IGNORED

NCAA Football 2021

saevel25

16 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I think there will be a bigger chance that a 1 loss B-10 (who's lose is from the conference championship game) goes instead, and the Big-10 conference champion. 

I think to lose in the BIG Conf. Championship and still have a shot a the CFP it would need to be a very well contested game, not a blow-out.  Also, if OSU loses that game they are toast, Burnt Toast, and any hopes of playoffs are just an Aldo Nova.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

I guess this means of communication isn't the best for sarcasm. Though I would have thought that astute people like yourself may have picked it up.

emojis go a long way.😉

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, StuM said:

I think to lose in the BIG Conf. Championship and still have a shot a the CFP it would need to be a very well contested game, not a blow-out.  Also, if OSU loses that game they are toast, Burnt Toast, and any hopes of playoffs are just an Aldo Nova.

Obviously I’m not a fan of the B1G being a Big 12 fan ( what will be left of it..lol). Ohio State is of course a true contender. I don’t buy the others to guarantee a good game.
But I must admit that if someone beats OhioSt and wins the B1G conference this late in the game they must have something going unless it’s a total fluke show.

Too bad the B1G doesn’t have a true conference champion like the Big12 does. Every body plays everybody just seems normal to have a conference champion. Of course it totally sucks that OU may have to play TX again or OkSt to get the CC.

But man oh man what a weekend of college football we just had!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Obviously I’m not a fan of the B1G being a Big 12 fan ( what will be left of it..lol).

Well, they are trying to add 4 teams...

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F1028%2Fr146000_1

BYU, Cincinnati, Houston and UCF have been accepted as members of the Big 12 after a vote of the conference's presidents and chancellors. The Big 12 is looking to bolster itself ahead of the planned departures of Oklahoma...

I think they are great gets. They have been 4 teams that have sniffed the playoffs or being undefeated the past decade. 

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Too bad the B1G doesn’t have a true conference champion like the Big12 does. Every body plays everybody just seems normal to have a conference champion. Of course it totally sucks that OU may have to play TX again or OkSt to get the CC.

I hate divisions in conferences. I like how the Big12 does it, but when other teams have a conference championship game, you kind of have to have one to stay relevant with the play off. If the play off expands, I think divisions might go away. 

If the schedules were set up in the Big 10 with out divisions, a lot of the west teams would play more of the east teams. I tell you, the Big 10 west might look worse if that was the case. There are 9 conference games in the Big 10, with OSU playing 6 games in the east division, and only 3 in the west. 

If MSU and MU stay undefeated going into October 30th matchup, there goes one of them. 

I know PSU just lost. It could be a one loss OSU versus an undefeated MU team. 

I mean, what if Georgia loses before facing Alabama in the conference championship game. It could MU #1 going against OSU #2!!!! Replay of 2006! But, reversed with OSU playing at MU. I am hoping this happens, I want it so bad as an OSU fan. 

With three undefeated Big 10 teams and two one loss teams, there are going to be a lot of big 10 teams in the top 10 going late into the season. This is good stuff. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

31 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Too bad the B1G doesn’t have a true conference champion like the Big12 does. Every body plays everybody just seems normal to have a conference champion

I did like the "Round Robin" schedules of days gone by but with 14 teams in the BIG 10 it just cannot happen, even if they eliminated the non-conference games it can't work.  Of course, the irony is the BIG 10 has 14 teams and the BIG 12 has 10 teams.  I guess colleges do not require the ability to know how to count, or is that the "New Math" I've heard about? 😁

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

26 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

If MSU and MU stay undefeated going into October 30th matchup, there goes one of them

And then, hopefully, a 1 loss OSU plays either an undefeated MSU or MU in November, then either a 1 loss OSU or an undefeated MSU/MU play a hopefully undefeated Iowa in the BIG 10 Championship.  That would be some great football late in the season!

I am a Buckeye fan and I am supposed to rip on Michigan but I really want that rivalry to mean something, I want them to win out until Nov. 27th. The Big 10 currently has 5 teams in the top 10 but that will not last.  If lucky, they can keep 3 teams in the hunt until the end of Nov.

Stuart M.

30 minutes ago, StuM said:

And then, hopefully, a 1 loss OSU plays either an undefeated MSU or MU in November, then either a 1 loss OSU or an undefeated MSU/MU play a hopefully undefeated Iowa in the BIG 10 Championship.  That would be some great football late in the season!

I am a Buckeye fan and I am supposed to rip on Michigan but I really want that rivalry to mean something, I want them to win out until Nov. 27th. The Big 10 currently has 5 teams in the top 10 but that will not last.  If lucky, they can keep 3 teams in the hunt until the end of Nov.

I tell you what, Stu. Ohio State better think about Indiana. All around Columbus I hear tons of people talking about the Ohio State/Penn State game. Everyone's talking about it. Or they are talking about the 3 game stretch of Michigan State, Michigan, then Big 10 championship game (Iowa?). 

There's no way Indiana should be able to compete with Ohio State. But last year Indiana came within a TD of winning. This year everyone... and I mean everyone around town is looking past that game. I just hope the coaching staff and players aren't looking past it. This will be Indiana's Super Bowl. If Ohio State ruins their season by tripping up against lowly Indiana, it will be really embarrassing. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

All around Columbus I hear tons of people talking about the Ohio State/Penn State game.

PSU lost their QB no? They won’t have a prayer against OSU. And they lost to Iowa already. OSU will beat PSU by 20+.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I tell you what, Stu. Ohio State better think about Indiana. All around Columbus I hear tons of people talking about the Ohio State/Penn State game. Everyone's talking about it. Or they are talking about the 3 game stretch of Michigan State, Michigan, then Big 10 championship game (Iowa?). 

I 100% agree.  Indiana could play the role of Spoiler.  Truthfully, any of the remaining teams could be the spoiler. All of the teams are going to be motivated to "Beat OSU" and OSU cannot afford to under-estimate them.

Stuart M.

19 minutes ago, StuM said:

I 100% agree.  Indiana could play the role of Spoiler.  Truthfully, any of the remaining teams could be the spoiler. All of the teams are going to be motivated to "Beat OSU" and OSU cannot afford to under-estimate them.

The one thing going against OSU is that they’ve been busy munching on cupcakes since their loss to Oregon. Tulsa, Akron, Rutgers and Maryland all have combined win of 8 games. Aside from B1G fans these teams are considered stat builders. But OSU is pretty used to this track. Lol. Indiana May shock them a bit at first but OSU is a second half team anyway. It’ll be a blow out. OSU by 20+. 

22 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

The one thing going against OSU is that they’ve been busy munching on cupcakes since their loss to Oregon. Tulsa, Akron, Rutgers and Maryland all have combined win of 8 games. Aside from B1G fans these teams are considered stat builders. But OSU is pretty used to this track. Lol. Indiana May shock them a bit at first but OSU is a second half team anyway. It’ll be a blow out. OSU by 20+. 

Yea, but I think that is overblown a bit. 

Here is ESPN version of SP+, FPI. Which takes into account strength of schedule. This means that Ohio State has played as the third best team in the country, even with the schedule they played. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 6.30.15 PM.png

Here is the resume. They have played the 79th easiest schedule. Again, they have performed well enough to be #3 on FPI list. They have the 12th hardest remaining schedule. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 6.30.27 PM.png

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

It’s a mess. OSU will play Mi, MSU and PSU. OU has to play OKST, rival and undefeated, TCU, Baylor and probably Texas again. Yet Cincinnati? Oh…they gotta play the undefeated powerhouse SMU. The ND win is getting way too much credit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Not disagreeing but half way in a season is tough to call.  Georgia has played only 1 currently ranked opponent, #17 Arkansas.  People thought Clemson was good early on but not now.  Time will tell.

Stuart M.

45 minutes ago, StuM said:

Not disagreeing but half way in a season is tough to call.  Georgia has played only 1 currently ranked opponent, #17 Arkansas.  People thought Clemson was good early on but not now.  Time will tell.

True…but it’s Georgia. Along with Alabama, OU, Clemson ( done ), OhioSt nobody really wonders if these teams will be any good. They will be. Cincinnati on the other hand has done nothing. They don’t have history. They won one game, ND. My irritation is that they will get damn near a free walk to the final four if they just win out, against nobody. You’re right though, time will tell. But OhioSt, OU or Georgia will humiliate Cincinnati.

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

True…but it’s Georgia. Along with Alabama, OU, Clemson ( done ), OhioSt nobody really wonders if these teams will be any good. They will be. Cincinnati on the other hand has done nothing. They don’t have history. They won one game, ND. My irritation is that they will get damn near a free walk to the final four if they just win out, against nobody. You’re right though, time will tell. But OhioSt, OU or Georgia will humiliate Cincinnati.

I’m not sure Cincinnati is guaranteed a spot. The committee can consider SOS

• Like 1

Stuart M.

18 minutes ago, StuM said:

I’m not sure Cincinnati is guaranteed a spot. The committee can consider SOS

Having some fun with this..

college-predictions-finals-16x9.png

FiveThirtyEight's 2021 college football predictions calculate each team's chances of winning its conference, making the playoff and winning a championship.

Cinci really wants Georgia to beat Alabama. If Cinci wins out, their chances drop by 10% if Alabama beats Georgia in the SEC championship game. Assuming both win out. 

If OU wins out, and bouncing between Georgia and Alabama makes their odds drop 14%, actually drop under 50%. 

Cinci really wanted OU to lose. 

I think Cinci (undefeated) gets picked over the ACC champ and the Pac-12 champ. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag