IGNORED

Tiger Woods in Car Crash in California

Herkimer
Note: This thread is 1087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I meant, come back in 2 years. 

I don't think he thought you meant this year. I think he thought you meant ever.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It sounds like a high energy crash, I hope he comes out of it with no serious permanent disability. Injuries that severe are going to take a lot of work in surgery and a lot of healing time and rehab. His poor family must be terrified for him.

Stevie T

• Administrator

tiger_car_on_truck.jpg

Kind of incredible how much the middle of the car is relatively intact.

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Maybe?

A part of me almost hopes it is. Maybe it'll force him to retire instead of clinging on for a long time. I'd almost selfishly only want him to come back if he's at least like 93% or something, and I don't know that he can be that.

1 hour ago, Beastie said:

It sounds like a high energy crash, I hope he comes out of it with no serious permanent disability. Injuries that severe are going to take a lot of work in surgery and a lot of healing time and rehab. His poor family must be terrified for him.

Let’s hope they are able to save both lower extremities. Depending on the severity of what they’re describing, loss of limb is an unfortunate possibility. This is tragic.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

1 hour ago, iacas said:

tiger_car_on_truck.jpg

Yeah, structurally build to be sacrificial. If this happens in an older model 15 years ago we would all be praying for his life instead of wondering if he will ever play golf again.

Hard to find a silver lining here, but really we oughta be thankful he ain't dead. 

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Let’s hope they are able to save both lower extremities. Depending on the severity of what they’re describing, loss of limb is an unfortunate possibility. This is tragic.

It's supposedly a broken ankle and a broken leg.

That hardly rises to the level of "loss of limb" IMO.

@Vinsk?

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's supposedly a broken ankle and a broken leg.

That hardly rises to the level of "loss of limb" IMO.

@Vinsk?

Yeah no. In fact an orthopedic surgeon I just had dinner with was telling me this surgery is pretty straightforward..at least from the information we have now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I shattered my right ankle (Trimalleolar fracture) last Feb, got bunch of hardware and was out playing full time by July. 

Had I broken my left (am right handed) I would still not have bothered to touch a club. 

Vishal S.

17 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Several years ago I directed a Subaru TV commercial.  It featured a gentleman who had been in a head-on crash in his Outback.  From the waist up he was fine... the airbag deployed and he was wearing his seatbelt.  There was intrusion into the footwell that damaged his legs and he was in a wheelchair. He was just happy to be alive.

• Thumbs Up 1

So lower leg crush injury. Femur not damaged. I imagine the vascular issues are of most concern. Perfusion therapy and bone repair. This takes time. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Don’t cars have a black box? I guess any info from that will be withheld pending completion of a formal investigation though. Maybe there was a dashcam as well, assuming the storage card is intact. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I heard somewhere that Tiger was running late because the valet was slow in getting the SUV to him.  Also, wondering if there was brake failure. That should be pretty easy to figure out. Police say there were no tire marks from braking.  Of course when you first jump the curb the vehicle is bouncing all around and your foot probably can no longer find the brake pedal.

5 hours ago, iacas said:

tiger_car_on_truck.jpg

The front took the main collision and the back parts maybe from rolling over or spinning. That's what cars these days are supposed to look like after a head-on crash.

Here's a shot from a crash test of the GV80 on Youtube going at 56 kmh/35 mph:

GV80.jpg

The front part up to the wheel crumbles pretty easily to delay the impact. I read somewhere that he was going at some speed, but not how fast. Not that this would necessarily tell us the speed at impact. As the video and image above shows, at just 56 km/h the front up the wheel is crushed, which is not too different from the photos of his car. They don't want the car to keep crumbling obviously, so after the parts that are designed to slow the car down has done their job, you will reach a final impact no matter which speed you got, and the faster you went that faster you stop. At higher speeds parts will be forced into the front seats, usually near the legs first.

Nothing seems to have hit the side of the car on the photo with any significant force.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

So lower leg crush injury

Pray for no RSD/CRPS!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Ugh.  The way I read that is that he has multiple fractures/breaks in both the tibia and fibula of the right leg...in both upper AND lower parts of both bones.  So is right leg, ankle and foot is f#$*ed.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Note: This thread is 1087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!