IGNORED

2021 Waste Management Open

phillyk
Note: This thread is 1165 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Watching the replay this morning, Xander Schauffele is a very boring player to watch. Just plain dull. 

I know. I wish we saw more of  Poston, NeSmith, Putnam, Todd, Burns, Tringale, Lashley, Norlander, Harman, Clark, Hubbard, List or Hardy, or a bunch or other players in the top 30 today.

In other words you do not know Schauffele. Seems a bit unfair to criticise him for playing the game well. He's actually a very interesting character and a hell of a lot more engaging than most. And... he's prepared to share his ideas about things like the Reed incident.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I must have missed that part @Shorty 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

53 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Seems a bit unfair to criticise him for playing the game well.

He didn’t criticize him for playing well. He thinks he’s boring. Not really your call. You don’t decide for someone who they think is boring or not. Many great players have been boring to watch in that persons opinion. So what?🤭

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OMG, I was thinking Koepka winning would be crazy.  Insane eagle on 17.  This has been a fun day to watch.

• Like 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

55 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

He didn’t criticize him for playing well. He thinks he’s boring. Not really your call. You don’t decide for someone who they think is boring or not. Many great players have been boring to watch in that persons opinion. So what?🤭

I would love to be a boring golfer...Fairway-Green-putt Repeat

14 minutes ago, phillyk said:

OMG, I was thinking Koepka winning would be crazy.  Insane eagle on 17.  This has been a fun day to watch.

Yes it has, and still slight chance of a playoff but odds are on Keopka now, especially if he get birdie on 18.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

Someone who doesn't know golf might think Tiger or Rory or Koepka was boring if they saw themfor the first time.  My point is that sometimes knowing something about players makes them seem more interesting. :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I guess the next piece of equipment they'll talk about reviewing is the putter. Maybe it's too flat. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Shorty said:

And... he's prepared to share his ideas about things like the Reed incident.

He's also full of shit (about what Tour players do) and an asshole (I know people at his former golf club).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

36 minutes ago, iacas said:

He's also full of shit (about what Tour players do) and an asshole (I know people at his former golf club).

Agreed. I use to be a BK fan early on, but as he started to show his personality over time, I lost respect for him

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
Just now, woodzie264 said:

Agreed. I use to be a BK fan early on, but as he started to show his personality over time, I lost respect for him

Huh?

I'm talking about Xander.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Huh?

I'm talking about Xander.

Oh - I was talking about Koepka - not a fan anymore...

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

Oh - I was talking about Koepka - not a fan anymore...

The only feeling I have for BK is “meh.” I root for him sometimes and against other times. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Damn. Now that’s interesting....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Pretty amazing to see Koepka end up with this one and, yeah, great chip on 17. I was also glad to see Striker end up as well as he did. There's still hope for us geezers...

6 hours ago, phillyk said:

So much fun indeed. I found this final round to be absolutely thrilling to watch and very exciting.   So many players could have won and you didn't know who it was going to be and then Brooks chipped in for that enormous eagle and stole the show. Who would have expected it?  So many storylines going on.  Very sad about JT's grandather's passing.   Hahn's total meltdown after having a 2-stroke lead.  That 17th driveable par 4.  Stricker's great play.  Spieth's resurgence.  I find Xander exciting to watch.   At around 4:00, I predicted a playoff.  So much more to say about this final round. Suffice it to say, I really loved it.   I wish all Sunday rounds would be this exciting.

I'm a huge fan of a birdie/eagle opportunity 17th hole. 

In my opinion every course should have either a short par 4 or a short par 5 as the 17th hole. That gives a chance for some huge excitement with an eagle or birdie on the 17th. Then the 18th should be the toughest hole on the course. That gives a chance for a meltdown or for a leader to falter on the last. 

I really like a bunch of leader changes over the last two holes. Some courses lend themselves to that scenario better than others. 

The golf was way more fun than the rock concert this weekend. ... Oh, yeah, I guess that rock concert was actually supposed to be a football game. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Note: This thread is 1165 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!