Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I’m not sure where to post this??? I’ve bought a lot of golf clubs etc on eBay, recently bought a callaway epic sz 9’ driver head only from “deesgolfsales” for $160 usa. Description said scratches normal wear and rear, sounds ok except it arrives with a large dent on the sole. Dees said after I asked for a return that I should of asked for more photos, if deesgolsales had put an honest description I would not of bought the driver head. So why do I need to ask for more photos, eBay said after the eBay investigation I’m not getting a refund from the “eBay money back guaranteed refund” which covers the if what you buy doesn’t match the sellers description. The seller said I had the head for a month and who knows what I did with it, I asked for a return 2 days after I received it. I live in New Zealand and forward ship from Portland to NZ, besides I have a month to claim but that doesn’t appear to apply if you don’t live in the USA..  USA sellers don’t have to be honest with the description of what they want to sell, I wish now I bought from callaway preowned, I’m not buying on eBay anymore as this is not the first time I’ve been shafted on eBay....


 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • iacas changed the title to Sellers on eBay
  • Moderator
9 hours ago, Colins69 said:

I’m not sure where to post this??? I’ve bought a lot of golf clubs etc on eBay, recently bought a callaway epic sz 9’ driver head only from “deesgolfsales” for $160 usa. Description said scratches normal wear and rear, sounds ok except it arrives with a large dent on the sole. Dees said after I asked for a return that I should of asked for more photos, if deesgolsales had put an honest description I would not of bought the driver head. So why do I need to ask for more photos, eBay said after the eBay investigation I’m not getting a refund from the “eBay money back guaranteed refund” which covers the if what you buy doesn’t match the sellers description. The seller said I had the head for a month and who knows what I did with it, I asked for a return 2 days after I received it. I live in New Zealand and forward ship from Portland to NZ, besides I have a month to claim but that doesn’t appear to apply if you don’t live in the USA..  USA sellers don’t have to be honest with the description of what they want to sell, I wish now I bought from callaway preowned, I’m not buying on eBay anymore as this is not the first time I’ve been shafted on eBay....


 

That stinks. They should give you a return/refund. I buy and sell clubs all the time on eBay and that is not acceptable. Did you give negative feedback? Usually that prompts a better investigation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@Colins69 You should open a "Return Request" and then if the seller disputes the request, 
you then will open a dispute.
When you open the dispute, indicate the reason "Dent" along with "Item not as described"
and provide a few pics of the dent. ( I usually include a screenshot of the listings, description )
Ebay is very good about protecting Buyers and will force the Seller to accept the return.
The process will take a few days.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, Colins69 said:

I’m not sure where to post this??? I’ve bought a lot of golf clubs etc on eBay, recently bought a callaway epic sz 9’ driver head only from “deesgolfsales” for $160 usa. Description said scratches normal wear and rear, sounds ok except it arrives with a large dent on the sole. Dees said after I asked for a return that I should of asked for more photos, if deesgolsales had put an honest description I would not of bought the driver head. So why do I need to ask for more photos, eBay said after the eBay investigation I’m not getting a refund from the “eBay money back guaranteed refund” which covers the if what you buy doesn’t match the sellers description. The seller said I had the head for a month and who knows what I did with it, I asked for a return 2 days after I received it. I live in New Zealand and forward ship from Portland to NZ, besides I have a month to claim but that doesn’t appear to apply if you don’t live in the USA..  USA sellers don’t have to be honest with the description of what they want to sell, I wish now I bought from callaway preowned, I’m not buying on eBay anymore as this is not the first time I’ve been shafted on eBay....


 

 

19 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

That stinks. They should give you a return/refund. I buy and sell clubs all the time on eBay and that is not acceptable. Did you give negative feedback? Usually that prompts a better investigation.

I too, have ebay'ed both purchased and sold many clubs. 

I've only ever had one issue. That was probably 10 years ago and it got resolved without nearly the rig-a-more-all that it appears you are going through. 

To be completely honest, I like buying and selling on ebay. I often like to try out clubs and not sure if I actually want to stick them in the bag. A good example when Taylormade came out with the GAPR clubs. I thought "That's interesting, I'd like to try one for a while." So, I waited around and eventually what I wanted showed up used on ebay. I think I spend $120 or so. Then after trying if for a several weeks. I wasn't interested in keeping it. I think I sold it for exactly what I paid for it. Yeah, I was out the shipping costs, and some tax, but I thought it was worth it to have an extended opportunity to test the club. 

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. 
Please don't think all of us Americans are dishonest jerks.... A few of us aren't. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, boogielicious said:

That stinks. They should give you a return/refund. I buy and sell clubs all the time on eBay and that is not acceptable. Did you give negative feedback? Usually that prompts a better investigation.

I did give negative feedback, I told the truth that deesgolfsales said scratches when it's got a big dent....

6 hours ago, Club Rat said:

@Colins69 You should open a "Return Request" and then if the seller disputes the request, 
you then will open a dispute.
When you open the dispute, indicate the reason "Dent" along with "Item not as described"
and provide a few pics of the dent. ( I usually include a screenshot of the listings, description )
Ebay is very good about protecting Buyers and will force the Seller to accept the return.
The process will take a few days.

I opened a return dispute, eBay closed it quickly in my view... Ebay stinks...

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

 

I too, have ebay'ed both purchased and sold many clubs. 

I've only ever had one issue. That was probably 10 years ago and it got resolved without nearly the rig-a-more-all that it appears you are going through. 

To be completely honest, I like buying and selling on ebay. I often like to try out clubs and not sure if I actually want to stick them in the bag. A good example when Taylormade came out with the GAPR clubs. I thought "That's interesting, I'd like to try one for a while." So, I waited around and eventually what I wanted showed up used on ebay. I think I spend $120 or so. Then after trying if for a several weeks. I wasn't interested in keeping it. I think I sold it for exactly what I paid for it. Yeah, I was out the shipping costs, and some tax, but I thought it was worth it to have an extended opportunity to test the club. 

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. 
Please don't think all of us Americans are dishonest jerks.... A few of us aren't. 

I'm sorry I'm down on the USA but after getting shafted by eBay and PayPal it's left a very sour taste in my mouth, I also buy clubs online to try and if I don't like them I sell them online. So far I'm in front because I research the club and say why it suits and A B or C grade player, fortunately most don't do that so I can buy cheap. Appreciate your kind words, cheers Colin

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, klineka said:

Can you file a dispute with your credit card company? 

It seems not, I spoke with my bank this morning and they said deal with the seller.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also am sorry to hear of your experience with eBay. I have bought a couple of sets of clubs from eBay and have had good experiences both times. But, that said, eBay is still very much a buyer beware sales site. I think it's especially chancy when you're shipping to Portland and then on to NZ. I am still sorry for your loss but maybe you can donate the club to a kid's or senior's organization and get some feeling of reward out of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sold a driver on eBay last year. It was in good shape when I dropped it off at the post office. Upon delivery, the buyer claimed there was a small dent in the crown. There were no dents when I shipped it, so either it occurred in transit (most likely) or the buyer dented it upon receipt (doubt it). The buyer asked for a refund, and I asked him for some pictures of the dent, pictures of the box, etc - just to make sure he wasn't trying to pull one on me. He accused me of lying and selling a damaged club and filed a dispute with eBay. They issued him a refund and had him ship the club back to me. I would have refunded his money anyway, but was trying to get as much info on how the damage may have occurred.

I am surprised eBay did not rule in your favor. They always seem to be biased towards the buyers rather than sellers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, gray said:

I sold a driver on eBay last year. It was in good shape when I dropped it off at the post office. Upon delivery, the buyer claimed there was a small dent in the crown. There were no dents when I shipped it, so either it occurred in transit (most likely) or the buyer dented it upon receipt (doubt it). The buyer asked for a refund, and I asked him for some pictures of the dent, pictures of the box, etc - just to make sure he wasn't trying to pull one on me. He accused me of lying and selling a damaged club and filed a dispute with eBay. They issued him a refund and had him ship the club back to me. I would have refunded his money anyway, but was trying to get as much info on how the damage may have occurred.

I am surprised eBay did not rule in your favor. They always seem to be biased towards the buyers rather than sellers. 

I bought a driver head that was in a box, not possible to be damaged in transit unless it was crushed flat. I sent the seller a photo showing the dent, I’m obviously amazed eBay in my case didn’t investigate the claim. All correspondence with the seller is by the eBay “eBay” app, so they have access to what was written between us. Buying a callaway epic driver in NZ costs a $1000nz so to buy one for a third of that I expected scratch and marks on it, I don’t expect dents and dishonest description for a jerk...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked for a return 2 days after I received it."

Just wondering, why not 10 minutes after receiving it?

I once ordere two LH drivers from 3ballsgolf on ebay (I'm in Australia). When they arrived, one had a massive dent in it and the other one was right handed.

I sent them an email saying I didn't feel comfortable with these things flying around the world again. They refunded me and said I could keep them.

Don't bag ebay - bag ebay SELLERS who are dishonest. Ebay is a fantastic place to buy and sell golf equipment.

"besides I have a month to claim but that doesn’t appear to apply if you don’t live in the USA"

Nonsense. Of course you have a right to claim.

The seller said I had the head for a month and who knows what I did with it

More BS. You said that you put a claim in 2 days after. 

If you contact ebay about this episode there is no way they won't find in your favour if just the above quotation is true.

Edited by Shorty
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 9:10 AM, Shorty said:

I asked for a return 2 days after I received it."

Just wondering, why not 10 minutes after receiving it?

I once ordere two LH drivers from 3ballsgolf on ebay (I'm in Australia). When they arrived, one had a massive dent in it and the other one was right handed.

I sent them an email saying I didn't feel comfortable with these things flying around the world again. They refunded me and said I could keep them.

Don't bag ebay - bag ebay SELLERS who are dishonest. Ebay is a fantastic place to buy and sell golf equipment.

"besides I have a month to claim but that doesn’t appear to apply if you don’t live in the USA"

Nonsense. Of course you have a right to claim.

The seller said I had the head for a month and who knows what I did with it

More BS. You said that you put a claim in 2 days after. 

If you contact ebay about this episode there is no way they won't find in your favour if just the above quotation is true.

Well I'm very happy to say finally eBay did the investigation and found I was correct, i.e. the seller didn't include the dents in his description and I will receive a 100% refund. Thanks eBay, so to get a refund I had a serious problem in achieving that. The amount of work I had to do inside the eBay app was crazy, so many links to go through to find the appeal link. Then I STILL have to complain to customer service that it's been more than 2 weeks since my appeal and I would like to know what's going on? Within hours of this eBay say I'm getting a refund, coincidence or eBay still playing games with me. You be the judge... how long to get the cash in my bank?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
32 minutes ago, Colins69 said:

Within hours of this eBay say I'm getting a refund, coincidence or eBay still playing games with me. You be the judge... how long to get the cash in my bank?

If you used Pay Pal the money might be credited to your account.  Then you have to go through all the back alleyways of Pay Pal to get your money sent to you.

Edited by Double Mocha Man
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

55 minutes ago, Colins69 said:

Well I'm very happy to say finally eBay did the investigation and found I was correct, i

Excellent news!

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
1 hour ago, Colins69 said:

Well I'm very happy to say finally eBay did the investigation and found I was correct, i.e. the seller didn't include the dents in his description and I will receive a 100% refund.

That sounds more like the eBay with which I've had experience.

1 hour ago, Colins69 said:

... so to get a refund I had a serious problem in achieving that. The amount of work I had to do inside the eBay app was crazy, so many links to go through to find the appeal link.

Yeah... you did it the hard way.  All you had to do was initiate a return and, for the reason, check the box that indicated the item was not as described.  Then, if the seller balked, open a ticket with eBay, use the magic phrase "Significantly Not As Described," and explain in what way(s) it was SNAD.

I've had to do that twice, because sellers balked at taking something back, and both times it was handled painlessly.

Sorry I did not see this thread originally.  Looks like I maybe could have saved you some angst.

Edited by SEMI_Duffer
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2021 at 12:08 PM, SEMI_Duffer said:

That sounds more like the eBay with which I've had experience.

Yeah... you did it the hard way.  All you had to do was initiate a return and, for the reason, check the box that indicated the item was not as described.  Then, if the seller balked, open a ticket with eBay, use the magic phrase "Significantly Not As Described," and explain in what way(s) it was SNAD.

I've had to do that twice, because sellers balked at taking something back, and both times it was handled painlessly.

Sorry I did not see this thread originally.  Looks like I maybe could have saved you some angst.

Yeah transaction was made problematic by eBay not taking care in the first instance. Deesgolfsales said their description was correct lol eBay accepted that without checking anything, I sent a photo of the sole showing two dents one quite large. Deesgolfsales said I’d had it for a month and damaged it, truth was I’d had it two days and had a good look at it until I was bragging about the good deal I’d got hahaha. He loved telling me I’d been done over, until my 3rd-ish try at appeal where I got a response... so next time I’m asking for more photos???

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Colins69 said:

Yeah transaction was made problematic by eBay not taking care in the first instance. Deesgolfsales said their description was correct lol eBay accepted that without checking anything, I sent a photo of the sole showing two dents one quite large. Deesgolfsales said I’d had it for a month and damaged it, truth was I’d had it two days and had a good look at it until I was bragging about the good deal I’d got hahaha. He loved telling me I’d been done over, until my 3rd-ish try at appeal where I got a response... so next time I’m asking for more photos???

Sellers of drivers on eBay should always provide photos from every angle.  And of shafts and grips.  Many, many sellers will tell you the exact flaws, and show them, so you can make an informed decision.  This guy was quite sleazy.

Is Deesgolfsales still around?  Perhaps I'll contact them on the site to inquire if they have any dented drivers for sale.  Sleaziness cannot operate in a vacuum.

Edited by Double Mocha Man
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasfeb21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Which watches do you use for this?
    • Someone posted a photo of Sleepy Hollow's 16th on the golf subreddit and I never realized there is a donut like indentation in the middle of the green. It's almost like a miniature golf hole.
    • Day 184: Didn’t intend to play today, but when I got to the course, it was empty. Hit some balls working on center-face contact and the course was still empty. So I played 18 solo. It was quite windy and seeming making all the long holes longer. Shot an 84, but can’t post solo rounds. Finally saw someone on 10 when I was finished.    I went back to my car and noticed the basket of balls I left was still there along with an alignment stick I left behind. So I hit a few more to get the ‘swing out from the top feel’ back down. Playing tomorrow morning again.
    • Day 12 (4/12/21) - More "Steady Head" drills today, without a club. I'm focusing on this aspect of the full swing for right now, but have begun the "Weight Forward" drills also. 
    • Well...Langer is an anchorer with an asterisk.😉
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Benedict
      Benedict
      (31 years old)
    2. blazersunited
      blazersunited
      (52 years old)
    3. Cld1223
      Cld1223
      (43 years old)
    4. ConradXXX
      ConradXXX
      (91 years old)
    5. CR McDivot
      CR McDivot
      (68 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...