IGNORED

Giuliani Tells a 'Joke' Michelle Wie Reacts

DaveP043
Note: This thread is 1155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 hours ago, David in FL said:

We’ve come to a sad place when people can’t distinguish the difference.

Yup.  We've been there for years, and it's only getting worse.  That's why I usually have enough sense to abstain from these discussions, which I will now do.

12 hours ago, David in FL said:

The difference comes when an old pervert thinks that its appropriate to discuss the attractive woman's underwear on a nationally distributed podcast.  And again, Wie has always worn "skorts" as far as I remember, so the only underwear visible was in Mr. Giuliani's fevered imagination.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, David in FL said:

I think we are discussing the difference. 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

There's a difference between noticing an attractive person, and making a lewd comment about their attire to a wide, public audience.

There are many sports where athletic attire is revealing of the athlete's figure (men and women both). Swimming, diving, gymnastics, women's tennis, MMA/boxing, track and field, soccer, basketball, beach volleyball, volleyball, women's golf, football, and many more.

Maybe Michelle Wie wears skorts because it is the most comfortable thing for her to play golf in, and has nothing to do with wanting to look attractive to any men or women who happen to be watching her play.

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

51 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Maybe Michelle Wie wears skorts because it is the most comfortable thing for her to play golf in, and has nothing to do with wanting to look attractive to any men or women who happen to be watching her play.

I think Wie wants to look attractive, which is fine. That doesn't give the men the right to act inappropriate and creepy. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 hours ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

Yup.  We've been there for years, and it's only getting worse.  That's why I usually have enough sense to abstain from these discussions, which I will now do.

Yep.

You’d think I would know better.  😀

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

The difference comes when an old pervert thinks that its appropriate to discuss the attractive woman's underwear on a nationally distributed podcast.  And again, Wie has always worn "skorts" as far as I remember, so the only underwear visible was in Mr. Giuliani's fevered imagination.  

I don’t disagree that Rudy’s comments were ill advised, but Wie’s outrage rings a bit hollow given that she showed off her underwear on an international forum in the first place.

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

In re-reading the initial article, it seems that this conversation was part of a larger discussion, remembrances of the late Rush Limbaugh.  The photo shows Giuliani and Limbaugh in a golf cart together, with Wie walking nearby.  Giuliani's comments may pretty accurately reflect his conversations with Limbaugh through the round, two old codgers playing golf with an attractive and talented young woman, sniggering when her back is turned.   But this is also a conversation that should have remained in the golf cart, not to be repeated for public consumption.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

38 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Yep.

You’d think I would know better.  😀

I don’t disagree that Rudy’s comments were ill advised, but Wie’s outrage rings a bit hollow given that she showed off her underwear on an international forum in the first place.

See, what you don't need to do is add the "but..." When you do that, you're trying to justify what Rudy did/said. There is no justification for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

37 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

a conversation that should have remained in the golf cart, not to be repeated for public consumption.

This

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

8 minutes ago, tristanhilton85 said:

See, what you don't need to do is add the "but..." When you do that, you're trying to justify what Rudy did/said. There is no justification for that.

And again, Wie was almost certainly wearing a skort, no underwear on display for anyone.  And now I'm sorry, but I'm picturing Beavis and Butthead sitting in a golf cart, smoking cigars, and whispering to each other about women's underwear.

• Funny 1

Dave

• Administrator
3 hours ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

Perhaps you could try to have enough sense to understand the difference between "looking" and "noticing," which nobody has expressed an issue with, and what Giuliani did in making stupid comments on a nationally broadcast podcast, which is what the actual topic is here.

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

I don’t disagree that Rudy’s comments were ill advised

Then stop there.

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

but Wie’s outrage rings a bit hollow given that she showed off her underwear on an international forum in the first place.

No, she didn't.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Giuliani's comments may pretty accurately reflect his conversations with Limbaugh through the round, two old codgers playing golf with an attractive and talented young woman, sniggering when her back is turned. But this is also a conversation that should have remained in the golf cart, not to be repeated for public consumption.

Bingo.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 2/21/2021 at 6:10 AM, CarlSpackler said:

Miss (Mrs.?) Wie

Ms. Wie

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Giuliani's comments may pretty accurately reflect his conversations with Limbaugh through the round, two old codgers playing golf with an attractive and talented young woman, sniggering when her back is turned.   But this is also a conversation that should have remained in the golf cart, not to be repeated for public consumption.

This doesn't apply to Giuliani or Limbaugh. When you're evil at the core this isn't something you care about. But for the rest of us I'd say the kind of things Giuliani recounted shouldn't be said in the golf cart either.

• Like 1

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, mdl said:

Ms. Wie

Mrs. Wie-West

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Mrs. Wie-West

Ha. Well played. I'd still argue for Ms. Wie-West. Miss/Mrs is super patriarchal.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Some of the comments are cracking me up. I mean even if he did catch sight of a bit of underwear (he didn't) who over age of 15 gets 'underwear' giggles like he did? 

He must faint if he ever visited a beach in summer for a lack of blood to keep up his brain function.

What a juvenile turd. This 'joke' says everything about who RG is and nothing about Wie. I am picturing Beavis and Butthead.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

I am picturing Beavis and Butthead.

Beavis and Butthead were actually funny though.

• Funny 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

8 hours ago, iacas said:

No, she didn't.

I’m curious.  Who dressed her?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I remember making a comment about the amazing natural wonder that are the legs of Michelle Wie on this forum, so I can't judge much.  But, Limbaugh and Guiliani are gross people, so I'm not surprised Wie is horrified. It's like her dad's creepy racist older friend was drooling over her at a bbq.

"Witty golf quote."

Note: This thread is 1155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!