Jump to content
IGNORED

2021 Masters


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

But I got the usual as above as well as the ever familiar and undying claims that a new golfer is gonna win multiple majors because he’s having a moment at The Masters ( Zalatoris).

I think if you glued Zalatoris and the tour rookie Charles Howell III together you'd barely get a 200 lb. man.

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll give a free TST towel to the first person who names the winner (full name, not just last name) and the correct winning score in relation to par. Only one entry per person, and your first ent

The most important part of the Masters Tournament has just been decided.  I'm there for the lobster & corn fritters, miso-marinated sea bass and the peach cobbler.

Liver, fava beans and a nice chianti.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

David Duval seems to think he could walk along the practice area and fix every golfer’s swing. Lol....poor bastards.

I just figured out how he could resurrect his playing career, but it requires a lot of people to cooperate.  If he does this at the next UKBO, and everyone listens to his suggested swing changes, he could win a second major, which he could follow up with additional wins at the other majors he's then invited to because of this, leading to a huge next swing of his career. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

The My Group feature on the site is pretty cool. It suggests choosing 6 players and then it cues up the video as it become available. There is a little delay as each shot is cued, but it basically works. If there are no shots available among your choices, it'll pick someone.

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 1.29.33 PM.png

  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Collin Morikawa putting is atrocious. He has missed 4 putts within 4 feet just in the front 9 of the third round. He also missed 2 putts within 6 to 7 feet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how the selections have been picked for The Masters winner. I do see a slight problem in that two people picked JS at -14 . From what @iacas mentioned, if I am not mistaken, there can only be one selection for a particular golfer with reference to their final score? I noticed Darkfrog selected JS first at -14. Check out all the selections below:

 

Colins69                Tony Finau -11

phillyk                    Patrick Canlay -11
ncates00               Patrick Cantlay -13

nevets88               Rory McIlroy -12
pganapathy            Rory McIlroy -17

Darkfrog               Jordan Spieth -14
onthehunt526       Jordan Spieth -14

woodzie264          Dustin Johnson -14
RickK                     Dustin Johnson -17
iSank                      Dustin Johnson -18

DewSweeper09    Justin Thomas -9
Birdieputt              Justin Thomas -13
Billy Z                    Justin Thomas -14

Zippo                     Bryson DeChambeau -11
Hardspoon            Bryson DeChambeau -15

False hopes          Lee Westwood -11

Yukari                    Collin Morikawa -14

Bucki1968             Paul Casey -10


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Check out Laird’s third shot on 18.

Quite impressive.

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

This is how the selections have been picked for The Masters winner. I do see a slight problem in that two people picked JS at -14 . From what @iacas mentioned, if I am not mistaken, there can only be one selection for a particular golfer with reference to their final score? I noticed Darkfrog selected JS first at -14. Check out all the selections below:

 

Colins69                Tony Finau -11

phillyk                    Patrick Canlay -11
ncates00               Patrick Cantlay -13

nevets88               Rory McIlroy -12
pganapathy            Rory McIlroy -17

Darkfrog               Jordan Spieth -14
onthehunt526       Jordan Spieth -14

woodzie264          Dustin Johnson -14
RickK                     Dustin Johnson -17
iSank                      Dustin Johnson -18

DewSweeper09    Justin Thomas -9
Birdieputt              Justin Thomas -13
Billy Z                    Justin Thomas -14

Zippo                     Bryson DeChambeau -11
Hardspoon            Bryson DeChambeau -15

False hopes          Lee Westwood -11

Yukari                    Collin Morikawa -14

Bucki1968             Paul Casey -10


 

Looks like @onthehunt526 and I made the same pick (true I was first though), but Jordan needs to go on a run if he's going to get to -14 and win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, khalespace said:

Collin Morikawa putting is atrocious. He has missed 4 putts within 4 feet just in the front 9 of the third round. He also missed 2 putts within 6 to 7 feet.

My fault, he came to me for a putting lesson and I taught him everything I know.

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

This is how the selections have been picked for The Masters winner. I do see a slight problem in that two people picked JS at -14 . From what @iacas mentioned, if I am not mistaken, there can only be one selection for a particular golfer with reference to their final score? I noticed Darkfrog selected JS first at -14. Check out all the selections below:

Didn't I pick Xander?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

My set top box died on me, my OTA antenna only works for the small tv, found out I could stream the broadcast on my phone and Airplay it to the big tv. Had no idea I could do that. Thought I was going to do a trial period of YouTube Live or something. The picture is probably better quality than the set top box (FIOS).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
6 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I think if you glued Zalatoris and the tour rookie Charles Howell III together you'd barely get a 200 lb. man.

If it was really windy, they’d half to put a weight belt on Zalatoris to keep him from blowing away!

  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

If it was really windy, they’d half to put a weight belt on Zalatoris to keep him from blowing away!

He can sure pound the ball, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Xander with an eagle to take a share of the lead! 😄 

And Rose with a birdie to reclaim the lead right after.

And Matsuyama with an eagle to take it over both of them.  Xander right back to two back seconds after an eagle to take a share of the lead. 

Jim Nantz tells me the sequence I described above was all of 90 seconds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

32 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

If it was really windy, they’d half to put a weight belt on Zalatoris to keep him from blowing away!

A white one...😉

  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After Hideki's second shot on #18, I really wish I had his composure.  Obviously he is better than I am at all aspects of golf, but after hitting out of a bunker and well past the green, the look on his face said "finally, I have an interesting third shot on one of these holes.  It's been a while."  Of course he'd rather have a short putt (or have sunk his second), but that's far better than how a lot of players react, especially those of us who aren't likely to ever compete at Augusta. 

Justin Rose just had a great reaction to a par save on #14 too.  Like something out of a video game.

And what a great chip by Matsuyama at 18. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, Shindig said:

After Hideki's second shot on #18, I really wish I had his composure.  Obviously he is better than I am at all aspects of golf, but after hitting out of a bunker and well past the green, the look on his face said "finally, I have an interesting third shot on one of these holes.  It's been a while."  Of course he'd rather have a short putt (or have sunk his second), but that's far better than how a lot of players react, especially those of us who aren't likely to ever compete at Augusta. 

Justin Rose just had a great reaction to a par save on #14 too.  Like something out of a video game.

And what a great chip by Matsuyama at 18. 

Just not a fan of HM. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Just not a fan of HM. 

I feel like I knew a lot more about him at one point but I can't remember offhand.  I don't remember having a dislike of him though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Zalatoris isn’t cursing and slamming his club into the ground when he misses a shot. He’ll never make it on the tour.

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • You know, I don't appreciate being called ignorant, uneducated and a moron just because I have a different opinion than you.  That is what is wrong with people, just because a person has a different opinion doesn't necessarily make them ignorant or stupid or a moron.  I was raised differently.  I was raised to respect a persons opinion and just because it differs than yours, doesn't mean the person is a moron or ignorant.  It means they have a different opinion, and they have a right to that.  Wouldn't discussions be boring if everyone agreed with everyone in the discussion?  During those productive discussions, who says one person is right and one person is wrong? Also, I don't believe in most conspiracy theory's.   You have your opinion, and I have mine.  Just because I don't agree with you  doesn't mean I'm ignorant.  And you are not ignorant either.  Show some respect, man.
    • I think we like Rory and don’t like to see him struggle at times. But golf is hard and he also has been trying a few changes. First, last fall was adding distance which he admits caused problems. Second, he added a high fade to his long irons. Those take time to dial in. Lastly, there are a lot of great golfers out there.
    • Signs of life with my golf game. Ugly double at 1.... then made 7/8 pars and the only bogey was a 3 putt where I missed a short one. Otherwise I played those last 8 holes hitting 5/8 and 3 for 3 on saves. I want the first hole back tho. Regardless left the course feeling good  and to top it off my league partner took the night off with bad reaction to his vaccine so I was playing by myself and earned us 2nd place points for the week.
    • Maybe Tiger is part of the problem. He set an unprecedented bar height and every promising talent since has been compared to him, but the reality is that Tiger is the anomaly. Every other professional golfer has a larger variation in their performances, and that is the norm. Rory emerged in a time after Tiger had dominated and when he showed his talent, a lot of people expected him to contend with Tiger. When he fell short, the word «overrated» was thrown into the discussion. He could beat Tiger and everyone else, just not as frequently as Tiger. @measureoffsetinnm Yes. If we compare Rory to every other golfer not named Tiger, he is one of the best. Look at Spieth, Koepka, DJ, JT etc. They got periods of greatness and periods of less than great play.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Adlamb
      Adlamb
      (46 years old)
    2. Baba
      Baba
      (45 years old)
    3. Healup
      Healup
      (49 years old)
    4. SophieWaggner83
      SophieWaggner83
      (38 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...