IGNORED

Single Rider Carts

I drive.  Almost exclusively.  For many of the reasons listed above.  I’m a good caddy!!! Always take care of my passenger.  Mess up on rare occasion, but it happens.

For quite some time covid dictated no passengers.  One person per cart.  

At some point I suggested to the owner of my club, who is a friend, that he buy single person carts.  I explained it probably would have an impact on the cart barn but there is other storage on premises.  Two single carts, OF QUALITY, are less than one two person cart.  I thought it was a marketing opportunity! 

I would love this!  Especially since walking is not a practical option these days.  Too many surgeries, I guess.  But, I’m working on it.

What do y’all think of one person carts?  Really curious what folks think.  For example, I think there is plenty of interaction on the tees and greens.  To say nothing of the 19th hole.  And, I love that aspect of the game.  But, I wouldn’t miss between shots talk.

What say you??? 

13 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I drive.  Almost exclusively.  For many of the reasons listed above.  I’m a good caddy!!! Always take care of my passenger.  Mess up on rare occasion, but it happens.

At some point I suggested to the owner of my club, who is a friend, that he buy single person carts.  I explained it probably would have an impact on the cart barn but there is other storage on premises.  Two single carts, OF QUALITY, are less than one two person cart.  I thought it was a marketing opportunity! 

I would love this!  Especially since walking is not a practical option these days.  Too many surgeries, I guess.  But, I’m working on it.

What do y’all think of one person carts?  Really curious what folks think.  For example, I think there is plenty of interaction on the tees and greens.  To say nothing of the 19th hole.  And, I love that aspect of the game.  But, I wouldn’t miss between shots talk.

What say you??? 

If you gotta have a cart I think one-person carts would speed up the game a bit.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

19 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

If you gotta have a cart I think one-person carts would speed up the game a bit.

Smart car.

12 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Smart car.

I saw one drive by yesterday. It would fit in the back of a large pickup.

14 hours ago, Desperado said:

What say you??? 

Has anyone used the “Scooter” or something similar?

DSC_1480-1024x684.png

Ride through the course on the fat tire golf scooter today. These two or three wheel golf trikes are a must have for...

5 minutes ago, StuM said:

Has anyone used the “Scooter” or something similar?

DSC_1480-1024x684.png

Ride through the course on the fat tire golf scooter today. These two or three wheel golf trikes are a must have for...

When I was at MidPines in NC I saw they have Finn Scooters (or something really similar) for rent.  I didn't take one, but they looked like a lot of fun:

Finn Cycles are single rider electric golf carts that are sporty, invigorating and encourage ready golf. Get your Personal Golf Machine now!

I saw someone with something similar to this single rider cart last summer.  He said it was light enough for him to lift it himself into his truck.  The price looks to be around $3,000.  There are lighter models for less.

I would consider using something like this.

The BigBoy

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

I saw someone with something similar to this single rider cart last summer.  He said it was light enough for him to lift it himself into his truck.  The price looks to be around $3,000.  There are lighter models for less.

I would consider using something like this.

The BigBoy

Looks fun, but for $3,000 I can walk for free or rent a cart 300 times.  I can also invest in lessons.  I will pass on buying one.

17 hours ago, Desperado said:

Two single carts, OF QUALITY, are less than one two person cart.  

Is this true? I must be picturing something different in my mind, basically a skinny regular cart, but I guess I've never really seen one

32 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

The only issue I see with individual carts is that means twice as many wheels on the course. 

Not necessarily, they come in 2 wheel configurations, basically a scooter.

Well, Yes.  Basically a skinny cart.  When I proposed these to course owner a good quality model was $1,700.  They have Yamahas.  The best, IMO. The math worked.  And, the range of them was waaaay more than twice that of a 2 passenger.  Number of charging stations and overall real estate for same would/could be an issue. 

Number of wheels on the course is a valid concern.  I think the weight of singles would somewhat offset that concern.

Often, we have a 90 degree restriction.  You know, stay in the rough until you’re even with your shot.  Then go straight out and straight back to the cart path.  Can’t tell you how often that is ignored.  Plus, people unnecessarily driving through low, wet, areas.  Grrrrr!

• Thanks 1