Jump to content
IGNORED

Tiger Woods in Car Crash in California


Herkimer

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

Sincerely hoping he's OK.

The photos of the car might be deceptive. He was driving what is, to all intents and purposes, a Hyundai Santa Fe. The strength is in the internal cage, if you will, that protects the occupants - the "safety cell" like most modern cars. But the panels on those cars are flimsy and thin - I know, I rented one, leaned against the wing and heard and felt it flex and bend inwards and was grateful it popped back into shape, and I'm not an especially big guy. If you look at the wreck the passenger cabin seems intact, even if it had to be cut open to remove him. In other words, modern cars are remarkable when it comes to safety, and hopefully this one did its job. I sincerely hope his injuries are not too bad.

Quite clearly a Genesis GV80, given the Genesis advertising all over it. I'll bet it's as strong as any car you can buy.

Edited by Shorty
Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Dude.

Dude, what? I was responding to the poster who implied he gets in his car loopy, not Tiger Woods. We don't know what the cause of the crash was and I'm not speculating. But, anyone acting like getting in a car half asleep is somehow acceptable behavior needs to be set straight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


My thoughts are that his back is still in pain and he's on painkillers.  No problem.  Shouldn't be driving though.  But it's easy to think you're fine.  Haven't checked out the map yet but wondering if he was headed to the airport to fly home to Florida, in a rental Hyundai or a sponsor-supplied Genesis.  Hoping for a full recovery... my thoughts are with him.

Edited by Double Mocha Man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Quite clearly a Genesis GV80, given the Genesis advertising all over it. I'll bet it's as strong as any car you can buy.

My apologies, a close cousin of the Hyundai Palisade not the Santa Fe, built on the adjacent line in Korea.

And, as I said, I think modern cars are remarkable in terms of safety. With the exception of the likes of Volvo, automakers of yesteryear tended not to dwell too much on safety in their commercials - often for a very good reason. These days, they rarely flag safety either, unless it's to praise crash-avoiding tech. We made cars safer, and that's a good thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


58 minutes ago, Rippy_72 said:

I place no credence on JD Power.  Germans make the safest cars.  Hundai is shit

That is pure racist crap. The sort of BS people said about Kia in 1980. What people said about Japanese cars in 1965.

I'll bet you also say a Lexus is a Toyota Camry.

 

 

Edited by Shorty
  • Booooooooo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Administrator
50 minutes ago, PeaceFrogg said:

I was responding to the poster who implied he gets in his car loopy, not Tiger Woods.

Right, you were accusing another member here of driving recklessly because he hadn't had his coffee yet.

44 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

My thoughts are that his back is still in pain and he's on painkillers.  No problem.  Shouldn't be driving though.  But it's easy to think you're fine.  Haven't checked out the map yet but wondering if he was headed to the airport to fly home to Florida, in a rental Hyundai or a sponsor-supplied Genesis.  Hoping for a full recovery... my thoughts are with him.

He was on his way to film a commercial for Discovery, which he also did yesterday.

Maybe not a commercial, but content or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

48 minutes ago, Shorty said:

That is pure racist crap.

Dude. Calm down. Just because he said what he did doesn't make him a racist. It's his opinion that German cars are better. Another person may say Japanese cars are the best. Yet another may say Italian or die. I see nothing racist here. Get a grip and come off it. Quick being so quick to pull the race card over a simple statement by a person you likely don't even know. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
56 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I'm really shook. IDK what else to say. Not in control of my emotions right now.

Dude, as silly as it seems, I’m a little choked up to think there’s even a remote possibility of him not playing competitively again

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator

I think they are saying in the news conference right now that the Jaws of Life were not used. They used a pry bar and an axe?

Whatever. The Jaws of Life are just a strong way of bending metal. I don't know why that was such a prominent thing. It's just a tool.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, PeaceFrogg said:

Dude, what? I was responding to the poster who implied he gets in his car loopy, not Tiger Woods. We don't know what the cause of the crash was and I'm not speculating. But, anyone acting like getting in a car half asleep is somehow acceptable behavior needs to be set straight. 

I was responding to the Jim Nantz interview video. Not the crash. Did you forget YOUR meds?

Edited by GolfLug
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

The way I found this out was startling. Was looking at videos and photos of him with Dwayne Wade and Jada Pinkett Smith, having a fun time, and then the Twitter sidebar had Tiger Woods all over it and I thought the worse. I really hate that Twitter sidebar. I installed an extension to remove it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

 

I think they are saying in the news conference right now that the Jaws of Life were not used. They used a pry bar and an axe?

Whatever. The Jaws of Life are just a strong way of bending metal. I don't know why that was such a prominent thing. It's just a tool.

 

Yeah. Regardless of what they used, it looks like a serious accident. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...