Jump to content
IGNORED

Limited Edition Copper Irons


Recommended Posts

Okay, so I remember last year when Mizuno came out with a set of all copper MP-20's. I thought they were cool. They sold for $2000.00 per set. Which is expensive, but to be honest, it didn't seem ridiculous. Anyway, I never really considered getting a set. But I do think they are cool. 

76AB91DB-4198-466F-9707-F351163C54CE.thumb.jpeg.ef2223d8438a480cd07231966a3d3a57.jpeg

Now Cobra has come out with a set. 

20AW_Digital_GO_Clubs_Rickie-Proto-Iron__2000x3000px_LE-Tour-Cage_75P0448-1-e1611251567966.thumb.jpg.f0e7df5e9e50397ff07fbb8cc195dd4d.jpg

Cobra's set are going for $2500.00. 

Which again, is a lot. But in my opinion it isn't ridiculous. I'm just not sure who these clubs are targeting? Old guys? ... Young guys? ... Collectors? Mizuno seems to have much more of a cult like following when it comes to their irons. Does Cobra have enough cache' to make people run out and get a set of these? ... I don't know? What do you all think? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Okay, so I remember last year when Mizuno came out with a set of all copper MP-20's. I thought they were cool. They sold for $2000.00 per set. Which is expensive, but to be honest, it didn't seem ridiculous. Anyway, I never really considered getting a set. But I do think they are cool. 

76AB91DB-4198-466F-9707-F351163C54CE.thumb.jpeg.ef2223d8438a480cd07231966a3d3a57.jpeg

Now Cobra has come out with a set. 

20AW_Digital_GO_Clubs_Rickie-Proto-Iron__2000x3000px_LE-Tour-Cage_75P0448-1-e1611251567966.thumb.jpg.f0e7df5e9e50397ff07fbb8cc195dd4d.jpg

Cobra's set are going for $2500.00. 

Which again, is a lot. But in my opinion it isn't ridiculous. I'm just not sure who these clubs are targeting? Old guys? ... Young guys? ... Collectors? Mizuno seems to have much more of a cult like following when it comes to their irons. Does Cobra have enough cache' to make people run out and get a set of these? ... I don't know? What do you all think? 

Electricians.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess if you wanted to be like Rickie these are the clubs you buy. Though based on recent form, not sure that's much of a selling point.

These clubs look good from the back but I found the top down view far less attractive. Similar to the Hogans where the hosel look disproportionally thick versus the top line of the blade. Just my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
10 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Electricians.

Also plumbers.

32 minutes ago, mchepp said:

Copper "should" have a very soft feel. I wonder how they plan to keep it as Copper though.

Coppertone 😜

The Mizuno irons were raw copper, so they didn’t. I don’t know the exact finish in the Cobra set.

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, billchao said:

Also plumbers.

Coppertone 😜

The Mizuno irons were raw copper, so they didn’t. I don’t know the exact finish in the Cobra set.

Yeah, my Dad was a plumber, my grandfather was a plumber. I’m a fancy plumber. I’m like Mona Lisa Devito.

I thought for the raw finish, they wanted them to patina.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I thought for the raw finish, they wanted them to patina.

Then they can be called Statue of Liberty irons.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • I really hope I’m wrong, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t come back.
    • Shot 100 yesterday.  I can tolerate that for now as it's just my second round after an extended layoff. Overall, I feel like I hit a handful of good shots and struggled from some inconsistency and a few bad decisions. It also didn't help that it was windy all day (about 20mph).
    • My "pairing up" story.  One evening I was out as a single.  On the 2nd hole a guy drove into me.  The green hadn't cleared in front of me so I had to wait.  When the a**hole walked up I let him have it!  He was larger than me and muscular and possibly could have pummeled me, but I was pissed.  So now the two of us are waiting for the green to clear.  Told him he could join me if he wanted to, but I wouldn't let him play through.  So he joined up.  He apologized without being prompted.  Turns out he worked in the same building as I did.  Ended up actually being an inattentive nice guy.  And we became friends.  And played again.  The best revenge was whipping his butt every time we played.
    • I am sort of easy on this, everything changes with the times. The only things I dislike are wearing a hat backwards and baggy pants. Also not a fan of collarless shirts.
    • I don't mind being paired up; I have met some real nice people this way. Since I end up wanting to golf and most of my friends don't play, I would just call the course and say "hi, I am just a single golfer, can I play today?", and they would just say to come out here and we'll get you out. So not usually a problem. In my way of thinking, if I don't book a foursome, I am at the mercy of the course anyway as to where and when they want to put me and that's perfectly ok, I accept that. The main thing is, I get to play!!! 
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Catcher20
      Catcher20
      (31 years old)
    2. FeMan
      FeMan
      (73 years old)
    3. JD15
      JD15
      (56 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...