IGNORED

NCAA Football 2021

saevel25

Well the explanation given for why Oregon is ranked above OSU but MI is ranked above MSU clearly shows there’s political/financial motives behind their decisions. ‘Head to head is important but comparing stats of both teams, MI has better stats than MSU.’ Yeah, well OSU has better stats than Oregon as well. Sooooo? Yeah. 
And this ridiculous obsession over Cincinnati. Can’t wait for them to get blown out. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Well the explanation given for why Oregon is ranked above OSU but MI is ranked above MSU clearly shows there’s political/financial motives behind their decisions. ‘Head to head is important but comparing stats of both teams, MI has better stats than MSU.’ Yeah, well OSU has better stats than Oregon as well. Sooooo? Yeah. 
And this ridiculous obsession over Cincinnati. Can’t wait for them to get blown out. 

Some info on the Oregon V OSU game...
1. Oregon was with out their best player
2. They really did what ever they wanted and didn't look like they were losing the game
3. I am not sure how much they are taking into account that OSU's QB dislocated a small joint near his shoulder a week before. 

Some info about the MSU v Mich game...
1. Michigan was handling MSU for most of the game.
2. The Heisman RB candidate for this year popped off in the 2nd half. 

To me, I can see why they think Oregon still should be ahead of OSU. The optics of how the game was played matters. 

I think the reasoning is paper thin though. My list above was my guess, which was pretty close. 

If I was to rank them based on how I felt they should be ranked...

Georgia, Alabama, OSU, Michigan, Oregon, Cincy, MSU, Randomly pick the next 4 best teams. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

5 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

What'cha gonna do if Cincinnati wins the National title?  😎

It would be the greatest achievement of a head coach and a team in modern football history (BCS Era and after).

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it. I like their HC. Played for Ohio State, coach at Ohio State for 16 years. I am always in favor of seeing former Buckeyes do well. We still claim part of that LSU championship since we gifted them Joe Borrow 😛 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

It would be the greatest achievement of a head coach and a team in modern football history (BCS Era and after).

Honestly, I wouldn't mind it. I like their HC. Played for Ohio State, coach at Ohio State for 16 years. I am always in favor of seeing former Buckeyes do well. We still claim part of that LSU championship since we gifted them Joe Borrow 😛 

Stranger things have happened...

I need to make a bet with Vinsk.

"Head to head is certainly one of the criteria that we use and one of the things we evaluated," said Iowa athletic director Gary Barta, the committee chairman. "In Oregon's case, Oregon has been playing terrific football as of late; they won the other day against Washington State. Ohio State is playing some of the best offense in the country; they had a convincing win against Purdue. But when it comes down to those two, the fact that Oregon went to Ohio State and beat them in the Horseshoe, when the vote came down this week, that's the way the vote came out."

Absurd. Here is Oregon's last 6 games in order from most recent:

• Played a team that was 5-4 (Washington St). They were tied at halftime. Oregon won by 14 (at Home)
  • Played a team that was 4-4 (Washington). Oregon had a 1 point lead at halftime and won by 10. 
  • Played a team that was 2-5 (Colorado). Oregon won 52-29 (at Home)
  • Played a team that was 5-2 (UCLA). Oregon was down 17-14 at halftime and won by 3
  • Played a team that was 1-4 (Cal). Oregon was up by 3 at halftime and won by 7 (at Home)
  • Played a team that was 3-1 (Stanford). Oregon was down 17-7 at halftime and lost in overtime

How is that playing "terrific football as of late" ??

That means in only 1 out of their last 6 games has Oregon had a lead larger than 3 points at halftime (while being down in 2 of them). There is absolutely nothing about that that screams "terrific football", especially considering what OSU has done over that same time period, scoring 52+ points in 4 of their last 6 games and they've had at least a 7+ point lead at half in each of their last 6 games. That's a much better representation of "terrific football of late" than what Oregon has done. 

Last 6 games Oregon has outscored their opponents 198-148. OSU has outscored theirs 290-109 in the same time period.... OSU has averaged 15 more points on offense per game over the last 6 while giving up 6.5 less on defense per game over the last 6 but Oregon is the team who is playing terrific football? Give me a break.

They're giving credit to Oregon, the supposed 3rd best team in the country, for being tied at HOME to an unranked team at halftime and winning by 14? If OSU had been tied with Purdue at halftime and won by 14 that would without a doubt have been looked at as a negative for OSU and Purdue is a significantly better opponent than Washington State. 

FFS OSU just beat a top 25 team by a greater margin than what Oregon beat Colorado by but that somehow counts as "terrific football as of late" for Oregon?

They are giving significantly too much credit to a head to head win early in the season and they are holding OSU to a higher standard than Oregon IMO. 

Honestly after not seeing anything change this week, I'm concerned that even if OSU beats MSU this week they still might not jump Oregon which would be absolutely ridiculous. 

Edited by klineka
  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

need to make a bet with Vinsk.

Why yes. I believe you do…

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 11/16/2021 at 9:49 PM, klineka said:

Honestly after not seeing anything change this week, I'm concerned that even if OSU beats MSU this week they still might not jump Oregon which would be absolutely ridiculous. 

Absolutely no way when OSU beats MSU should Oregon be ranked above OSU. If they did that it would clearly expose the committee is desperately trying to keep the Crap-12 alive. OSU lost early to them. But since then OSU really hasn’t had a poor game. A few lackluster performances but who hasn’t other than Georgia? And they’ve won. Every game. 

As much as I don’t like OSU it’s still the love of NCAA football that keeps me interested. MSU will lose to OSU. So MSU is out. Michigan will lose big to OSU, they’ll be out. I’m not sure what they’ll decide if Alabama beats Georgia. But some how I’m sure we’ll get to see Cincinnati take a humiliating defeat. 

Plain and simple the committee got the rankings wrong last week. 

Ohio State is without a doubt a better football team than Oregon, and IMO a strong argument could be made for them to be #2 after this performance today. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, klineka said:

Plain and simple the committee got the rankings wrong last week. 

Ohio State is without a doubt a better football team than Oregon, and IMO a strong argument could be made for them to be #2 after this performance today. 

Not an (The) Ohio State fan but they are looking very good.  Watch out!  My neighbors down the street with their Buckeye flag on a pole in their front yard, matching red cars and silver-painted house are having a good morning...

How can a team ranked as high as Oregon be an underdog?  Utah is favored by 3.   No way Ohio isn't raked 3 or higher after this dominance performance.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Yeah this is silly. I mean it supports my opinion that the Big10 is meh aside from OSU. 🤪But ffs, Oregon over OSU? Ridiculous. I hope the committee drops MSU way down. This is embarrassing.

Probably best OU laid an egg at Baylor. Their performance against IowaSt was just awful. Poor decisions, poor pass defense. Just a mess. Unless they had every aspect of their game running on all four cylinders they’d get whipped by any of the top teams except Oregon and Cincinnati who don’t belong there anyway. OSU>>>Oregon. 

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

How can a team ranked as high as Oregon be an underdog?  Utah is favored by 3.   No way Ohio isn't raked 3 or higher after this dominance performance.  

Yeah. Georgia/Alabama/OSU. That’s the top three. Period. Assuming no flubs occur and Georgia vs Alabama is a close game, I guess I can see them keeping Alabama up there. But if OSU beats MI even by one score only, I’d put Georgia first then OSU second. No way a 2 loss Alabama gets ranked over OSU assuming OSU stays one loss.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

😁  Not that ridiculous.  It was Oregon over OSU once this year.  Wouldn't you like to see them meet in the playoffs?  Just so Ohio State could prove they are better?

They would still meet in the playoffs if OSU was 2 and Oregon was 3. I'd absolutely love to see that, OSU would be favored by at least 14 if not 20 points. 

That OSU team that was on the field today might consist of the same players that took the field against Oregon, but that is not the same team.

And let's not forget that not all losses are equal. Losing to Oregon week 2 is different than losing to unranked, bottom of the conference Stanford in the middle of the season. 

2 hours ago, klineka said:

They would still meet in the playoffs if OSU was 2 and Oregon was 3. I'd absolutely love to see that, OSU would be favored by at least 14 if not 20 points. 

That OSU team that was on the field today might consist of the same players that took the field against Oregon, but that is not the same team.

And let's not forget that not all losses are equal. Losing to Oregon week 2 is different than losing to unranked, bottom of the conference Stanford in the middle of the season. 

It’s already started. At the pregame for Oregon Booger already said he puts Oregon above OSU if Oregon beats Utah. He says he can’t get passed that head to head 2 months ago. Wtf? Yeah, and 2 months ago Texas was looking good. And in the past two months OSU has dominated every team and just destroyed the 7th ranked team in the country. He’s delusional. And I don’t even like OSU!🤣