IGNORED

Posting Solo Scores to Handicap (In 2021)

iacas
Note: This thread is 1114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Posting Solo Rounds (2021)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still often or regularly post solo rounds in violation of the USGA and now WHS rules?

• Yes, I post or plan to post an occasional solo round in breach of the rules of handicapping.
    • No, I obey all of the rules and do not post solo rounds.
    • Something else and/or "Oops, I didn't know this was a rule."

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Oh for sure, agreed. It's just one the rules I don't care about.

So what laws do you dislike and ignore? 😛

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, tristanhilton85 said:

I follow the rules as they are, however I do think that they should allow the posting of solo rounds. 

I have a membership to TheGrint.    They have a place for rounds attested.   Since the guys I golf with aren't members and I will not ask them to verify a round via an email, I have 0% attested.   If I play a solo round I count it as a practice round.    My handicap although official shouldn't be any different than a solo round.   I can't prove it wasn't solo other than my integrity.    If my integrity is good enough for 0% attested rounds, it should be good enough for a solo round.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

So what laws do you dislike and ignore? 😛

Having to make a full stop at a stop sign in the wide-open backcountry of Colorado when there's no vehicle in sight for 2 miles.  A state trooper hiding behind a giant tumbleweed nailed me and gifted me with a ticket.

Erik, I know you weren't asking me but I had an answer.  Tumbleweeds have never been an innocent dead rolling plant ever since then.

6 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Just my opinion, but if you're not going to follow the rules for handicapping, I don't believe you should keep an official handicap.  I'd suggest that you use an unofficial online handicap calculator, and save yourself the few bucks.

That's what I did. When this rule was introduced, I pretty much checked out of golf from a competitive standpoint. Now I'm just hitting a white ball around a field of grass towards a small hole in the ground.

- Shane

49 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

That's what I did. When this rule was introduced, I pretty much checked out of golf from a competitive standpoint. Now I'm just hitting a white ball around a field of grass towards a small hole in the ground.

And, hopefully, enjoying the heck out of it!

This is probably an actual photo of Carl.

Golf-Cycle.jpg

• Funny 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Interesting question:   and maybe it's been addressed, but I don't see it anywhere.  

There are always a few rounds I end up playing every year where I play with people I don't know.    I don't keep their score, they don't keep mine.   no one is attesting anything.   
I am playing with people, technically, but for score keeping purposes, I am essentially playing alone.  

count it, or nay? 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

6 minutes ago, lastings said:

Interesting question:   and maybe it's been addressed, but I don't see it anywhere.  

There are always a few rounds I end up playing every year where I play with people I don't know.    I don't keep their score, they don't keep mine.   no one is attesting anything.   
I am playing with people, technically, but for score keeping purposes, I am essentially playing alone.  

count it, or nay? 

2.1 Acceptability of Scores

A score is acceptable for handicap purposes if the round has been played:

The person you're with doesn't even have to be playing.  So, yes, you count it.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

8 minutes ago, lastings said:

count it, or nay? 

I think if there's a question later about your score you need to have those strangers attest it.  So always remember to get their names, phone numbers, addresses and social security numbers.

52 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I think if there's a question later about your score you need to have those strangers attest it.  So always remember to get their names, phone numbers, addresses and social security numbers.

you sure that's enough?   passport?  FICO score?  3rd grade teacher? 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

58 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Not at all accurate, there's no mechanism for attestation of scores in the USGA areas.  On the other hand, if you enjoy your day on the course, it never hurts to get contact info to set up a round at a later date.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 1114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!