IGNORED

Video Game Thread

I preordered Cyberpunk. The theme isn't my favorite either, but after TW3 I've got confidence that CDPR will make a game that's worthwhile. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck with that. Those things bit  rot.

What on Earth did Atari make in 1972? I remember the Atari 2600, I sold mine about 5 years ago on ebay for like 200 bucks. But I had the 1977 edition, which I was pretty sure was the very first editio

I had Pong as well as an Atari 2600. My son has about every gaming system known to humanity, but I still reminisce about Leisure Suit Larry. 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Squid_350 said:

Steam sale has arrived. Picked up FC5 and a few others that I probably will never find time to actually open :mellow:

Damn, now I'm going to want to spend money on games I'm probably never going to play.

That's how Steam gets you.

Today I received a newsletter from Steam about their summer sale.

There is one casual mini-golf game called Golf It - it is on 50% discount until July 10th. I have not tried it yet; it has pretty good reviews though.

header.jpg?t=1560439586

Golf It! is a multiplayer Minigolf game with focus on a dynamic, fun and creative multiplayer experience. One of the most exciting features is a...

Edited by Nave

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:
hyjjz43rzqzgavgc5mdw.jpg

As of six days ago, speedrunners have found a way to complete The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask in under an hour...

Damn....

That game is pretty broken. I am shocked that I never accidentally caused some crazy stuff to happen when I originally played it. 

I saw that the Switch Lite has gotten pretty good reviews. It probably won't happen but for my own uses I wish they'd come out with a Switch Heavy that I could just leave plugged into my TV. I don't really have any desire to play on the go. 

If anyone likes Dark Souls-ish games, but with a shooting game, maybe give Remnant: From the Ashes a shot. I don't usually play these style games but I found it to be pretty fun. Re-playability is decently high as the encounters are randomly generated when the world is created so you can't see every boss, area, or get every item in the game on one play through. Once you finish the run, you just reroll the world and play through again with all the stuff and levels you gained.

2 hours ago, Jeremie Boop said:

If anyone likes Dark Souls-ish games, but with a shooting game, maybe give Remnant: From the Ashes a shot. I don't usually play these style games but I found it to be pretty fun. Re-playability is decently high as the encounters are randomly generated when the world is created so you can't see every boss, area, or get every item in the game on one play through. Once you finish the run, you just reroll the world and play through again with all the stuff and levels you gained.

Is the entire game like that? Roguelike?

I'll make a note and take a look. Love Souls and enjoy a good shooter.

17 hours ago, Zeph said:

Is the entire game like that? Roguelike?

I'll make a note and take a look. Love Souls and enjoy a good shooter.

It's not roguelike, unless I'm misremembering roguelke, because you don't lose progress when you die. There is no death penalty like Dark Souls where you have to retrieve lost souls when you die either. It has very similar save/checkpoint style where you basically sit at a campfire. Everyone I've heard describe the game calls it a dark souls style looter shooter, and they've all liked it. It's only $40 on steam so not a bad price.

20 hours ago, jamo said:

I saw that the Switch Lite has gotten pretty good reviews.

Not sure how successful it will be. I think it will be a slightly lesser version than the switch in terms of performance numbers.

20 hours ago, Jeremie Boop said:

f anyone likes Dark Souls-ish games, but with a shooting game, maybe give Remnant:

Meh. I tried out Bloodborne and hated the game because of how the fighting in the game feels. I loved the setting and all, but man the fighting is rough.

6 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Meh. I tried out Bloodborne and hated the game because of how the fighting in the game feels. I loved the setting and all, but man the fighting is rough.

Yeah, I've always struggled with games like Bloodborne and Dark Souls because the combat is very difficult. Nioh was another game that I really liked the aesthetics of, but the combat was just so difficult to get used to. This was more easy for me to get the hang of because it is a shooter and damage is done from various ranges instead of having to be CQC all the time.

Edited by Jeremie Boop

11 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Yeah, I've always struggled with games like Bloodborne and Dark Souls because the combat is very difficult. Nioh was another game that I really liked the aesthetics of, but the combat was just so difficult to get used to. This was more easy for me to get the hang of because it is a shooter and damage is done from various ranges instead of having to be CQC all the time.

I don't mind tough games, but the fighting was sluggish. The amount of frames each attack took made it unbearable for me. Its probably why I hate heavy characters in Smash Brothers. I like to feel like I can chain combos in fast succession.

If Bloodborne felt slow, don't try Dark Souls 2. Of all FROM games, Sekiro is maybe what would work best if you like speed, but it's not that different from the other games.

Bloodborne is one of my favorite games of all time. It's a masterpiece in my opinion. I love the gameplay, but what makes BB really shine is the atmosphere, the visual design, level design, enemies, story and lore. 

Many struggle getting into it. Most games start out easy and progress in difficulty. With Soulsborne it's almost opposite, especially if you haven't played them before. 

I enjoy faster games too, but Smash and similar games is not my thing.

Edited by Zeph

1 hour ago, Zeph said:

but what makes BB really shine is the atmosphere, the visual design, level design, enemies, story and lore. 

Oh that game hit all the marks there for me. You never realize how much gameplay style matters till you find one you can't stand.

I love playing Destiny, but I know the atmosphere, visuals, enemies, story and lore don't hit nearly the same level as BB.

I was a huge fan of the Darksiders games. II being better than I with the weapons upgrading. Maybe I haven’t given III enough of a chance but I struggled to get interested into it. Not a fan of the whip, stuck with weak weapons too long...I dunno...I need to fire it up again and put some more time into it.

7 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Not sure how successful it will be. I think it will be a slightly lesser version than the switch in terms of performance numbers.

It's basically a big GameBoy that can play the regular Switch games. And for Nintendo, if it doesn't work they can cancel it without many repercussions because it just operates in the Switch ecosystem. 

• 5 weeks later...

OMG, this game is so funny. It's making fun of golfers, that's fine, I don't care. Dunno if this was already posted here, at the risk of repeating. It's on Apple Arcade, coming to the Switch.

I finally bought a Switch. Not much of a gamer, but I wanted to play Breath of the Wild. It's an amazing game, and it's gonna be hard avoiding spoilers when I get stuck on something.

• nevets88 changed the title to Video Game Thread