2021 Genesis Invitational

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is nuts!  

Also the event where: They have what I imagine must be the shortest par 5 on tour these days at 505 yards.  And unless they have plans to add a tee in the bar or on the roof, its not getting any

It’s from all those free Pimento Cheese Sandwiches he won at The Masters.

I've trying to watch this tournament on CBSSports.com but they kept saying they are having technical difficulties.

Stupid CBS!  Get your act together!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sunday the announcer couldn't seem to get over Cameron Smith's hair length! Very tiring. Beautiful shot by Homa with his ball up against a tree on the 10th hole during playoff with Finau. Good job by Max holding Tony off to win.

9 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Sunday the announcer couldn't seem to get over Cameron Smith's hair length! Very tiring. Beautiful shot by Homa with his ball up against a tree on the 10th hole during playoff with Finau. Good job by Max holding Tony off to win.

You're right, kind of a weird fascination with his hair. I mean it's just hair. 

1 minute ago, ChetlovesMer said:

My God!  They were broadcasting from L.A.  There are no unusual hair styles there...

11 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Good job by Max holding Tony off to win.

I was watching the playoff on my phone with my kids at the park, so didn't get any audio, but Finau looked really bummed walking to his ball after his tee shot into the bunker. Nice win by Max.

16 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Yeah. It was borderline offensive. Good thing Fleetwood wasn't playing - it would have driven them nuts!

14 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I was watching the playoff on my phone with my kids at the park, so didn't get any audio, but Finau looked really bummed walking to his ball after his tee shot into the bunker. Nice win by Max.

Yeah. I felt a bit sorry for Finau. always the bridesmaid, it seems. Max simply outplayed him during the playoff.

21 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

My God!  They were broadcasting from L.A.  There are no unusual hair styles there...

These announcers need to get out more...

3 hours ago, Zippo said:

When they first showed the ball, it looked like it was right against the tree. But then from another angle, he had a much better chance. Great shot.

11 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

When they first showed the ball, it looked like it was right against the tree. But then from another angle, he had a much better chance. Great shot.

2 inches closer to the tree and Finau probably wins the tournament.  Yep, it's a game of inches...

On 2/21/2021 at 1:15 PM, colin007 said:

Has DJ put on weight?

Ha. I think he has. And I've seen it mentioned elsewhere. But I'm sure he'll lose it soon. He probably had too much fun in the offseason.

Secondary point--I'm not one to put the "choker" label on golfers or any other athlete for that matter. But it certainly is more applicable in a sport like golf. Which is individual and has enormous self-controlled pauses between shots. And it's not looking good for Finau at this point. I won't do that to him yet either, but man, that top 10 finishes stat without a win.

Thirdly, I hope Phil decides in a couple years to become a color analyst and NBC drops Azinger for him. So much.

1 hour ago, Aguirre said:

Secondary point--I'm not one to put the "choker" label on golfers or any other athlete for that matter. But it certainly is more applicable in a sport like golf. Which is individual and has enormous self-controlled pauses between shots. And it's not looking good for Finau at this point. I won't do that to him yet either, but man, that top 10 finishes stat without a win.

Huh? .... 

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Finau is not a choker. He shot 64. Give me a break.

Crap, you beat me to it. 

I wouldn't say Finau choked considering he played really well to tie the lead. Not a great shot into the bunker, but still had a makeable putt to extend the playoff. If anyone choked on Sunday, I would say it was DJ.

Max Homa got a nice rub of the green moment on the first playoff hole being able to get club on the ball for his second shot.

During the playoff I was rooting for both of them. I was hoping Finau would win to shake off the label of a guy who contends but can't win. And Homa seems like a cool guy too and was playing in his home city.

1 minute ago, Darkfrog said:

During the playoff I was rooting for both of them. I was hoping Finau would win to shake off the label of a guy who contends but can't win. And Homa seems like a cool guy too and was playing in his home city.

Interesting comment.  Same here.  Down the stretch or in a playoff I'm usually rooting for just one guy.  In this case I was cheering on both... hated to see a loser.

4 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I wouldn't say Finau choked considering he played really well to tie the lead. Not a great shot into the bunker, but still had a makeable putt to extend the playoff. If anyone choked on Sunday, I would say it was DJ.

Max Homa got a nice rub of the green moment on the first playoff hole being able to get club on the ball for his second shot.

The par 3 final hole hurt Finau. He plays a fade and tried to get it close when a draw is a better shape for that hole location. I don’t blame him for trying. The middle of the green would have extended the match.

10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

The par 3 final hole hurt Finau. He plays a fade and tried to get it close when a draw is a better shape for that hole location. I don’t blame him for trying. The middle of the green would have extended the match.

When I was watching my first thought was that if I were playing that hole, I would LSW it into the center of the green.

Homa hit a really good shot too.

• Thanks 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Darkfrog said:

When I was watching my first thought was that if I were playing that hole, I would LSW it into the center of the green.

Homa hit a really good shot too.

Max said on the podcast the miss was definitely right.

He also said he over-drew it a bit, but that's why you aim out to the right.