IGNORED

From 90 to 80 - How Many Months?

Thank you all for the amazing responses. Hey @Darkfrog today I actually tried the mental concept for uphill/downhill putts after reading your post - thank you, that helped and gave me something to focus on! Until now I was just putting without any strategy.

The comments here have become so valuable, that I will come back to them regularly as I practice.

On 2/25/2021 at 1:46 PM, StuM said:

I am curious if there is a typo in this

Sadly no typo. With around 4-5 foot putts I have a disastrous distance control. I putt either way too weak/strong and it gets further away or rolls in a different direction, then I need another two putts to get back. If I hit it close then I often miss the second putt by a hair and end up with an unfortunate third.

That is going to change - partly thanks to you and all the other comments here!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Nave said:

That is going to change - partly thanks to you and all the other comments here!

I like you determination.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nave said:

Thank you all for the amazing responses. Hey @Darkfrog today I actually tried the mental concept for uphill/downhill putts after reading your post - thank you, that helped and gave me something to focus on! Until now I was just putting without any strategy.

Glad you tried it, and hope it works well, but of course, it is very feel/thought based and we all perceive these things a little differently. I've gotten good results using that concept.

There are also more technical ways to work on distance control - there is a thread that was started about the Blast Motion golf training aid, and how to use it for putting stroke. I am planning to try this out after the time change next month when there is more daylight in the evenings to get out to practice greens at a local course.

• Informative 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.