IGNORED

NCAA Football 2021

saevel25

37 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

It’s already started. At the pregame for Oregon Booger already said he puts Oregon above OSU if Oregon beats Utah. He says he can’t get passed that head to head 2 months ago. Wtf? Yeah, and 2 months ago Texas was looking good. And in the past two months OSU has dominated every team and just destroyed the 7th ranked team in the country. He’s delusional. And I don’t even like OSU!🤣

There's a reason he got fired from Monday Night Football. His takes are absolutely horrible

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks like we may not have to have any more nonsense with Oregon anymore. My oh my Utah is having their way with them!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

8 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Looks like we may not have to have any more nonsense with Oregon anymore. My oh my Utah is having their way with them!

Committee should be ashamed that as of 4 days ago they really thought Oregon was a better team than OSU.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I had to guess what the committee will do next week...

Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, Cincy, Michigan, ND, Oregon, OU State, Baylor, Ole Miss. 

How I would rank them...

Georgia, Ohio State, Alabama, Michigan, Cincy, ND, Baylor, Ole Miss, OU State, OU

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, Cincy, Michigan, ND, Oregon, OU State, Baylor, Ole Miss. 

How I would rank them...

Georgia, Ohio State, Alabama, Michigan, Cincy, ND, Baylor, Ole Miss, OU State, OU

OkSt beat Baylor by 10. I put them above Baylor.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Updated SP+ Rankings...

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 4.32.00 PM.png

Also, Nebraska is still the best 8 loss team ever! They rank 33rd! The next closes team with 8 losses is at 83rd. Texas at 4-7 is ranked 43rd. 

Looks like Georgia and Ohio State are separating themselves from the field. Both would be about 5-point favorites on a neutral field over Alabama. 

Ohio State opens up as a 7-7.5 favorite over Michigan. If home field advantage is +3-ish in college football. Then they are 10 point favorite on a neutral field over Michigan. Which, looks to be close. 

Here is the Resume+ Rankings...

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 4.36.20 PM.png

I didn't realize Pitt was doing well, though a 2 loss team. Really, after 7, its a MESS of teams with 2-3 losses. Good luck ranking those teams, lol. 

Also, this is a disgusting stat. 

Ohio State has scored TD's on their first FIVE drives of a game 4 times this year. No other team has done this once. Being that they are 10-1, that means you have about a 33% chance of ending up 35 to something in the first half. Good luck. They did this feet against two bad teams, and two good teams. So, its not limited to just bad teams. 

If I had to pick the Michigan V. Ohio State Game. 

Surprised, Michigan's D-Line is ranked poorly (football outsiders). They are ranked outside the top 50 in TFL and sacks. Their O-Line is good (top 25). They do not allow sacks (either by good O-line, or scheme). They do not allow TFL (again O-Line or scheme). It looks like Michigan likes to run a lot of check down places to a RB or TE as a final read on most passing plays. This will be the best pass defense Ohio State has faced this year. 

But, here is the rank of passing offenses that Michigan has gone up against... 47th, 73rd, 88th, 114th, 118th, 23rd, 110th, 58th, 112th, 25th, 15th. So, not sure they are. The team that likes to take shots (Nebraska) had a great day passing. So, Ohio State's deep ball game might in play this week. 

The teams that gave Ohio State fits are those with very good red zone defenses. Michigan isn't that good in red zone defense. Michigan is 81st in scoring TD's in the red zone. Michigan is decent on picking up 3rd down. Ohio State isn't that good at stopping 3rd downs. 

All of that, I think Michigan will be able to drive the ball decently in the game. Though, this might not be the case since Oho States defense is good against the run, and the run is a Michigan strength. 

The issue is, can Michigan score enough TD's to keep up with Ohio State. I just don't think they can. 

I see this being like, 24 to 14 at the half, and 45 to 24 at the end. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

On 11/20/2021 at 10:22 PM, saevel25 said:

How I would rank them...

I wasn't to far off 🙂

Kind of surprised to see them drop Alabama. What this does is, if Georgia beats Alabama, they are out of the playoff. I think a 1-loss ND gets in over a 2-loss Alabama. More so, I think OU State gets in since they will play in a conference championship game. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I wasn't to far off 🙂

Kind of surprised to see them drop Alabama. What this does is, if Georgia beats Alabama, they are out of the playoff. I think a 1-loss ND gets in over a 2-loss Alabama. More so, I think OU State gets in since they will play in a conference championship game. 

I'm honestly surprised OSU moved up to 2 as well even though I think it's where they belong right now.

OSU Cincy playoff game would be fun simply for the Ohio aspect even though I don't think the game would be particularly close.

OSU vs Cincy 

42-10. You saw it here first. Lol.

• Like 1

Pretty tired of reading that Cincinnati needs to ‘keep winning.’ Well, that wasn’t enough for OU when they were outranked by one loss teams when they were undefeated. And playing significantly more difficult opponents than Cincinnati. With their ridiculous SOS Cincinnati should be having to keep blowing out their dismal opponents, not just winning. And they haven’t been. Keep winning? SMU-ECU-Houston? Give me a break. OU has to play a big rival that’s top 10, and probably twice. OSU has played ( embarrassed) MSU and now has to play fifth ranked MI. Oh, but Cincinnati just has to beat Houston. It’s such a sham.

16 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Pretty tired of reading that Cincinnati needs to ‘keep winning.’ Well, that wasn’t enough for OU when they were outranked by one loss teams when they were undefeated. And playing significantly more difficult opponents than Cincinnati. With their ridiculous SOS Cincinnati should be having to keep blowing out their dismal opponents, not just winning. And they haven’t been. Keep winning? SMU-ECU-Houston? Give me a break. OU has to play a big rival that’s top 10, and probably twice. OSU has played ( embarrassed) MSU and now has to play fifth ranked MI. Oh, but Cincinnati just has to beat Houston. It’s such a sham.

I agree. The standards are absolutely different for different teams. This quote below about UC's game last night proves it.

No. 4 Cincinnati looked comfortable playing its first game in playoff position.

The Bearcats handled business in their final road game of the season Friday, beating East Carolina 35-13 in a quest to maintain a spot among the top four in the College Football Playoff rankings.

"Looked comfortable", "Handled business" ??

They turned the ball over 3 times and only had a 15 point lead at one point with 9 minutes left in the game against an unranked team.

Had OSU (or Georgia and Bama) played at ECU, turned the ball over 3 times and were only up by 15 halfway through the 4th quarter people would be very critical, calling for them to slide down the rankings, etc

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, klineka said:

I agree. The standards are absolutely different for different teams. This quote below about UC's game last night proves it.

"Looked comfortable", "Handled business" ??

They turned the ball over 3 times and only had a 15 point lead at one point with 9 minutes left in the game against an unranked team.

Had OSU (or Georgia and Bama) played at ECU, turned the ball over 3 times and were only up by 15 halfway through the 4th quarter people would be very critical, calling for them to slide down the rankings, etc

Right. And those same writers say, ‘ well OSU beat MSU solidly…let’s see how they do against MI.’ Yeah. Ok. I’ll admit that if a two loss team ever made the CFP it would be OSU this year. Just can’t see another team deserving that over OSU.

Wow. Really didn’t see that coming after OSU dismantled MSU. OSU just really never got going. MI defense was relentless and OSU really struggled on pass defense as well as letting Haskins have his way. 

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Wow. Really didn’t see that coming after OSU dismantled MSU. OSU just really never got going. MI defense was relentless and OSU really struggled on pass defense as well as letting Haskins have his way. 

Their lines won the game.

This was the year to get us. Loss entire back 7 on defense. New QB, new RB, an O-line that had to start 4 tackles because we have no good guards. It showed in Ohio State being world beaters when their offense is on point, and very pedestrian when not because the defense isn’t stout enough. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

15 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Harbaugh can get free drinks in any bar in Ann Arbor.  And to think they almost fired him last year...

What did that guy have to do with Ohio State not bothering to field a defense this year?