IGNORED

Bought a New Car (Mazda CX-5 Signature)

iacas

26 minutes ago, iacas said:

Got these. I hate license plates that just sit against the car. They can rattle, they can scratch the paint… etc.

Two-pack for $12. Put the other one on my wife’s Tiguan. Installation was easy.

I never understood why people put on plates without frames of some kind.

4 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Was gonna be getting a Pilot for the wife but you've given me something to think about

The Mazda CX-5 is smaller than a Honda Pilot. The CX-9 is a better comparison size-wise.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, billchao said:

I took off the dealer plate/frame. It was just one of those cheap plastic ones, of course.

I hadn’t thought of silicone frames, but it makes total sense. It drains, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 hours ago, billchao said:

The Mazda CX-5 is smaller than a Honda Pilot. The CX-9 is a better comparison size-wise.

Good info thanks - she wants fast and the Pilot is faster

Colin P.

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

But does it go vrrrrrrrrooooooom!?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Some people say the current CX-9 is underpowered. It uses the same 2.5L turbocharged I4 (227HP on regular, 310 lb ft of torque) that the CX-5 Signature does, except it’s 600lbs heavier.

FWIW, my 2014 CX-9 has a naturally aspirated 3.7L V6 (274HP, 270 lb ft of torque) and it’s actually something like 0.4s slower from 0-60 than the new one. I’ve never felt it was underpowered. The enjoyment of driving a Mazda isn’t about its straight line speed. I test drove a Honda Pilot back in 2014 and it handled like a shoe box. Still does, from everything I’ve read about them.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, billchao said:

Some people say the current CX-9 is underpowered. It uses the same 2.5L turbocharged I4 (227HP on regular, 310 lb ft of torque) that the CX-5 Signature does, except it’s 600lbs heavier.

FWIW, my 2014 CX-9 has a naturally aspirated 3.7L V6 (274HP, 270 lb ft of torque) and it’s actually something like 0.4s slower from 0-60 than the new one. I’ve never felt it was underpowered. The enjoyment of driving a Mazda isn’t about its straight line speed. I test drove a Honda Pilot back in 2014 and it handled like a shoe box. Still does, from everything I’ve read about them.

Yes, this.

The Pilot (and even the CR-V) suck to drive. They're not "driving" cars. The CR-V uses a CVT, too, which is 💩.

The Mazdas don't use CVTs. They're fun to drive. My CX-5 is great fun. More than my wife's Tiguan, too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Honestly, anything with a center of gravity higher than what I'm used to (lowered sedans) is gonna feel like a shoebox to me. The wife just wants straight line acceleration, she doesn't care about handling. I don't get it.

Colin P.

30 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Honestly, anything with a center of gravity higher than what I'm used to (lowered sedans) is gonna feel like a shoebox to me. The wife just wants straight line acceleration, she doesn't care about handling. I don't get it.

Test drive. Seriously. It’s night and day. Mazda SUVs feel smaller than they are.

Bill

My Swing Thread

On 2/3/2021 at 7:25 PM, billchao said:

Test drive. Seriously. It’s night and day. Mazda SUVs feel smaller than they are.

I'll suggest to the wife that she try one out, she might like it even if it's slower. It's guaranteed to feel like a fat bloated boat for me though (as would the Pilot)

Colin P.

• Administrator

Tell her it's a Turbo!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2021 at 11:20 PM, iacas said:

a CX-5 Signature

mazda_cx5.jpg

I leased a CX-5 diesel in January 2020, the burgundy colour. It's my second one, my last one was manual and white. Great car! Costs € 550 p.m. on a 5 year lease and I have about 10G to pay at the end if I go that long. I only have one bit photo...

CIMG4167.JPG

• Administrator

What's the mileage like on the diesel model?

Great choice in car.  I bought a gunmetal (I think that's what the color is called) CX-5 back in June.  It's my third Mazda, this one replacing a 2006 Mazda 3.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

On 2/2/2021 at 1:31 PM, iacas said:

Yes, this.

The Pilot (and even the CR-V) suck to drive. They're not "driving" cars. The CR-V uses a CVT, too, which is 💩.

The Mazdas don't use CVTs. They're fun to drive. My CX-5 is great fun. More than my wife's Tiguan, too.

Yes. CVTs suck.

Wife had a Sentra that the CVT went out on just over 1.5 years ago (and just outside of the warranty period). We ended up replacing it with a Hyundai Tucson.

This past October, I decided to trade in my car as well and we purchased a second Tucson. I've been super happy with them. 

The Mazda is really nice though, and was high up on my list as well. Nice choice.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

5 hours ago, JuliWooli said:

750 km with a full tank of 50 Litres, 15km per litre x 4 = 60km to the gallon. I think the math is correct

Miles please 😛 

9 hours ago, tristanhilton85 said:

Yes. CVTs suck.

Wife had a Sentra that the CVT went out on just over 1.5 years ago (and just outside of the warranty period). We ended up replacing it with a Hyundai Tucson.

Wasn't this pushed as the type of transmission that would be in every car? I didn't know that they had these big issues. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

10 hours ago, tristanhilton85 said:

Yes. CVTs suck.

Wife had a Sentra that the CVT went out on just over 1.5 years ago (and just outside of the warranty period).

To be fair, Nissan’s CVT is bad. I’m not saying I like CVTs, but your wife ended up with the worst possible one.

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Miles please 😛

~35 mpg. Google is your friend 😜

Bill

My Swing Thread