IGNORED

Video Game Thread

cipher

17 minutes ago, Let it Fly said:

Recently found a way to play original Sega Genesis games online, and I've been playing Road Rash non-stop.  Unfortunately NHL '95 seems to skip around a lot, so can't play that one...otherwise it was a great find!

I know exactly where in my mom's basement my old Genesis sits. Unfortunately, some snot-nosed neighbor stole my NHL 94 game. If I had a gun, I'd track him down (just kidding, related to a different thread).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Hardspoon said:

Nice. It was on my list, but I was scared off by the mediocre reviews. Interested to hear what you think.

Yea.

i think it's going to be a niche game for people who like exploration and resource gathering style. I wonder if there are any future updates. 

13 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

Started to play The Last of Us Remastered for PS4.  Played it back when it came out, awesome game.  

One of the best games ever made for PS3. I actually have the one for PS4 and never got around to playing it. I don't even think I ever installed it. There are an awful lot of video games collecting dust around my house these days.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought the Bioshock Collection for Xbox One kind of on a whim yesterday. I have them all on Xbox 360, but I've only played maybe 1/4th of Infinite and none of the other games. Anyway, I'm about to the start the first game. 

A few months ago I was playing a lot of LA Noire. I made it all the way through the game in a few weeks. I'm not super high on that sort of FPS RPG style single player game because the stories just don't draw me in and keep me interested. LA Noire, however, was awesome. One of my favorite games of all time. I'm thinking of replaying it again at some point just to see if I can do it better (and I've had issues downloading the DLC, so maybe I can get the complete edition or something and just play it through).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My daughter brought her boyfriends PS4 Virtual Reality headset and a couple of games to the house the other day.  Very neat, played Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (Shooting game (zombies and monsters) while riding a roller Coaster).  Very cool, wish the detail was a little clearer, but it was fun.  Not sure I'd fork over the $400 for it right now but maybe later.

21 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

My daughter brought her boyfriends PS4 Virtual Reality headset and a couple of games to the house the other day.  Very neat, played Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (Shooting game (zombies and monsters) while riding a roller Coaster).  Very cool, wish the detail was a little clearer, but it was fun.  Not sure I'd fork over the $400 for it right now but maybe later.

I was kicking around the idea of buying that for Christmas, but I may just wait until the new playstation comes out before getting it. Or more likely I'll just buy the VR for PC. I did just finally replace my PS4, went with the one that came with CoD BO3 because it was the cheapest one. Since I got the game free I decided to try out the advanced movement style CoD.... It's not as bad as I remembered when AW came out, but I am still not a big fan of it. I even tried out the "beta" *actually demo* of the new CoD coming out last weekend since it was free also. A few things really ruin the experience for me in these games. I don't like the advanced movement, I don't like the "special abilities" that the exosuits/rigs give players, especially since they automatically charge up, and moreso in IW the sniping is ridiculous with a lot of aim assist, huge one hit kill boxes, and next to no flinch when being shot. I could probably enjoy the game even with the advanced movement if they removed the special power ups on the suits/rigs and made the sniper one shot kill hit box chest+head, reduced aim assist and added more flinch while being shot. All that said, I really miss the boots on the ground style and am looking forward to Modern Warfare Remastered. However, I am going to wait until they offer it as a standalone instead of paying $80+ for a game I don't really want just to get the one I do.

On September 14, 2016 at 4:35 PM, jamo said:

I bought the Bioshock Collection for Xbox One kind of on a whim yesterday. I have them all on Xbox 360, but I've only played maybe 1/4th of Infinite and none of the other games. Anyway, I'm about to the start the first game. 

A few months ago I was playing a lot of LA Noire. I made it all the way through the game in a few weeks. I'm not super high on that sort of FPS RPG style single player game because the stories just don't draw me in and keep me interested. LA Noire, however, was awesome. One of my favorite games of all time. I'm thinking of replaying it again at some point just to see if I can do it better (and I've had issues downloading the DLC, so maybe I can get the complete edition or something and just play it through).

The first bioshock was the only one worth playing, IMO. I tooled around with the second one right after it came out and never got into it. Infinite was just a disappointment. I never finished that one, either. 

I liked LA Noire, too. But i felt like it could have been so much better than what it was. Despite the idea that it was open world, it was actually a pretty linear game with only one way to progress the story. I also didn't like the fact that it let you know right away when you made a wrong choice when you questioned witnesses.

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I liked LA Noire, too. But i felt like it could have been so much better than what it was. Despite the idea that it was open world, it was actually a pretty linear game with only one way to progress the story. I also didn't like the fact that it let you know right away when you made a wrong choice when you questioned witnesses.

I felt he same way. It was good and an interesting concept, but they could have done so much more with it. I never had the urge to replay that game.

I kind of feel the same way I did about Dishonored. It was fun, but other people liked the game a lot more than I did for reasons I can't understand.

I got Civilization VI. So far it feels like a better version of V, which is a compliment.

1 hour ago, Strandly said:

The Bioshocks were alright.  I actually thought the second one was the best, followed by the first.  The newest one seemed like it should have been so much better.

Yeah, people i know that game say they liked the second one better two. Maybe i didn't give it a chance. I just never got into it. 

50 minutes ago, billchao said:

I felt he same way. It was good and an interesting concept, but they could have done so much more with it. I never had the urge to replay that game.

I kind of feel the same way I did about Dishonored. It was fun, but other people liked the game a lot more than I did for reasons I can't understand.

I got Civilization VI. So far it feels like a better version of V, which is a compliment.

Feel the same about Dishonored. The gameplay was a lot of fun, but the two endings they give you (regardless of how you played) sucked. I haven't played Civiliziation since i was a member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master race. 

I have Civ 5 and all the DLC; it's the best one I've played.  I don't really have any interest in trying 6 at all, especially since they straight up stole the district idea from Endless Legend.  I think the franchise has been stale for quite some time and now they're just ripping off ideas from other games.  There are still some solid looking games out there along these lines though; I'd like to pick up a copy of Total War: Rome 2 or Total War: Warhammer, as well as Galactic Civilization 3.  Endless Space 2 is in a beta release and looks real solid too.

I've been playing a game called Titan Quest lately and it's pretty fun.  It's several years old now or older but it's basically a Diablo-like action RPG.  I'll probably play it a bunch this weekend actually since rain is forecast to ruin my final golfing weekend...

34 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Feel the same about Dishonored. The gameplay was a lot of fun, but the two endings they give you (regardless of how you played) sucked. I haven't played Civiliziation since i was a member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master race. 

I think Dishonored had 3 endings-- good, bad, and neutral.  I played through it once and got the neutral (which was annoying) because I made good/friendly dialogue choices but massacred all the enemies.  I meant to go back and play the DLC since the base game was somewhat short but just never got around to it.  If there's a nice sale on Dishonored 2 around Christmas I'll definitely try to pick it up since overall the first one was fun.

3 minutes ago, Strandly said:

I think Dishonored had 3 endings-- good, bad, and neutral.  I played through it once and got the neutral (which was annoying) because I made good/friendly dialogue choices but massacred all the enemies.  I meant to go back and play the DLC since the base game was somewhat short but just never got around to it.  If there's a nice sale on Dishonored 2 around Christmas I'll definitely try to pick it up since overall the first one was fun.

Oh. I never knew their was a neutral ending. In my two play throughs I either was nice and used non lethal tactics or was a maniac who killed everyone in my path haha. I liked the game generally, but i wasn't interested in it enough to check out a sequel. 

Edited by Groucho Valentine

• 4 weeks later...

Need some help and dont belong to any gaming forums. Been out of gaming since my little boy was born. The wonderful Mrs replaced our aging p3 with a ps4 pro and my my, how things have changed?! So, quick question; we have some games on disc and theyre taking forever to load. I hear theres a way u can play while it finishes the download in the background but I haven't figured out how yet. Cant anyone help? 

As far as games go, its very early so far but Cod Infonite warfare looks to be cool and Titanfall 2 seems downright epic this far. 

Thanks and a fortunate respawn to all.

4 hours ago, stealthhwk said:

Need some help and dont belong to any gaming forums. Been out of gaming since my little boy was born. The wonderful Mrs replaced our aging p3 with a ps4 pro and my my, how things have changed?! So, quick question; we have some games on disc and theyre taking forever to load. I hear theres a way u can play while it finishes the download in the background but I haven't figured out how yet. Cant anyone help? 

As far as games go, its very early so far but Cod Infonite warfare looks to be cool and Titanfall 2 seems downright epic this far. 

Thanks and a fortunate respawn to all.

Do you mean while they install for the first time or load every time? Tbh when I buy a new game I just do something else while it installs.

If you're into online multiplayer go for Battlefield 1- it's incredible! The single player campaign is pretty good as well. COD has been going downhill since MW2 for me.

If you're into RPG's it's difficult to look past Fallout 4, despite being a year old now.

3 minutes ago, Hazsa said:

Do you mean while they install for the first time or load every time? Tbh when I buy a new game I just do something else while it installs.

If you're into online multiplayer go for Battlefield 1- it's incredible! The single player campaign is pretty good as well. COD has been going downhill since MW2 for me.

If you're into RPG's it's difficult to look past Fallout 4, despite being a year old now.

Yes, the initial install right after buying the game. And both of those titles are on my short list. 

Finally got a PS4! Got 20% off on a PS4 Pro, so I decided it was time to get one. Also bought Bloodborne + DLC at a 20% discount, which is the primary reason I'm getting the console. Loving Bloodborne so far and it's nice to see changes to the Dark Souls formula, but still with the solid mechanics. I've been avoiding anything to do with Bloodborne for 1.5 years for this moment, to be able to play it blind, so it's about time.

My plan is to buy games mainly from the PS Store. I might have to pay more for some games than I would've in a store or from a webshop, but I'm 100% into buying digitally and not have to bother with the discs anymore.

On 10/28/2016 at 4:21 PM, Strandly said:

The Bioshocks were alright.  I actually thought the second one was the best, followed by the first.  The newest one seemed like it should have been so much better.

For me it's 1>2>Infinite. A lot of people speak warmly of Infinite, but I never thought it was that great. It was pretty, in the skies and had a convoluted story, but it didn't capture me the same way Rapture did. Rapture felt so much more real. If you haven't already, I strongly recommend trying Minerva's Den, a DLC for Bioshock 2. Many consider it better than the main game (although shorter of course). Speaking of Rapture. As I started playing Bloodborne, the enemies roaming about and talking to themselves or others gave me flashbacks to Bioshock 1/2 and the splicers talking. I think that's a really good element in games, when enemies move around and talk. The Bioshock series is one of my favorite from the last generation consoles.

• nevets88 changed the title to Video Game Thread