IGNORED

Tiger Woods in Car Crash in California

Herkimer
Note: This thread is 1108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I guess it varies, but what is the typical outcome when you see a car that looks like that after having rolled over?

He did shear off an 8" thick tree, they said in the presser.

Deputy Gonzalez is doing a great job.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I guess it varies, but what is the typical outcome when you see a car that looks like that after having rolled over?

I witnessed a couple of rollovers in the last ten years. One was a landscaping truck. The driver was not wearing a seatbelt and was extremely lucky because the truck kept rolling and he went out the window. I was right behind him when it happened on the highway. His tired blew then the truck lost control and rolled. He was in pretty good shape when I got to him.

The other was a rollover and it was on its roof. There was a a lady inside. I grabbed a blanket and crawled in the back window, which was gone. I told her to turn the car off. She was still in the seat with the seatbelt on upside down. I told her that we were going to wait for the fire department to come get her out. I stayed with her until they came. Her car looked like Tiger's.

• Like 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I think we're all holding our collective breaths and hoping he survives and recovers from this. Are there enough facts to support any guesses as to whether he comes back to golf or is this it? With his back and now this... I'm not optimistic. Of course, I want him to come back and win more, but part of me also wants him to hang it up and live out his days at peace with himself.

I’m wearing Victory Red polo and black pants tomorrow to the office in support

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

5 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

I’m wearing Victory Red polo and black pants tomorrow to the office in support

I’m working from home, but I will wear my nicer black sweat pants and red t-shirt. 

• Like 1

- Shane

2 hours ago, PeaceFrogg said:

Dude, what? I was responding to the poster who implied he gets in his car loopy, not Tiger Woods. We don't know what the cause of the crash was and I'm not speculating. But, anyone acting like getting in a car half asleep is somehow acceptable behavior needs to be set straight. 

No, he was saying that Tiger's look and demeanor in that interview are how he is before his first cup of coffee.  Take the L and let it go.

Edited by turtleback
  • Thumbs Up 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

I’m working from home, but I will wear my nicer black sweat pants and red t-shirt. 

Hahaha

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Jimmy Roberts says "Don't speculate but use your imagination." STFU Jimmy!

Love to hear him explain what the difference is.

Edited by turtleback
because the word explain only has one i, not 3.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

One can only hope that he recovers and gets back to something resembling normal. Being able to play competitively again, while I certainly hope it happens, would be a complete bonus at this point.

• Like 1

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

We still do not know the severity of the injuries correct? 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I REALLY wish they would stop talking about his "body being broken" on TGC. Stop speculating on whether this is the end of his competitive career. Let's just sit tight until we know more.

- Shane

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

We still do not know the severity of the injuries correct? 

Maybe?

2 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I REALLY wish they would stop talking about his "body being broken" on TGC. Stop speculating on whether this is the end of his competitive career. Let's just sit tight until we know more.

A part of me almost hopes it is. Maybe it'll force him to retire instead of clinging on for a long time. I'd almost selfishly only want him to come back if he's at least like 93% or something, and I don't know that he can be that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

A part of me almost hopes it is. Maybe it'll force him to retire instead of clinging on for a long time. I'd almost selfishly only want him to come back if he's at least like 93% or something, and I don't know that he can be that.

I don't know. I remember Arnie hanging on for a long time after he was no longer competitive. It was kinda cool seeing him out there playing even what you knew he had no chance. 

Plus, I never begrudge a guy if he wants to keep trying and keep plugging away trying to catch lightening in a bottle one more time. When Tom Watson came close at the British in 2009, I thought it was really captivating to watch. I feel Tiger should hang up his spikes when he's ready. It would be a shame in my opinion if a car accident forced his decision. 

Sounds like it was a good thing he was wearing his seatbelt. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

That certainly does not sound promising. 😥

- Shane

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

Sounds like he's got a LONG recovery ahead. Best of luck to him.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Tiger can come back to become the oldest to win the Masters. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

19 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Tiger can come back to become the oldest to win the Masters. 

Augusta National is very hilly.  Walking a practice round and then 4 rounds might be too much for him.  Never mind all the swings.

10 minutes ago, Herkimer said:

Augusta National is very hilly.  Walking a practice round and then 4 rounds might be too much for him.  Never mind all the swings.

I meant, come back in 2 years. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 1108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!