IGNORED

Propane Tank in a Range Stall

I've never seen a propane tank in a range stall before, but here it is. Better warm than cold I guess. I assume those are heat lamps or something of the sort. If I am off, well, disregard this post.

Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.05.32 AM.png

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I've never seen a propane tank in a range stall before, but here it is. Better warm than cold I guess. I assume those are heat lamps or something of the sort. If I am off, well, disregard this post.

I need that for my driveway!

I played with a guy who had a propane space heater in his cart with him. I think it was running off one of those small bernzomatic cylinders, not one the the larger BBQ ones. It looked really nice (I was walking and gloveless).

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I assume those are heat lamps or something of the sort.

There is probably a ceramic core that then allows for infrared radiant heat generation. No fans so you have to be in front of it, in its line-of-site to get heated.image.png.a50102f91d7afcb6879d59048f439914.png

Yes, so similar to a heat lamp.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Why does the dude in the background, with the really bad foot position, have his mat pushed so far forward.  No heat for him!

4 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

I played with a guy who had a propane space heater in his cart with him. I think it was running off one of those small bernzomatic cylinders, not one the the larger BBQ ones. It looked really nice (I was walking and gloveless).

I've seen those, usually accompanying a complete cart cover.

9 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Coincidentally, I golfed with a couple today that had one of those propane hand warmers in the cup holder in their cart. I was rather envious as I was walking. It looked similar to this one:

Amazon.com: Portable Gas Catalytic Heater, Camping Heating, Foldable Legs, CSA Certified: Home & Kitchen

6 hours ago, dennyjones said:

That's the setup on my golf cart.  Full enclosure, propane heater, spare bottle just in case.  The beginning and end weeks of our men's league can be brutally cold.

The range I go to frequently has heaters suspended from the ceiling of each stall. There is a small group of older gentlemen that are there every single day. They have one of these portable heaters between the stalls facing a bench that is there. Primarily use it to stay warm, or warm up, while drinking coffee and shooting the s**%t with their buddies. Puts out quite a bit of heat when I walk past to get to a stall.

14 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I’ve seen them in Florida with guys dressed like they are going to the South Pole and it’s 55F and I’m wearing shorts. 

21 hours ago, nevets88 said:

When I read the title of the post, I thought it was just going to be a little heater.

That is a full sized tank! I have never seen that lol

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I’ve seen them in Florida with guys dressed like they are going to the South Pole and it’s 55F and I’m wearing shorts. 

20 degrees colder than normal and I'm guessing they weren't young pups. When I was living in Miami my landlord woke me up one morning to show me a thin film of ice on a birdbath. Sheesh, I had just arrived there a few weeks earlier from the Midwest in January.  I've seen ice before.

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

20 degrees colder than normal and I'm guessing they weren't young pups. When I was living in Miami my landlord woke me up one morning to show me a thin film of ice on a birdbath. Sheesh, I had just arrived there a few weeks earlier from the Midwest in January.  I've seen ice before.

It was leftovers ice from last nights Margaritas.