finally, I have an interesting third shot on one of these holes.  It's been a while."  Of course he'd rather have a short putt (or have sunk his second), but that's far better than how a lot of players react, especially those of us who aren't likely to ever compete at Augusta. 

Justin Rose just had a great reaction to a par save on #14 too.  Like something out of a video game.

And what a great chip by Matsuyama at 18. 

Just not a fan of HM. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Just not a fan of HM. 

I feel like I knew a lot more about him at one point but I can't remember offhand.  I don't remember having a dislike of him though. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Zalatoris isn’t cursing and slamming his club into the ground when he misses a shot. He’ll never make it on the tour.

• Funny 1

Note: This thread is 1079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!