IGNORED

For Claw Grip Users do You Prefer a Straight or an Arc Putting Stroke?

Since the putter doesn't hang straight down, it will always have an arc in it unless you do some strange adjustments with the putting stroke. 

• Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Since the putter doesn't hang straight down, it will always have an arc in it unless you do some strange adjustments with the putting stroke. 

That's not entirely true. The putter shaft could be full of loopty-loops and it could go SBST, but generally our bodies aren't set up to do so.

To the OP, @KevinBlake, virtually nobody swings SBST for a stroke of any length. We play golf on a tilted plane, and generally our bodies work on that plane.

You could make an argument that Michelle Wie, with her back almost horizontal with her table top putting stance, could have putted SBST, or very close to it. But unless you set up something like that, or manipulate your arms or wrists in some way, it's awkward to putt SBST.

• Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Thanks Boogielicious. I'm going to try that out asap!
    • Thanks for the tip, I didn’t realise it would come back on so quickly. Only used around 3% overnight, normally 25/30 % Its 5pm here, Ive used 30% battery today and that’s with the golf app using gps on a four hour round. 
    • Coming 2 America sweat free par. Enjoyed a few laughs and loved Coming To America. 
    • Great topic! My Goals for 2021: GOALS Single digit Index (Currently 11.6) More birdies that "others" (blow up holes are my Achilles heal) GIR: 40%+  FIR: 55%+ (currently 48% and I'm generous in what I consider a fairway hit) Scrambling 25%+ Play a lot of golf! ACTIONS Track hole by hole stats on every round Focus on swinging "within" myself - tempo and control - I get too aggressive and leads to problems Mental toughness - nicer to myself after screw ups  Getting my hips through (swing thought is hitting the ball with my right hip) Proper fitting and gear upgrade as makes sense Reread Lowest Score Wins! - embrace the wisdom for smarter golf Consistent fade with driver - Currently a 2-way miss is giving me fits Lock in on my putting set up Develop a more consistent golf fitness plan 
    • Another one down today, halfway there.Most of the harder holes to go 😀
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Chiss1978
      Chiss1978
      (31 years old)
    2. dzclarkcpa
      dzclarkcpa
      (50 years old)
    3. Egdewrg
      Egdewrg
      (72 years old)
    4. fasted
      fasted
      (53 years old)
    5. feashasts
      feashasts
      (29 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...