IGNORED

Giuliani Tells a 'Joke' Michelle Wie Reacts

12 hours ago, David in FL said:

We’ve come to a sad place when people can’t distinguish the difference.

Yup.  We've been there for years, and it's only getting worse.  That's why I usually have enough sense to abstain from these discussions, which I will now do.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude. That’s only a few steps away from “that woman was asking for it, did you see how she was dressed?” Actually that’s basically what you just said.

If you had read her response, you might have noticed that she discusses her choice of attire, the Nike skirts with shorts built in.  These "skorts" are pretty common for women golfers of all ages, inc

There’s a difference between admiring how attractive another person is and simply being lewd. This is pretty skeevy.

Posted Images

12 hours ago, David in FL said:

The difference comes when an old pervert thinks that its appropriate to discuss the attractive woman's underwear on a nationally distributed podcast.  And again, Wie has always worn "skorts" as far as I remember, so the only underwear visible was in Mr. Giuliani's fevered imagination.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, David in FL said:

I think we are discussing the difference. 

• Like 1

There's a difference between noticing an attractive person, and making a lewd comment about their attire to a wide, public audience.

There are many sports where athletic attire is revealing of the athlete's figure (men and women both). Swimming, diving, gymnastics, women's tennis, MMA/boxing, track and field, soccer, basketball, beach volleyball, volleyball, women's golf, football, and many more.

Maybe Michelle Wie wears skorts because it is the most comfortable thing for her to play golf in, and has nothing to do with wanting to look attractive to any men or women who happen to be watching her play.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Maybe Michelle Wie wears skorts because it is the most comfortable thing for her to play golf in, and has nothing to do with wanting to look attractive to any men or women who happen to be watching her play.

I think Wie wants to look attractive, which is fine. That doesn't give the men the right to act inappropriate and creepy. 

2 hours ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

Yup.  We've been there for years, and it's only getting worse.  That's why I usually have enough sense to abstain from these discussions, which I will now do.

Yep.

You’d think I would know better.  😀

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

The difference comes when an old pervert thinks that its appropriate to discuss the attractive woman's underwear on a nationally distributed podcast.  And again, Wie has always worn "skorts" as far as I remember, so the only underwear visible was in Mr. Giuliani's fevered imagination.  

I don’t disagree that Rudy’s comments were ill advised, but Wie’s outrage rings a bit hollow given that she showed off her underwear on an international forum in the first place.

• Like 1

In re-reading the initial article, it seems that this conversation was part of a larger discussion, remembrances of the late Rush Limbaugh.  The photo shows Giuliani and Limbaugh in a golf cart together, with Wie walking nearby.  Giuliani's comments may pretty accurately reflect his conversations with Limbaugh through the round, two old codgers playing golf with an attractive and talented young woman, sniggering when her back is turned.   But this is also a conversation that should have remained in the golf cart, not to be repeated for public consumption.

38 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Yep.

You’d think I would know better.  😀

I don’t disagree that Rudy’s comments were ill advised, but Wie’s outrage rings a bit hollow given that she showed off her underwear on an international forum in the first place.

See, what you don't need to do is add the "but..." When you do that, you're trying to justify what Rudy did/said. There is no justification for that.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

a conversation that should have remained in the golf cart, not to be repeated for public consumption.

This

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tristanhilton85 said:

See, what you don't need to do is add the "but..." When you do that, you're trying to justify what Rudy did/said. There is no justification for that.

And again, Wie was almost certainly wearing a skort, no underwear on display for anyone.  And now I'm sorry, but I'm picturing Beavis and Butthead sitting in a golf cart, smoking cigars, and whispering to each other about women's underwear.

• Funny 1

• Administrator
3 hours ago, SEMI_Duffer said:

Perhaps you could try to have enough sense to understand the difference between "looking" and "noticing," which nobody has expressed an issue with, and what Giuliani did in making stupid comments on a nationally broadcast podcast, which is what the actual topic is here.

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

I don’t disagree that Rudy’s comments were ill advised

Then stop there.

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

but Wie’s outrage rings a bit hollow given that she showed off her underwear on an international forum in the first place.

No, she didn't.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Giuliani's comments may pretty accurately reflect his conversations with Limbaugh through the round, two old codgers playing golf with an attractive and talented young woman, sniggering when her back is turned. But this is also a conversation that should have remained in the golf cart, not to be repeated for public consumption.

Bingo.

On 2/21/2021 at 6:10 AM, CarlSpackler said:

Miss (Mrs.?) Wie

Ms. Wie

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Giuliani's comments may pretty accurately reflect his conversations with Limbaugh through the round, two old codgers playing golf with an attractive and talented young woman, sniggering when her back is turned.   But this is also a conversation that should have remained in the golf cart, not to be repeated for public consumption.

This doesn't apply to Giuliani or Limbaugh. When you're evil at the core this isn't something you care about. But for the rest of us I'd say the kind of things Giuliani recounted shouldn't be said in the golf cart either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Mrs. Wie-West

Ha. Well played. I'd still argue for Ms. Wie-West. Miss/Mrs is super patriarchal.

Some of the comments are cracking me up. I mean even if he did catch sight of a bit of underwear (he didn't) who over age of 15 gets 'underwear' giggles like he did? 

He must faint if he ever visited a beach in summer for a lack of blood to keep up his brain function.

What a juvenile turd. This 'joke' says everything about who RG is and nothing about Wie. I am picturing Beavis and Butthead.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

I am picturing Beavis and Butthead.

Beavis and Butthead were actually funny though.

• Funny 1

I remember making a comment about the amazing natural wonder that are the legs of Michelle Wie on this forum, so I can't judge much.  But, Limbaugh and Guiliani are gross people, so I'm not surprised Wie is horrified. It's like her dad's creepy racist older friend was drooling over her at a bbq.