IGNORED

Anyone Miss Traditional Golf Attire?

ncates00
Note: This thread is 1135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks, @ncates00, for a light discussion item during the Mitten's recess from golf.  At 68, I continue with the dated collared shirt, plain shorts/pants, USGA hat "look".  Fashion has passed me by.  If I attempted to wear what Ricky Fowler and others wear, I suspect I would look a bit ridiculous.  I don't miss the old look, it never left as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was actually thinking about this the other day! Most people I see on the course have a polo and khakis/shorts, and a pullover or even a hoodie in the colder months. 

But I think it would be hilarious to show up to golf practice one day in knickers and a sweater and tie. The guys would definitely get a kick out of that!

• Like 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

38 minutes ago, dagolfer18 said:

I was actually thinking about this the other day! Most people I see on the course have a polo and khakis/shorts, and a pullover or even a hoodie in the colder months. 

But I think it would be hilarious to show up to golf practice one day in knickers and a sweater and tie. The guys would definitely get a kick out of that!

Go for it!  Make a name for yourself.  Become a high school legend in your own time.  😃

• Like 1

I am sort of easy on this, everything changes with the times. The only things I dislike are wearing a hat backwards and baggy pants. Also not a fan of collarless shirts.

• Like 2

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 8:02 PM, pusher said:

You're not on safari. You're playing golf.

It is obvious you have never played with me on a day the driver isn't cooperating. I see parts of the course the head greens keeper didn't know existed.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

I have noticed quite a few ladies wearing yoga pants/tanks or super short shorts/skirts to play golf. I personally think that is inappropriate. My club sent out a newsletter last week to remind members of the dress code but I am not sure if they will really enforce it. 
I also think some guys are wearing pants that are waaayyyyyy too tight, they cannot even walk right...pleated slacks are a bit baggy but it is better than tight imo...

Edited by FlyingAce
  • Like 1

My normal outfit is a collared T-shirt and either formal pants (cotton/khaki) or khaki type knee length shorts (rarely).  I believe this is what people should wear all the time.  I really dislike what I see on a lot of these youtube videos of people golfing in track pants, jeans etc.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I’m 66 but I try to stay contemporary and well dressed. Flat front slimmer profile slacks( no shit stoppers or hip huggers), a nice silky polo( no double knit tit hugger), a normal cap( no flat brim gang member), and a dressier leather shoe( no foam boardwalk strollers).

Note: This thread is 1135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!