@iacas thoughts on the Knit II?

Very comfortable shoe but, I am not a favor of the high back. It will take my lower ankle time to adjust. I am not sure I would wear them golfing or at least not 18. 

Overall super comfortable and good looking. I just don’t like the higher back as it can irritate the back of my ankles if wearing low socks.

The Original still is the Champ in my eyes. 

• iacas changed the title to True Linkswear Knit II and Lux Knit
  • Administrator
On 1/18/2021 at 7:50 AM, jmanbooyaa said:

@iacas thoughts on the Knit II?

Very comfortable shoe but, I am not a favor of the high back. It will take my lower ankle time to adjust. I am not sure I would wear them golfing or at least not 18. 

Overall super comfortable and good looking. I just don’t like the higher back as it can irritate the back of my ankles if wearing low socks.

The Original still is the Champ in my eyes. 

The Original is a very good shoe. Not the best in hot weather, as it can get a little sweaty (that's just logical - if you want a waterproof leather shoe).

And of the Knits, the original is a very good shoe, too.

I see what you mean about the higher back, but it's pretty soft IMO. Do you wear a sock that goes up that high, or is it rubbing skin? I don't like a high back, either, but if I'm being specific I don't like a high back that's more solid or firmer. These are like socks, very "huggy" without digging in or rubbing much.

The Knits are some of my favorite shoes. I wear them everywhere. Teaching. Playing, when it's at least half dry. Errands. Going out to do anything. They're the first shoe I grab, and the only shoes that I generally have inside the house. The old Knit "I" models will likely be relegated strictly to errand shoes, though, or teaching maybe, as I've worn the tread away.

These are the replacements, in spirit, for the original Sensei shoes, which I also loved. Perhaps even more than the Tours.

For golf, the Originals win. For everything, the Knits and the Knit Its win, for me, hands down.

The TRUE Knit II

tk2-grey_d90b5be2-839f-4fec-86c6-50804c2

Our most popular model of all time, the TRUE Knit is back and better than ever. Knit II's lightweight nature, all-day comfort, sock-fit feel and breathable nature make these your go to sneakers for the warmer days...

→ TRUEknit Fully Breathable One-Piece Upper (90% Polyester, 10% Spandex)
→ Full Sock Fit Flexible Opening for Slide-In Comfort
→ One-Piece TRUEknit Upper Flexibly Conforms to Most Foot Shapes (D-EEE)
→ New Open Cell Footbed for Increased Breathability and Comfort on Warmer Days
→ Water and Oil Repellent Upper
→ NEW Wanderlux Midsole for Increased Comfort and Rebound
→ Extremely Lightweight - 9.1 oz. (Size 9 M)
→ Cross-Life Tread for Maximum Versatility
→ Transitional (Minimal) Drop (~4mm Dependant on Size)

Some Photos

true_linkswear_knit_ii_1.jpgtrue_linkswear_knit_ii_3.jpgtrue_linkswear_knit_ii_2.jpg

The TRUE LUX Knit

Lux_Knit_Blue_600x600_crop_center.jpg?v=

A 2-Year waterproof guarantee has never looked or felt this good. The alchemy of modern performance and heritage design make the LUX Knit is the best of all worlds. The breathable, form fitting upper is bonded to...

→ Waterproof, yet breathable knit upper with added DWR shell (durable water repellent)
→ New WANDERLUX midsole technology for superior rebound, energy return, and age defying durability
→ New WANDERLUX interior featuring a snug, padded heel cup and all new super foam insert
→ Reusable LUX shoe/shag bag in lieu of the traditional box
→ Premium leather accents and welting
→ Transitional (minimal) drop - (~6mm)
→ Light-weight (11.5 oz) with a premium/rugged durability
→ Tour-tested spikeless rubber tread for aggressive grip
→ Generous natural fit comfortably conforms up to 2E width

Some Photos

true_linkswear_lux_knit_4.jpgtrue_linkswear_lux_knit_7.jpgtrue_linkswear_lux_knit_8.jpgtrue_linkswear_lux_knit_6.jpgtrue_linkswear_lux_knit_5.jpg

• Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, iacas said:

The Original is a very good shoe. Not the best in hot weather, as it can get a little sweaty (that's just logical - if you want a waterproof leather shoe).

Funny you say that, I wore them during a summer round, thought the waterproofing was crap, it wasn’t. My feet were sweating that much.

As for the Knit II, i wear a real low cut sock. Very comfortable shoe. I wear to the office and errands. Got them during Christmas so no golf in them.

The small stitching in the back pull rubs my lower ankle. 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:
The small stitching in the back pull rubs my lower ankle. 

I get a little of the rubbing from the LUX Knits, but there's an actual "bump" in those shoes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades