IGNORED

Video Game Thread

cipher

8 minutes ago, isukgolf said:

I believe you can put it in the vault, and let another character get it out.  What character did you pick, warlock, titan, or a hunter?

Probably not the best for a solo game. I picked the Hunter. Any game I pick I never like tank type players. Titan seem to be that. It would be either the Warlock or The Hunter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Probably not the best for a solo game. I picked the Hunter. Any game I pick I never like tank type players. Titan seem to be that. It would be either the Warlock or The Hunter. 

Hunter was the third character I made, and my least favorite. My playing style fits the Warlock the best, and the Titan second, so I'm glad that's the order I created characters in.

1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

I have it, and I enjoy it. It's pretty much Battlefield that has be reskinned for Star Wars, but it's well done regardless. There is single player content, even if there is no campaign, in the form of individual (i.e. not continuous) missions that you can play alone or in co-op mode.

We got it out for about an hour before Fallout 4 had to be played more. I made a total mess of chasing the Rebs on a speeder bike. Must be getting old.

42 minutes ago, jamo said:

Hunter was the third character I made, and my least favorite. My playing style fits the Warlock the best, and the Titan second, so I'm glad that's the order I created characters in.

I guess each character can use any weapon. I am not sure they are class specific or if one area gets more advantages or higher trends of getting drops for certain types. 

I've always been partial to sniper weapons and moving around a lot. 

6 hours ago, saevel25 said:

The very reason I originally selected a Hunter ... I feel they all shot the same, but the hunter is a bit harder to jump IMO.

I have all 3 around 315 light level on my WalmarkKlown account and 300 on Hunting_Wabbits ... yes I have two PS4 and accounts on Destiny ...

1 hour ago, isukgolf said:

The very reason I originally selected a Hunter ... I feel they all shot the same, but the hunter is a bit harder to jump IMO.

I have all 3 around 315 light level on my WalmarkKlown account and 300 on Hunting_Wabbits ... yes I have two PS4 and accounts on Destiny ..

I'm Saevel25 with 17 light level. ;)

8 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

We got it out for about an hour before Fallout 4 had to be played more. I made a total mess of chasing the Rebs on a speeder bike. Must be getting old.

Speeder bikes are hard. I have crashed into far too many trees...

So, now that the Oculus Rift is out. Sony looks to bring their own VR out later this year. Any of you excited about all this. I think Sony has a huge leg up on the competition being that they are a game making company. They have a strong base. They can afford to undercut the market. They have game developers already working on games. While OR seems to be in a situation where they are going to have a very limited number of games. It will initially be very expensive. 

From what I heard most people think the Sony VR will be in the $400 range. 

I am excited about how the mechanics of this works out in terms of game play. 

I have started playing more Indie games because they are easier to play for a little bit then walk away. I'm trying to not sit an play video games for hours and hours on end these days and if I load up Fallout 4 I'm easily looking at 3-6 hours of playing or more.  Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, DeathState, and just got Punch club. Fun diversions.

• 3 weeks later...

Started replaying the Uncharted Games again, taking a break from Fallout 4.  Forgot how much I loved playing these games and can't wait for the new one in April.

Already beat Drake's Fortune and Among Thieves and started Drake's Deception yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...

Any Hearthstone players here? I don't play it, watched the game play. Why is it so popular? The game play doesn't make it seem interesting. It's just a card game.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-so-good-about-Hearthstone

Nobody here plays Counter Strike? Wow.......

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Any Hearthstone players here? I don't play it, watched the game play. Why is it so popular? The game play doesn't make it seem interesting. It's just a card game.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-so-good-about-Hearthstone

that's kinda the point it's just a strategy card game. It doesn't require any quick thinking or anything like that.

Anyone play Dying Light.  Got my daughters copy the other day and started playing last night, very tough game.

Have my sons copy of Just Cause 3 but haven't started to play that one yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Picked up Doom and Uncharted 4 for the PS4.

Both games are awesome so far, the graphics are incredible.  

Uncharted may be the nicest looking game I've played.  The environments and attention to detail are outstanding.  It's like starring in your own Indiana Jones movie, Nathan Drake even makes the "Bad Dates" comment from Raiders of the Lost Ark and then chuckles about it.  I'm only into the 9th out of 22 chapters, but it is just fun to play.

As for Doom, I can still remember playing the original doom back in the day (1993).  Pretty straight forward FPS, except most times you have to stay on the move in order to survive the Demon onslaught.  There is a story, but man is it fun blasting demons to smithereens or cutting them in half with a chainsaw.  :-D    Add in the Glory Kills and it's a pretty fun way to spend some time when the weather sucks and you can't play golf.  

52 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Picked up Doom and Uncharted 4 for the PS4.

I picked up Doom. I never played the first one. So might as well jump in now :) 

I am planning on getting Uncharted 4 as soon as I get through Uncharted 1-3. I got the Uncharted PS4 bundle. 

I'm just waiting for Final Fantasy XV to come out later this year. 

• nevets88 changed the title to Video Game Thread