IGNORED

Limited Edition Copper Irons

Okay, so I remember last year when Mizuno came out with a set of all copper MP-20's. I thought they were cool. They sold for $2000.00 per set. Which is expensive, but to be honest, it didn't seem ridiculous. Anyway, I never really considered getting a set. But I do think they are cool. 

76AB91DB-4198-466F-9707-F351163C54CE.thumb.jpeg.ef2223d8438a480cd07231966a3d3a57.jpeg

Now Cobra has come out with a set. 

20AW_Digital_GO_Clubs_Rickie-Proto-Iron__2000x3000px_LE-Tour-Cage_75P0448-1-e1611251567966.thumb.jpg.f0e7df5e9e50397ff07fbb8cc195dd4d.jpg

Cobra's set are going for $2500.00. 

Which again, is a lot. But in my opinion it isn't ridiculous. I'm just not sure who these clubs are targeting? Old guys? ... Young guys? ... Collectors? Mizuno seems to have much more of a cult like following when it comes to their irons. Does Cobra have enough cache' to make people run out and get a set of these? ... I don't know? What do you all think? 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Okay, so I remember last year when Mizuno came out with a set of all copper MP-20's. I thought they were cool. They sold for $2000.00 per set. Which is expensive, but to be honest, it didn't seem ridiculous. Anyway, I never really considered getting a set. But I do think they are cool. 

76AB91DB-4198-466F-9707-F351163C54CE.thumb.jpeg.ef2223d8438a480cd07231966a3d3a57.jpeg

Now Cobra has come out with a set. 

20AW_Digital_GO_Clubs_Rickie-Proto-Iron__2000x3000px_LE-Tour-Cage_75P0448-1-e1611251567966.thumb.jpg.f0e7df5e9e50397ff07fbb8cc195dd4d.jpg

Cobra's set are going for $2500.00. 

Which again, is a lot. But in my opinion it isn't ridiculous. I'm just not sure who these clubs are targeting? Old guys? ... Young guys? ... Collectors? Mizuno seems to have much more of a cult like following when it comes to their irons. Does Cobra have enough cache' to make people run out and get a set of these? ... I don't know? What do you all think? 

Electricians.

I guess if you wanted to be like Rickie these are the clubs you buy. Though based on recent form, not sure that's much of a selling point.

These clubs look good from the back but I found the top down view far less attractive. Similar to the Hogans where the hosel look disproportionally thick versus the top line of the blade. Just my opinion.

10 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Electricians.

Also plumbers.

32 minutes ago, mchepp said:

Copper "should" have a very soft feel. I wonder how they plan to keep it as Copper though.

Coppertone 😜

The Mizuno irons were raw copper, so they didn’t. I don’t know the exact finish in the Cobra set.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, billchao said:

Also plumbers.

Coppertone 😜

The Mizuno irons were raw copper, so they didn’t. I don’t know the exact finish in the Cobra set.

Yeah, my Dad was a plumber, my grandfather was a plumber. I’m a fancy plumber. I’m like Mona Lisa Devito.

I thought for the raw finish, they wanted them to patina.

20 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I thought for the raw finish, they wanted them to patina.

Then they can be called Statue of Liberty irons.

• Thanks 1