IGNORED

2021 Masters

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Shorty said:

Hideki seems like a lovely guy. How good is your Japanese?

If I lived in Japan as long as he’s lived in the U.S. and made millions, it’d be better than his English. 😉

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This could be a fun finish. One at -11, four ahead of the rest, then four on -7 in the chase. A few birdies and bogies and anything can happen. Especially with the final stretch providing scoring opportunities.

Matsuyama has done quite well with only four bogies all week, but Sunday is different. Four shots can disappear quickly.

• Like 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

43 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

If I lived in Japan as long as he’s lived in the U.S. and made millions, it’d be better than his English. 😉

I think he speaks English but is not very comfortable doing it in interviews. Same went for Diasuke Matsusaka, the Red Sox pitcher. He spoke English to the manager and his teammates but his accent was really thick.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

43 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I think he speaks English but is not very comfortable doing it in interviews. Same went for Diasuke Matsusaka, the Red Sox pitcher. He spoke English to the manager and his teammates but his accent was really thick.

Yeah I’ve read he’s extremely shy too. Either way, he blatantly cheated a few years back, he’s a dud...and I’m just not a fan. This win ( he will win) will be huge for Japan so that’s cool. But he’s a dud.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 hours ago, Shorty said:

He probably is, he’s boring to watch.  He shows zero emotion.  It’s almost like he’s bored himself out there

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

• Administrator

I took a $20 straight up bet on Hideki just now (over the field). I don't even know that I think he'll win, but at least it gives me a little something to be interested in later today.

Justin Rose lost a four-shot lead in about two hours on Friday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, Chris223 said:

He probably is, he’s boring to watch.  He shows zero emotion.  It’s almost like he’s bored himself out there

I like some emotion on guys too.  But, more guys are coming on tour showing less emotion, because of trying to remain in a stable mental state.  It depends on the person, but expression can sometimes wind them up too much.  I always liked Tigers rule.  He allows himself to be emotional when near the ball, then forces himself to move on after a few steps from walking on to the next shot.  

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Has anyone ordered the food package from The Masters? Taste of the Masters. It sells out pretty quickly.

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 1.49.18 PM.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

13 hours ago, Shindig said:

I believe this still has a nonzero probability:

So what you are saying is that there is still some probability that HM can win? I'm not sure what you meant by that statement.

I think there is some probability, actually some decent probability.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

11 hours ago, Shorty said:

Not very good.  Many years ago, a friend (who is fluent, non-native, non-Japanese even) put me up to learning how to order my then-typical sushi order in Japanese.  She taught me the words and so on, and I was doing reasonably well until I ordered usagi (thankfully, she was there to explain to the chef what I meant).  Of course, I was effectively going from a memorized script and not trying to speak.

19 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Has anyone ordered the food package from The Masters? Taste of the Masters. It sells out pretty quickly.

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 1.49.18 PM.png

Oh my that looks good.  I never really know what to serve for the Masters.  Something peach flavored, and I never can quite find pimento cheese.  Kettle chips and chocolate chip cookies seem good, and of course the iced tea (but given where it's from, that tea might be too sweet for me).

13 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

So what you are saying is that there is still some probability that HM can win? I'm not sure what you meant by that statement.

I think there is some probability, actually some decent probability.

No, I think I was omitted from both of your lists of who predicted who.  I put my prediction of Schauffele down on Wednesday, which I quoted back (in the comment you're replying to).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

2 minutes ago, Shindig said:

No, I think I was omitted from both of your lists of who predicted who.  I put my prediction of Schauffele down on Wednesday, which I quoted back (in the comment you're replying to).

Well I apologize omitting your prediction, I will go back and add you. Not that my list is "the list", but it gave me something to do.

1 minute ago, Billy Z said:

Well I apologize omitting your prediction, I will go back and add you. Not that my list is "the list", but it gave me something to do.

Not a worry at all, I hope I didn't sound mad or anything.  

If you're going to say "left handed Masters champions," and then list exactly {Weir, Mickelson, Watson}, you really should state that you mean that they're playing left handed.  The first two, I believe, are right handed people.  I have no idea how many left-handed people have won while playing right handed though.  Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Here we go, I hope I got everything right. I think the most of us are now just the many bystanders who are watching the few 'towel candidates'.

Colins69                Tony Finau -11

Shindig                  Xander Schauffele, -11

phillyk                    Patrick Canlay -11
ncates00               Patrick Cantlay -13

nevets88               Rory McIlroy -12
pganapathy            Rory McIlroy -17

Darkfrog               Jordan Spieth -14
onthehunt526       Jordan Spieth -14

woodzie264          Dustin Johnson -14
RickK                     Dustin Johnson -17
iSank                      Dustin Johnson -18

DewSweeper09    Justin Thomas -9
Birdieputt              Justin Thomas -13
Billy Z                    Justin Thomas -14

Zippo                     Bryson DeChambeau -11
Hardspoon            Bryson DeChambeau -15

False hopes          Lee Westwood -11

Yukari                    Collin Morikawa -14

Bucki1968             Paul Casey -10

• Thumbs Up 2

I have Jordan at -15....it’s a lock.🥴

• Funny 1

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You can make your own.  Your chef can find the recipe on-line.

I think you're giving my abilities too much credit :-)  

But for real, I will look into it, and practice, so I can serve it at next year's viewing party. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

UPDATED

Colins69                Tony Finau -11

Shindig                  Xander Schauffele, -11

phillyk                    Patrick Canlay -11
ncates00               Patrick Cantlay -13

nevets88               Rory McIlroy -12
pganapathy            Rory McIlroy -17

Darkfrog               Jordan Spieth -14
onthehunt526       Jordan Spieth -14
Vinsk                      Jordan Spieth -15

woodzie264          Dustin Johnson -14
RickK                     Dustin Johnson -17
iSank                      Dustin Johnson -18

DewSweeper09    Justin Thomas -9
Birdieputt              Justin Thomas -13
Billy Z                    Justin Thomas -14

Zippo                     Bryson DeChambeau -11
Hardspoon            Bryson DeChambeau -15

False hopes          Lee Westwood -11

Yukari                    Collin Morikawa -14

Bucki1968             Paul Casey -10

I’m rooting for Zalatoris today. A debut winner would be fun.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 1100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!