IGNORED

Tiger Woods in Car Crash in California

Herkimer
Note: This thread is 1112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Thanks.  But good point.  I need to get back on topic.

Funniest word in the whole thread.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 2/24/2021 at 12:08 AM, nevets88 said:

Don’t cars have a black box?

Maybe they do?

'Black box' in Tiger Woods' SUV could yield clues about cause of wreck

Edited by ChetlovesMer
punctuation

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Having no memory of the crash is a huge concern for me as a fan, though I myself have never been in a serious car accident before so maybe that's not uncommon. Hopefully they're not hiding head trauma from us of any kind.

Constantine

21 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Maybe they do?

'Black box' in Tiger Woods' SUV could yield clues about cause of wreck

I didn't see it in the article, but my understanding is that info provided by the EDR (black box) is available only to the owner of the vehicle and the manufacturer.  Probably one and the same in this case.  Police can get a warrant to access it.  We, the public, may not learn what was recorded.

A question on my mind:  Not being a doctor, Woods said he has no recall of the crash, yet he was conscious throughout it.  I thought that when one passes out during an event they might not have a recollection of it.  But in Woods' case??? 

18 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Having no memory of the crash is a huge concern for me as a fan, though I myself have never been in a serious car accident before so maybe that's not uncommon. Hopefully they're not hiding head trauma from us of any kind.

I've never been through anything that traumatic, but I broke my wrist a while back, apparently I wasn't watching where I was going and missed a step down.  Even with that relatively minor mishap, I have never had any memory of the actual trip and fall.  I remember walking out, and I remember finding myself face-down with a sore ankle and a REALLY sore wrist.  I don't think a little memory loss around the actual incident is all that unusual.

However, they're completely within their rights to withhold ANY medical details from us.  Its none of our business whether Tiger banged his head, was knocked unconscious, whatever, we simply don't need to know.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

16 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I've never been through anything that traumatic, but I broke my wrist a while back, apparently I wasn't watching where I was going and missed a step down.  Even with that relatively minor mishap, I have never had any memory of the actual trip and fall.  I remember walking out, and I remember finding myself face-down with a sore ankle and a REALLY sore wrist.  I don't think a little memory loss around the actual incident is all that unusual.

However, they're completely within their rights to withhold ANY medical details from us.  Its none of our business whether Tiger banged his head, was knocked unconscious, whatever, we simply don't need to know.

Appreciate it. Yep, they owe us nothing. Still, as a fan I'm concerned when I read about blacking out and memory loss. The first responders did say he was responsive when they found him so that's probably a good sign here anyway. 

Constantine

29 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I don't think a little memory loss around the actual incident is all that unusual.

Not a medical professional, but similar experience. I was in an accident on my bike about two years ago. I was riding home from work and got doored (cyclist's nightmare) by someone getting out of a parked car. I don't have much memory of the actual accident other than what I was told by witnesses. All I really recall is sitting on the curb and talking to the person at fault (who was terrified and very apologetic). I wasn't really aware that I was injured at the time. I remember after 5-10 minutes I got on my bike, which was only lightly damaged, and rode home. I noticed blood dripping out of my glove on the porch opening the front door and came to the realization that I was injured. I think I was in shock, and maybe that's why I didn't recall what happened. I went to the ER right after that.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Memory loss from trauma is not uncommon, even if the person was awake. Can never know for sure what he remembers or not of course, but if he doesn’t remember driving off the road, maybe it’s related to what  caused the accident.

Is there some kind of article showing where he ran off, what he potentially hit before the car stopped rolling?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 minute ago, Zeph said:

Memory loss from trauma is not uncommon, even if the person was awake. Can never know for sure what he remembers or not of course, but if he doesn’t remember driving off the road, maybe it’s related to what  caused the accident.

Is there some kind of article showing where he ran off, what he potentially hit before the car stopped rolling?

Earlier articles said he hit the median curb, plowed through a wooden "Welcome to Palos Verdes" sign on the median, then hit the curb across the Southbound lane.  Just missed a telephone pole, rolled, hit an 8" diameter tree... came to rest.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’ve broken my collarbone training for cyclocross. I remember the aftermath, severe pain and nausea, but don’t recall the actual crash other than waking up on the ground. It happened very fast.

When I was 13, I broke my ankle vaulting in gymnastics. I missed the end of the board and hit the horse chest first at full speed. I woke up quite a while later with people standing over me, my leg wrapped in ice and my instructor taking my pulse. I don’t have any memory of the vault. I think pain takes precedent and the endorphins kick in.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'm kind of tempted to look in the dashcam subreddit, see if there is any coverage of that spot, not of Woods' incident, but other crashes.

I've never been in any kind of serious accident either, but if this happened to me, I guess I would be pretty interested to say the least in looking at the coverage from my dashcam, assuming the memory card didn't get damaged.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Yes it’s possible.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Maybe Google Maps and similar should have a feature like Waze does with radar traps. You are approaching an area known for accidents. Please proceed cautiously. Maybe it’s already a thing and I don’t know about it. 

Steve

Have not gone into this thread except initially and now, so I don't know the content but has anybody wondered if he was on the phone ?  Ima tell you, before I banned myself from phone usage in most situations while driving, talking on the phone was about as distracting as anything;  like blowing thru a stoplight without a clue in the world.

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Maybe Google Maps and similar should have a feature like Waze does with radar traps. You are approaching an area known for accidents. Please proceed cautiously. Maybe it’s already a thing and I don’t know about it. 

I'm sure it's doable.  If it's not already in effect in some places. My old TomTom informed me of radar traps, being over the speed limit, and red light cameras.

The Taconic Pkwy in NY has some tortuous uphill and downhill turns although not a local street, people are passing each other on a road made for 1930s jalopies (I kid you not, the parkway was built in the 20s). It's incidents like these that make me think I was crazy for passing people at 75 mph on one of these turns. I'm going to take those turns a little slower now.

Steve

Note: This thread is 1112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!