IGNORED

Posting Solo Scores to Handicap (In 2021)

Posting Solo Rounds (2021)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still often or regularly post solo rounds in violation of the USGA and now WHS rules?

• Yes, I post or plan to post an occasional solo round in breach of the rules of handicapping.
    • No, I obey all of the rules and do not post solo rounds.
    • Something else and/or "Oops, I didn't know this was a rule."

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Oh for sure, agreed. It's just one the rules I don't care about.

So what laws do you dislike and ignore? 😛

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prior to the  2016, Canada and the USGA regions were the only ones which allowed posting solo scores.  Now I believe its worldwide. I heard that a local high-school coach was telling his player

Solo rounds being posted is less a problem than selective posting.  Still, this thread is a good reminder to not post solo rounds.

How is that a "better" option? Because it suits you? The point of a handicap is to create a measure of how you play when playing against or at least with others and following the Rules of Golf. S

Posted Images

2 hours ago, tristanhilton85 said:

I follow the rules as they are, however I do think that they should allow the posting of solo rounds. 

I have a membership to TheGrint.    They have a place for rounds attested.   Since the guys I golf with aren't members and I will not ask them to verify a round via an email, I have 0% attested.   If I play a solo round I count it as a practice round.    My handicap although official shouldn't be any different than a solo round.   I can't prove it wasn't solo other than my integrity.    If my integrity is good enough for 0% attested rounds, it should be good enough for a solo round.  

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

So what laws do you dislike and ignore? 😛

Having to make a full stop at a stop sign in the wide-open backcountry of Colorado when there's no vehicle in sight for 2 miles.  A state trooper hiding behind a giant tumbleweed nailed me and gifted me with a ticket.

Erik, I know you weren't asking me but I had an answer.  Tumbleweeds have never been an innocent dead rolling plant ever since then.

6 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Just my opinion, but if you're not going to follow the rules for handicapping, I don't believe you should keep an official handicap.  I'd suggest that you use an unofficial online handicap calculator, and save yourself the few bucks.

That's what I did. When this rule was introduced, I pretty much checked out of golf from a competitive standpoint. Now I'm just hitting a white ball around a field of grass towards a small hole in the ground.

34 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Now I'm just hitting a white ball around a field of grass towards a small hole in the ground.

That sounds absolutely ludicrous. What sport is that?

49 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

That's what I did. When this rule was introduced, I pretty much checked out of golf from a competitive standpoint. Now I'm just hitting a white ball around a field of grass towards a small hole in the ground.

And, hopefully, enjoying the heck out of it!

22 hours ago, Zippo said:

And, hopefully, enjoying the heck out of it!

It’s boring quite honestly. 

39 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

It’s boring quite honestly. 

Maybe it's time to take up hang gliding?

23 hours ago, Zippo said:

Maybe it's time to take up hang gliding?

If you meant riding a motorcycle, I’m in. 

This is probably an actual photo of Carl.

Golf-Cycle.jpg

• Funny 1

Interesting question:   and maybe it's been addressed, but I don't see it anywhere.  

There are always a few rounds I end up playing every year where I play with people I don't know.    I don't keep their score, they don't keep mine.   no one is attesting anything.   
I am playing with people, technically, but for score keeping purposes, I am essentially playing alone.  

count it, or nay? 

6 minutes ago, lastings said:

Interesting question:   and maybe it's been addressed, but I don't see it anywhere.  

There are always a few rounds I end up playing every year where I play with people I don't know.    I don't keep their score, they don't keep mine.   no one is attesting anything.   
I am playing with people, technically, but for score keeping purposes, I am essentially playing alone.  

count it, or nay? 

2.1 Acceptability of Scores

A score is acceptable for handicap purposes if the round has been played:

The person you're with doesn't even have to be playing.  So, yes, you count it.

8 minutes ago, lastings said:

count it, or nay? 

I think if there's a question later about your score you need to have those strangers attest it.  So always remember to get their names, phone numbers, addresses and social security numbers.

52 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I think if there's a question later about your score you need to have those strangers attest it.  So always remember to get their names, phone numbers, addresses and social security numbers.

you sure that's enough?   passport?  FICO score?  3rd grade teacher? 

Just now, lastings said:

you sure that's enough?   passport?  FICO score?  3rd grade teacher? 

😄  ... and next of kin, in case they die before they can attest your score.

58 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Not at all accurate, there's no mechanism for attestation of scores in the USGA areas.  On the other hand, if you enjoy your day on the course, it never hurts to get contact info to set up a round at a later date.